PDA

View Full Version : Article: I'm

gideon
Mar 15, 2001, 07:23 PM
Now I know from what I’m about to say many are going to despise and hate me as it will at one point or another bring back painful memories of online gaming, but there is a confession I must announce! I am a tyrant, one of those players who make’s the honest gamer of PSO afraid to be felled or exchange items. I am one of those (for want of a better term) “Bastards” who lies patiently under the deceitful cover of honesty looking for any potential rarity from a fallen comrade, succumb by the heat of battle.

A reminder: guild cards first, then items.
It’s twisted but in all truthfulness I find this to be one of the most entertaining unintentional aspects of the PSO experience. You'll be surprised just how trusting some people are, people so devoid of human social behaviour they’re unable to fathom the notion of crime in such a perfect and artificial world.

I once easily deceived a Humar of about the same level, doing what most do, going from lobby to lobby from game to game in search of “that” special weapon, hoping to find someone of enough experience and generosity to provide it for them. (Free of course).

I think his name was, "FEAR", as soon as he entered the game he ran right up to me and asked if I had anything to trade and like always I replied, "what you got?" He then preceded to go through a list of pretty boring items that could with very little effort be found on hard or very hard, I told him I wasn’t interested and instead offered a game.

After a barrage of crying bubbles and begging we finally got to the caves, but as soon as we got there I noticed he had equipped a "DOUBLE SABER" (*now that was an item I’ve been after for quite sometime but never managed to get my hands on one. Up until now*!). Innocently I asked what it was, he told me, and i offered a trade' and being the sarcastic bunch most gamers are he replied "what you got?” Making up a bunch of lies I told him a majority of the rare weapons. It ended up with him wanting to trade my supposed frying pan for the De-vine Double Saber. So adhering to his offer I requested he move a little further away from my position while I ensured a good distance (“putting a little space between us just in-case he found out what was in store for him”!). He understood and complied, dropping his Double Saber he asked me to release mine, so I did, and instead I dropped an ordinary Saber (he had no idea what it was! All he could see was an orange box),' I slowly walked towards his and he did the same toward mine, he picked up the Saber, I picked up the Double Saber and I turned round to watch his reaction.

Most of what he wrote to being with I couldn’t read cause he was swearing so much, and the PSO server was editing most of it. But one thing's for sure, he was typing fast very fast, the bubbles were whizzing up one afer another reminisant of the 5th of november. After about 5 minuets he finally clamed down and asked for it back nicely. I said, 'drop my Saber and I’ll give it back' so he did and I picked that up too, so now I have his weapon and all mine, this made him even worse and again he started swearing and this time running rings around my character. After laughing my arse off and having enough entertainment for one night, I left with a new addition to my inventory. A job well done.

Go on say it…. I know your thinking it......

IM A BASTARED.

And I love it.

Mar 15, 2001, 07:37 PM
ok, your are a 'bastard' correct spelling... Also a 'retard' for wanting to tell us about it..

Barbarella
Mar 15, 2001, 08:07 PM
Yes you are.

Mar 15, 2001, 09:13 PM
Dude hope you die painfully and slowly. Plus you will be the first to face a hack which i have been working on. You FAG you make me wish i didn't own PSO!

Mar 15, 2001, 11:50 PM
Well first of all your stupid for posting this, second of all, your whole outlook is wrong, see all you have to do is be cool to ppl and they will give you stuff. Like find a high level person, like level 80 to 100, and they usually clean out there inventory all the time, so when they do this they usually drop stuff they dont want, or just give it away, because at that level selling it is pointless, because money isnt a factor to worry about. So they would rather just make someone happy by giving it away. Also if you have alot of good friends on there, they will give you stuff too. And the what your doing will never get you friends. And thats the whole thing about the online part of it, being with friends and having a good time. Sounds like all you do is take and run, sounds like your missing a very large part in the game. Oh well its your loss, and a double saber isnt really all that rare to really bother stealing, or brag about. I think at this point everyone has one, hell dupers give that stuff away all the time, plus a whole bunch of other rares. You just got to know where to look.

Mar 16, 2001, 04:20 AM
What kind of confession was that? It's like you just confessed to the whole world that you're gay and you found some innocent victims...

Raion
Mar 16, 2001, 06:53 AM
U suck!

Mar 16, 2001, 08:28 AM
The bit about the swearing is hilarious. Hearing about it is freakin' funny, and telling it probably is too. But if I was watching it happen I wouldn't find it funny. So after you've had your fun, why not give the weapon back?
I think I'll actually do that. Scare people like that, have fun at their reaction, then give the weapon back with a compensation gift.
Much better.
Hilarious post anyway.
- Defend -

JohnPeat
Mar 16, 2001, 08:46 AM
It's a sad fact that thieves and con-men exist, both in PSO and in real-life. With people capable of so much stupidity and greed, it's something we have to live with day-in and day-out...
In a way it makes PSO more 'real' that this happens - it certainly makes it more interesting!
The fact that this sort of thing happens however, does NOT mean that people should not fundamentally trust each other IMHO - it would be a sad day...
A little bit of commonsense isn't a bad thing here tho - I tend to think that situations like this are 'asking for it' and I do beleive in the 'natural victim'!
But a question if I may - you didn't steal anything (technically speaking) - FEAR was just plain 'daft' IMHO - but would you?
Do you just con people like this - or do you rob the dead as well???
I imagine that FEAR will have learned his lesson and will be less generous and trusting in future - and soon, so will everyone else on PSO of course
Then, I suppose you'll have to either play the game properly and earn some items or move on to trouble some other people...
CYA

JohnPeat
Mar 16, 2001, 08:49 AM
Interesting thought that - although it could get seriously annoying if it became a habit!
I tend to beleive that 'practical jokes' are only funny when the victim should, in reality, have had more sense and caught on quicker tho - and that fits here...
TTFN
JP

Mar 17, 2001, 03:16 AM
Personally, I would like a game were it was impossible to steal, con, trick, lie, PK other players, so I'd like to live in a perfect bubble, I get great satifaction giving away items, even if they are good items that i may need or use...if someone just came up to me and asked I would gladly set them up with anything I had available to make their (and in turn mine) playing experiance better.
I prefer having tons of friends, no enemies, and no items. rather that having tons of enemies, no friend, and tons of items.
Friends are above all else to me.

Mar 21, 2001, 06:37 PM
And you sir are uneducated trash for using the word 'retard' like that.

Mar 22, 2001, 02:18 AM
I'm a very trusting person online, most of the friends i make turn out to be the same way. My first trade definitely left a bad taste in my mouth, the guys name was CLOUDSTRIFE (fucking asshole) anyway, he took my double sabre and frying pan. I was over it after bout two days. My point being is that trash like that don't deserve to be online, but now i'm over it, i'm more pissed off when people in know get ripped off. peace out (FAYE)

Mar 27, 2001, 02:01 PM
I'd like to leave a whelp on your arse.
Look for me online,
Zilidian.