PDA

View Full Version : Article: PSO Camera trick

gideon
Mar 25, 2001, 05:04 PM
watashiwa writes, "Plug another controller into port 3 of the Dreamcast and hold left on the D-PAD then hit the L+R buttons simultaneously to switch views to a partner's view. The change is permanent until you swap views back to your own. Yay!"

HiroShojin
Mar 26, 2001, 12:55 AM
Hey punk...I told you that trick!You should give me at least SOME credit jackass...-.-

Ukyou
Mar 26, 2001, 02:52 AM
Someone posted this trick a month ago, I remember playing with it a little bit. =P

Cloud7910
Mar 26, 2001, 03:40 AM
it doesnt work

Ukyou
Mar 26, 2001, 10:03 AM
well actually, I haven't tried it with port 3...I know port 2 works

havoc
Mar 26, 2001, 02:23 PM
I tried the trick and I cant get it to work. Ive tried it in port 2 3 and 4, and it still wouldnt work. Is there anything else that I might be doing wrong. I hope I can get this trick to work because it could be a great way to trade more safely.

Sleet1
Mar 26, 2001, 08:27 PM
I cant do it!! Im confuused

KLin-304
Mar 28, 2001, 05:05 PM
I've verified it works on ports 2-4, although the trick really isn't quite as simple as it sounds for some people. You apparently have to have the timing down right or else it won't work right. I can get it to work quite easily, but my teammate wasn't. We experimented a bit with it. Here are some ideas we came up with:
1. Wide screen view picture shots of your teammate. Go up to one of those message capsules while you are switched to your teammate's view and talk to it. The screen should enter wide screen mode. But your view will be stuck on your teammate. They can even move around so that they can find any ideal spot from which to take a picture in wide screen mode.
2. Roving mine sweeper. We haven't tested to see if it is possible for non-android characters to see mines if they are in an android character's view, but if an android is in a non-android character's view, they can still see mines. It would be more useful if it was the other way around though.
3. Extra challenge while fighting. Imagine 4 people each switched to another's view and then battling through the levels while playing in this fashion. You'd almost always have to stick close together or risk losing your bearings. (Unless your really good at using the map radar to fight) Note that this'll probably get really chaotic when you have to fight against the Dark Falz, and Vol Opt. As they often times force your team to split up.

Mar 29, 2001, 09:54 AM
does it work on the EU version ?
or is it just the US/JAP versions?

Telstar
Apr 2, 2001, 06:40 AM
it definitely works in the EU version - i've done it.
it does seem to be a question of timing as it doesn't always happen - get near a teammate on Ragol and hit d-pad left then the triggers on that second joypad a few times