PDA

View Full Version : Article: PSO Version 2 | More Euro News.

gideon
Mar 23, 2001, 09:07 PM
Ok I sent off the following e-mail to Sega of Europe and the response is below that. I clearly mention that PSO version 2 is confirmed for USA release and he didn't deny this in his reply so don't worry american peeps...as for us euro's ...well :( ....anyway here goes.)

There is hope for the Europe petition yet! Head over to
http://www.petitiononline.com/psoeuro/petition.html. And help!I was wondering whether Phantasy Star On-line Version 2 would be released in the UK (Europe)?

Sega's reasoning behind not releasing it was that they don't think People would pay full price for something that is essentially an add-on disc. But currently the consensus around the Internet is that practically Everyone that bought the first PSO would buy the add-on disc regardless of whether it was priced at the cost of a full game or not. PSO version 2 has already been confirmed for Japan and just recently the USA. So leaving Europe out means its no-longer a global Community and is kind of making the European community the underdogs because we can't play against anyone in another country, this could be almost considered racist (if taken to the extreme).

So simply put, with the massive public interest and huge petitions around the Internet, is Sega at least re-considering releasing PSO version 2 in Europe?

Even though I'm sure this e-mail will fall on deaf ears I wait and hope to Receive some sort of reply...

Thank you for your time :)

----

Dear [withheld],

Thank you for your E-mail about PSO2.

SEGA Europe still have no plans to introduce the updated PSO in Europe primarily because of the reason highlighted in your message, i.e. 'charging full price for an add-on disc'.

However, as always such decisions are subject to market forces and public opinion, and as such your comments will be logged on our database.

Thanks again for your message,

Yours Sincerely,

Norman Hunter SEGA Europe.

-----

So there you have it, read into it as much as you like. But I'm ready to import ;)

Mar 27, 2001, 09:12 AM
i xant pso 2 please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mar 27, 2001, 09:12 AM
i want pso 2 please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Apr 1, 2001, 02:00 AM
I also will pay full price for an addon I LOVE PSO!!!! I suggest we all bombard sega asking them to release it here!!!! otherwise they will never listen to just one person! if no-one reads this then I am hoping the webmaster will as put up a message asking all euros to send an e-mail to sega... I am against Spam but if sega get enough mails then maybe... just maybe....

Telboy007
Apr 6, 2001, 12:17 PM
I don't see why they can't keep their costs down by doing a mail order only offer, and just send a GD-Rom in a small disc box without instructions. It's not as if we'll need them....
ARGH!
SoE I hate thee....