PDA

View Full Version : Article: Sega of Europe PSOver.2 Update

gideon
Mar 22, 2001, 10:47 AM
God writes, "A thank you to Hastie for writing in on this one. SoE seems to have given valid points as to why they will not be releasing PSOver.2 to Europe. They also hint at some grim news for Americans.

Dear [censored],
Thanks for your message.There are a couple of points to make about this,the first one being that this add-on is not available in the rest of the world,only in Japan.The second and more important point is that the sequel to Phantasy Star is scheduled for release around September or October of this year.It would be July at the earliest before we could have the add-on translated and in a format compatible with the European network.For these reasons we have decided not to release the add-on worldwide but instead to get the sequel out as early as possible.
Please check Dreamarena regularly to keep yourself up to date with the latest releases news.
Regards
Gerry Campbell
Sega Support "

Mar 22, 2001, 11:13 AM
Yet again sega proves they have no clue, they would have relatively good sales for v2 if it was released in july and would keep people's interest up until pso2 came out towards the end of the year.
By not releasing v2 people will have probably got bored and moved on long before pso2 comes out and as a consequence the sales of it will be lower than if they had maintained people's interest and made some money in the meantime.
I guess sega's decision to get out of the hardware market used up their common sense for this decade as shown by their decision to not release a game with certain sales that would also aid the sales of the sequel.

MORB
Mar 22, 2001, 01:21 PM
It sucks :(
Anyway, I'm glad that at least it will probably be available in US... Then I'll be able to buy an imported copy in english language. And I think it will probably be possible to make it work online in europe.
I don't like their crappy french translations anyway :)

haruko
Mar 22, 2001, 03:27 PM
well.. as proven time & time again.. sega of america / europe consistenly have their heads up their respective @#$es..
they've said the same things about Jet Grind Radio, Chu Chu Rocket, and Space Channel Five..
yet sega of japan had them come out in all markets. only time will tell, and calling SOA or SOE over & over wont do anything but make the phone operators cranky.
i think SOA and SOE are just puppet for SOJ..
region tech support etc..

Willis
Mar 22, 2001, 03:33 PM
Haruko is making sense...

Mar 22, 2001, 03:46 PM
hmm, well i think it will come out but i may be wrong, what all do the have to localize in it? i thought that PSO was in Japense and english, pretty much the same thing and the servers cant be that much differnt, how else could i go to the JP ships and they come to the US ones? it just dont make any sence...

RawRebel
Mar 22, 2001, 07:40 PM
SOA always screw things up.1st they release 32x against SOJ wishes and now they won't release ver2 of pso.The dreamcast is discontinued please don't stiff us on games because the well is running dry.Third parties r jumping ship left and right,so we need all the games we can get.

VULCAN
Mar 23, 2001, 01:50 AM
If this is true then why have several gaming sites [such as Game Watch] reported that PSOv.2 will be out in the US by May 17? Huh? Why?! ...Thats what I thought!

godfree
Mar 23, 2001, 02:12 AM
Look I was thinking this for a while I would like to get this done.. I want to help ya for real..... I have something BIG!!!!! Just give me an email.. my friends from EU email me at [email protected] I have a nice suprise for you and For SEGA EU :)
Hint***We will make Our voice Heard***
www.mp3.com/psoradio

Jedipuff
Mar 24, 2001, 08:00 PM
Remember, though, that it took Sonic Team almost 3 years to finally release PSO. 2 months later in the USA, one month after that in Europe. The game is translated in 5 languages, and since the ver2 has 2 new levels, that means that they need to translate 2 sets of quests 5 times, as well as making those compatible with the current PSO system online, as well as incorperating into the network the ability to play Soccer and Fight on servers ( a complete or subtle overhaul of the PSO servers.) Also, since they are increasing the level cap to 200, a lot of things will need to be translated for the specific system types (US, JP, EU). That's quite a bit to do in 3 months, since they are ALSO finishing Sonic Adventure 2 AND working on PSO2. That's a whole lot of stuff, along with the impending multi-platform jump and the death of Okawa. They have a lot on their hands right now, so be patient with them......remember, PSO2 is 6-9 months away.