PDA

View Full Version : Article: Yet another bug :/

gideon
Mar 21, 2001, 11:03 PM
God writes, "RPGGamer.com is reporting on another bug finding it's way into PSO. This one only seems to those players over level 16. Guess it's a puberty thing? You can find the original news here (http://www.rpgamer.com/news/Q1-2001/031901b.html)
[indent]Update 7:44AM: nozedive points out this is only a bad translation. The level 16 thing is a technique based bug. Also known as the "PK trick". This is how all those nasties laid waste to teamates. </blcokquote>
"

nozedive13
Mar 22, 2001, 03:30 AM
i think this is just another one of many within a series of bad translations. they don't mean a character level of 16, they mean a technique level of 16. normally you cannot get a technique to 16 because 15 is the upper bound. but i think there is an error that allows this to happen. wether this is gameshark or otherwise induced, i don't know. the use of a technique of level 16 or above will freeze the users game and who ever else is in the game as well. i guess this isn't a problem with android teammates.

Ukyou
Mar 22, 2001, 05:03 AM
Yea, I think yer right. I remember some jp player talking on how if a ???/tech raises your technique over lv15 (even though you can't see that it does) the game locks up as well as some other problems.

Mar 22, 2001, 02:51 PM
I can confirm there is a item that raises ur all ur techs 3 levels. but the PK trick is totaly diffrent. Any1 that has lvl 4 resta and zondi can do the pk trick. The pk trick is commpetely harmless, unless ur a andriod.

gideon
Mar 22, 2001, 03:06 PM
nay there was a much more deadly PK trick... (that actually PLAYER KILLED.) It was done using devil/technique.. which raise all spell levels by 1

Ukyou
Mar 22, 2001, 10:21 PM
Okay, reading my 1st response... this is pissing me off, people are constantly confusing player killing for the little trick where you can raise a teammates photon meter. Here's a suggestion, let's RENAME the trick where you hit teammates with zonde,gizonde,grants to PH (player hit), that way PH and PK can be told apart.
Anyways, when Sonic Team fixed a bunch of bugs for the US version, the ???/tech bug was one I wish they'd have left in... Hmmm, lets see, game crash, or slaughtering players...game crash or slaughtering players... hehe.

Takean
Mar 25, 2001, 02:11 PM
I am confused...if this bug has been fixed by Sega...and now...if you try to pk ppl with that trick...then how did this guy online last night do it. He was nice to me...just wanted to show a trick...and he killed me...lol. But he did bring me back to life and said he didn't use a game shark or anyother kind of cheat device. So...how could he have done it and his nor my game lock up. I don't get it...is there another way?