PDA

View Full Version : Article: PSO *REAL* PK possible

gideon
Mar 25, 2001, 07:47 PM
watashiwa writes, "Okay, for those who think *REAL* PKing is just a myth. View this video. Note that no Gameshark is required to pull this off. The movie. (http://www.project-douraku.com/psoshots/PSO-RealPK.mpg) "

Mar 25, 2001, 09:01 PM
I dont think that you shoud continue posting this up. It would just make it worst 4 us true gamers out here. If people continue reading this it would just make it worst. And soon nobody would want to play anymore.
i was fine when it didn't take any damage

Alexandro98
Mar 25, 2001, 09:39 PM
SH-T!!!

Mar 25, 2001, 10:00 PM
I agree, I think this is an incentive for many people who want to get their hands on some items fast to do this trick. It kinda of makes me even scared to pull out my new items because in a flash, i could be backstabbed and lose it forever.
You even say how to go about doing it. Downloading a gameshark image and burning it doesn't take much effort, so please reconsider this post and take down the file.

pete5883
Mar 26, 2001, 12:42 AM
I find it funny that a character named C'rono looks more like Link than that spikey haired kid....

LegOLamb
Mar 26, 2001, 01:54 AM
I am responding to this mainly because something of this nature happened to me earlier today. I find it surprising that anyone gets satisfaction out of stealing items from other players, knowing that at any point the same could be done to them. Its pretty pathetic that anyone has to go these lengths just to get a weapon that they want, and are not good enough to find themselves...
Wheter or not you post this doesn't matter, people already know, and they are already taking part in this pathetic action. The result of this is going to be either a massive amount of password locked games and/or a sudden loss of PSOs popularity. Either way its a stupid price to pay for such a pathetic action...

eRUPT
Mar 26, 2001, 02:17 AM
relax people.. there just trying to do just whats happening bring up your precautions so that this sorta thing DOESN'T happen to you... its a dangerous phantasy star world out there and the people here are letting you know about the serial killers in YOUR neighborhood.
-eR!

Cruzn15
Mar 26, 2001, 03:20 AM
I don't mind the warning really, it's just that all they said was that it's available, they didn't give any precautions on how to avoid the trap. Also, they've been going around and telling everyone how to do it. People on the forums are bragging, "I know how to do it and I'm not telling anyone." THAT's what I'm afraid of.

Mar 26, 2001, 03:28 AM
how do u player kill

EKLynx
Mar 26, 2001, 06:29 AM
i dont know.. for all i know its 2 people with god/hp++'s using a trimate..

Mar 26, 2001, 08:25 AM
True, we're not told HOW it was done, only shown it being done. It's just a higher tech version of all those "I know how to do it but am not telling" posts here and on Gamefaqs...
I'd like to see the knowledge of how PK'ing is done made public so that Sega can do something about it for v.2 or PSO2...
I'd also like to know if there is a way to prevent it. Since I don't play or trade in anything other than a password protected game, I'm probably quite safe (unless a close friend betrays me ;) Still, it's unnerving...

Mar 26, 2001, 08:26 AM
True, we're not told HOW it was done, only shown it being done. It's just a higher tech version of all those "I know how to do it but am not telling" posts here and on Gamefaqs...
I'd like to see the knowledge of how PK'ing is done made public so that Sega can do something about it for v.2 or PSO2...
I'd also like to know if there is a way to prevent it. Since I don't play or trade in anything other than a password protected game, I'm probably quite safe (unless a close friend betrays me ;) Still, it's unnerving...

Mar 26, 2001, 09:48 AM
HOW THE HELL DOYOU DO THAT

buck_shot
Mar 26, 2001, 12:54 PM
Player Kill happen to my party last night0(the 25th) his name was "Brandon" a HUmar he took our weapons and all our money. This type of thing should not be able to happen. Why is Sega doing nothing to stop these people, they are destroying this game and the Sega name we have come to trust. I just don't know if I want to play this game anymore :( .

Mar 26, 2001, 01:10 PM
Yes you are right pking is for real. My friend online is able to do it. its done through the use of an item called devil tech. The bad thing is, is that someone gave it to him. This is no lie he pked me with it just for fun.

Mar 26, 2001, 01:11 PM
Now I understand what the heck this is. I'ts a bug for those with high level techniques. Three Items in the game Wizard, Devil, and God Technique. In an earlier post it was stated that there was a bug causeing techs of higher than 15 to kill your friends and family... These three items raise your tech level by 1, 2, and 3 respectively. I had thought that it would simply max anything close to 15, I guess that it does raise it beyond.
If you have lvl 14 or 15 techs, and one of these items, I'm guessing don't use them in online play.
I would say this wasn't a huge problems, unfortunately with the rampand duping, who knows how many of these items are floating around.

Mar 26, 2001, 01:35 PM
Cmon man, you scare me talkin like that! Of course it suck having people do stuff like that to you, but yo cant give up on the game. I guess as long as there is PSO there are gonna be thievs n PK'rs n such.Thre is however a bigger problem. DUPING n GAMESHARKING. That really sucks. Because lets fac it what does it matter getting pk;ed and losing your lavis cannon f.e if u can get one for free just askin some guy for his spare? Dupers n Gameshrkers are dishonest pople pissing their own game away for a fast way to the top. Being cool wielding the chainsaw is all that matters for them, nevermind the hardworking man getting it himself.grrrr...Unfortuneatly they are mssin with our online world as well.Im not mkin any sense am i???zz..goodnight!!!...

Mar 26, 2001, 02:15 PM
hey! i tryied what the said, get devil technique and use ressta on a team member, THAT DDOESN'T WORK. I TRIED IT AND I JUST HEALS THEM LIKE NORMAL RESTA! SO DO U HAVE TO HAVE ALL the techniques, like wizard and god , and devil all equiped?

Mar 26, 2001, 03:55 PM
I got pked by someone named crusha, a humar. He was messing with me, he kept on reviving me and killing me, at least two times. Didn't take my main weapon. but may have taken my money, I forgot. First time it has ever happened to me, he did this just as we were about to fight some monsters. After I returned to town, after dying, said to "Did the dirt taste good?" What a @$$. I hate this. I definitely going to be a LOT more catious now.

buck_shot
Mar 26, 2001, 04:24 PM
Buck Shot here anybody who wants to play without cheat let me know please! We can team up and not have to worry about being killed by the others.

RENZO
Mar 26, 2001, 05:52 PM
i was killed yerterday by a solid snake guy who took my double sabre and ran away. it sucks i hope sega does anything!!

RENZO-.

Mar 26, 2001, 06:47 PM
However this PKing %$#@ came about, I don't know but it needs to be stopped...now I'm afraid to even play online anymore with all my rare weapons...I'm just praying it doesnt happen to me.I'll team up with anybody that is against this.

Mar 26, 2001, 07:03 PM
Can you PK with weapons or just spells????

Mar 26, 2001, 09:21 PM
I got killed by Brandon on Sunday as well. He wasn't quick enough to get my weapon though.
For the record Brandon, you're a TW@T ! Get a life.

Mar 26, 2001, 10:05 PM
That was an android casting resta! How could he do that? Is there a item or unit that allows it? Does healing a massive amount of damage (+999) cause the rest to be subtracted? If sega coed the thing, they should be able to fix it!

Akira_Fujiyama
Mar 26, 2001, 10:50 PM
Well How do you do it exactly?

Mar 27, 2001, 04:49 AM
The question is not "How can we do it?" but "How can we prevent this from happening to ourselves?" Those of you who know how to do this, please consider telling the rest of the world if there is anything we can do to make ourselves safe from this.

TcGoku2k1
Mar 27, 2001, 02:53 PM
the only thing that can save you is the god HP++

Andromeda
Mar 27, 2001, 04:34 PM
Yeah, I know it stinks.... hasn't happened to me yet, and now that I know about it, it won't! Easy (but play-limiting) solution: Play ONLY in pswd games, i.e. ONLY with people you trust. I would think this is the most obvious solution in the PSO world!

Mar 27, 2001, 09:32 PM
crusha got me to yesterday. i took off right away

Raion
Mar 27, 2001, 10:59 PM
OKay..This Pk adds a dark element to the game........Sega let it happen..they will not do anything to stop it...if they put an item in the game that does that!....So maybe thier is an item that protects you from such things..Like somethin god..God and the devil dont get along!! I am striaght edger..so i don not have a desire for this item..If i want to take a person out..Ill wait to do it face to face in version 2.
Just beware of who you play with..This goes for everything, Thieves..Dupers and Serial killers!!
Raion

Mar 28, 2001, 02:09 AM
i agree... i am the victim of a PK and it is terrible....u hope who did this to me gets theirs...

Mar 28, 2001, 07:58 AM
ok now this is not good

Mar 28, 2001, 08:00 AM

Mar 28, 2001, 08:09 AM

Mar 28, 2001, 09:49 AM
Some ar$ehole called Serge was PK'ing me and my buddies last night. No amount of colourful language could get rid of him so we had 2 take your advice Andromeda!
I'd like to work out how to do it myself, only so I can get my own back >:)
Nannypants

buck_shot
Mar 28, 2001, 11:57 AM
Buck Shot here follow PSO players I just wanted to talk to you for a little while about cheating and its effect on the gaming world we all share. Now
why do people cheat on games, well to get all the goodies right! But what is the point of buying a game if all you are going to do is cheat. Didn't you
guys buy this game because it was fun to play through it, meet new people, and find those rare weapons or items. Not steal them from a person who may just have helped you out not a second before! Dam people what's wrong with you! Sonic Team made this game to help gamers make friends not enemies. So the next time you think about cheating just look around and see all those
people having fun playing the game the way it was intended. And think that could be me having fun to.

Mar 28, 2001, 01:40 PM
hey the solid snake dude killed me to if u wanna play my name is joepesci666 online

Mar 28, 2001, 01:46 PM
I KNOW HOW IT IS DONE.....IF U HAVE DEVIL?TECHNIQUE- - and u use resta u can PK my name is JoEpEsCi666 online

Mar 29, 2001, 12:11 AM
Do you seriously think people will tell you how to PK? Doing so would just add more PKers to the dangerous PSO world out there... I doubt you'll ever find out on here how to PK, because then everyone will be doing it.

Mar 29, 2001, 12:45 AM
Does it kill u no matter what or only the amount of damage it shows.

Mar 29, 2001, 08:45 AM
I was pked YET AGAIN-by someone named Haris(Humar) when we got to mines 2, he came via telepipe. then he said something, in bold captital letters "COME OVER HERE" and killed me and the other two people I was with. But you know what? I equipped myself with a weak-ass handgun just in case, deposited all my mesteta and did not pick up any of while in the mines. All he got out of this was a puny handgun....HA HA HA HA
I still hated the pk, of course. This is always what I do just in case a PK is lurking around.
That way the'll get a weapon that is of no value to them, or something pretty weak. I try to run if I have the chance through(and a quick telepipe)

buck_shot
Mar 29, 2001, 11:44 AM
I played last night and did the same thing. I put my good weapons in the bank and used a new weapon I pick up cheap. But I really hate this, why have a good weapon if you can't even use it.:(

Mar 29, 2001, 06:07 PM
I just wanna say that not all gamesharkers are bad... Some work hard for their items ,like me, and do NOT feel safe with all the PKing around here. So we make only ONE copy of the item for insurance. Maybe u are not familiar with the PSOGS code of honor. We are not allowed to trade give or let any other user touch our duped items. They are soley for insurance. Not all of us are bad. So stop stereotyping. Otherwise, I hate the ones who abuse the GS!!

Akira_Fujiyama
Mar 29, 2001, 07:25 PM
It kills ya alright I finally can do it! I have a god/hp++ which gives me a 9002 HP boost. I let a friend use it and i tried to kill him. I got him after very many hits. Otherwise it kills ya in 1 hit. Now for all of you wanting to know how to do it: it requires a Devil/Technique-- and Resta lvl 15. Im not sure how to acquire the devil/tech-- but i acquired it through my Game Shark. So as far as I can tell it does require a GS to pk. Well at least to get a devil/tech--

Mar 29, 2001, 09:49 PM
well
you'd best look out!
cuz i got a ton of these devil tech thingies
i was wondering what the HECK this thing was
:P
heh
anybody ou there who likes playing with a spread needle armed?

Mar 30, 2001, 12:11 AM
No, it is a hack called devil/tech-- that is doing this.... its a stupid gameshark hack, those liars.
I have a god/tech and normaly L14 resta, and i cant do anything like that, ive tried. And i have seen a hack going around called devil/tech--, which is the hack... I have talked to a bunch of freakish cheaters about it...

Mar 30, 2001, 12:25 AM
YOU LITTLE CHEATER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
GET AWAY FROM THIS WEB SITE YOU LITTLE FREAK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
LEAVE THIS SITE AND NEVER COME BACK!!!!!!!
EVERYONE TELL THIS LITTLE FREAK TO GET OUT OF HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THE GAMESHARK IS THE WORST THING TO EVER HAPPEN TO THIS GAME AND YOUR ONE OF THOSE FREAKISH PKers !!!!!!!!

GO AWAY YOU LITTLE FREAK!!!!!!!!

Mar 30, 2001, 01:56 AM
what in hell is sega doing about this????
it feel like i am playing DOOM... #@!#ing people is starting to build guilds and teams to get back at each other and stealing weapons and players getting kill in the lobby!!!
where is the team and meeting new players in pso... i am going back to DOOM.
thanks for destorying an excellent game concept.

Mar 30, 2001, 08:03 AM
Were you bullied at school?
Still a virgin?
Some kind of inadequate I bet
sociopathic weirdo on a sad little power trip

Mar 30, 2001, 08:05 AM
He's a nasty little weirdo on a power trip, and he's PKing people so watch out and tell yer friends

Mar 30, 2001, 08:07 AM
watch out for some asshole called SS2 Vegeta, he's going round killing people

Mar 30, 2001, 05:04 PM
YEAH its possible to pk but u have to have hacked devil tech and hacked god tp to do it so dont let anyone tell u different there hacked items
signed
XXariochXX

Mar 30, 2001, 06:36 PM
I can do it.Its very simple once u know how.The PK is spreading ver fast,everyone knows about it now.You cant use PK in JP anymore, i wonder when it will get to US?

opalexian
Apr 3, 2001, 04:05 PM
...'cause-
A. They are the ones that will get bored, and scream 'oh, this game is sh-t, I'm gonna go sell this and make some kid cry and then play NFLBA 2kkkkk and listen to some bad rap.' They will eventually leave. The game isn't about their 'mad skillz,' it's about killkillkill and have a good time with your friends. I haven't been online for several days, so really haven't seen much of this, but I've had LOTS of experience with EXCELLENT players who are either out to have a good time, or (like a few days ago,) people who have achieved high levels, and just wanna help out, and have fun too (love to Xian and Dark Tenshi-w00t!)
B.-Unless this has changed, v.2 should still have the players head2head. THAT will definiately weed out the whiny morons who only know how to buy happiness and GameSharks, and forget to buy the TRUE mad skillz needed to actually be able to kick someone's @$$ to Pioneer 2 and back.
Then the true players will be left alone on the servers to have the time of their frickin' lives.
Dial 1-800-WAAH, baby-PK/cheater/dupin' days are comin to an end...

Telboy007
Apr 5, 2001, 07:40 AM
It's sad that password games are the way to go, but you've got to do these things to make sure and protect your rares... like my lovely <b>Lavis Cannon<b>... yum...

Telboy007
Apr 5, 2001, 07:41 AM
..oops... what pants html skills....

Apr 6, 2001, 06:55 AM
Someone on this bord wrote that using devil tech u can kill other players? That I know nothing about, but one thing I do know is that devil tech is a HACKED item if u are holding one u will get deleted for sure. Other hacked items are: Sonic knuckles, God HP++ (some version that just gives u tooo much HP) and the same goes for all GOD things that gives u freaking too much of whatever.. So stick to the fair play don't cheat don't even try to kill other players!! :)
/ Death Scythe

AntidoteX
Apr 6, 2001, 04:05 PM
PSO World should compile a list of all the PKers out there, so we can avoid them. So far I've read about Brandon and crusha on this list.
It hasn't happened to me yet (knock on wood).

Apr 7, 2001, 12:57 PM
I disagree to a certain degree with ya'll when you say we should completely get rid of pking. Pking can accually be a good thing. If players who don't have bad intentions could pk, we could all protect ourselves and our friends from other bad pkers. Also, i'm sure everyone reading this has been stolen from at least once. If we could pk, we could track down and kill who ever took our good items and if they are holding the item that was lost when you pk them, you could get back your item when they drop it. If only there was a way to only let people with good intentions have the abillity to pk.....

haterade
Apr 8, 2001, 03:27 AM
Umm... yeah, i kinda agree with you in a way, that Pk thing should only be given to those with the proper intentions... it never happened to me, but i'd be mad if it did, yet i'd like to be able to pk,or at least try it once; i just wouldn't take their stuff, cuz mine iz ill enough. Dam, video game beef, lol

NIGHTMAREN
Apr 9, 2001, 05:53 PM
Hey, thats not 2 bad of an idea. Sega should set up some sort of a policing system, with them having the ability to get items back...

Apr 10, 2001, 11:49 AM
That explaination doesn't make sense because there is a real item called devil/tech. It's not just a hack. Go look in the versus guide for proof.

Apr 10, 2001, 12:57 PM
Ugh. Idiot. God units are actually available. Only the legit ones, such as God/Power, God/Arm, and God/Mind. There is also Angel/mind which most know about. And I'm most certain theres a Devil/Tech. But it serves a different purpose than the PKing. And Sonic Knuckles are not a hacked item. It's just a very rare addition to the knuckles. People tell me that my Lavis is Hacked, yet I know that it isn't, cause I can equip it and not have my name banned. So, you better think before you talk.
- Arv

Apr 11, 2001, 11:55 PM
The only way you can pk is to have devil/tech--.
The devil/tech exists but only raises the level of all your magic by two. There are no variations with - or +. Like I said, the only way you can pk is to have devil/tech--, so if you have this you are using a hacked item and will be kicked off of the server. Whether or not pk does exist without cheating, I do not know. All I know is devil/tech-- is hacked.

Apr 12, 2001, 02:14 PM
My name is cool_codes_2000 and I was also attacked by this "Bradndon" character I was told by sega 2 get this guyz guild and give the guild info 2 them 2 get this guy stopped

Apr 15, 2001, 06:51 PM
I hear ya My brother met someone who told him a secret that would let u use magic on each other but it would only raise Mag energy. That's harmless. But I ran into a guy and while we were playing Maximus (level 100) joined up and my friend explain how PK worked in simple Mail so Maximus wouldn't hear. I blurted out Pk and Maxius left in a flash. ( he was in the city at the time.) So this probaly tru so if u see Maximus(lv. 100) watch out!

Telboy007
Apr 17, 2001, 09:17 AM
Maybe he left because he didnt want u killing him and taking his weapon...

Apr 19, 2001, 04:30 AM
yah

kaijunn
Apr 24, 2001, 11:07 AM
Uhhh......we've all seen it happen with our own two eyeballs....so uh...whats next...how bout you reveal some of that information to us people who are tired of getting robbed by those people who are to lazy to get their own lavis cannon or just enjoy feasting on us true gamers who believe we should be able to let a fellow PSOer look at an item without having it stolen by some gutless freak. Or having second thoughts about playing online because we dont want to get killed by a monster and have our weapon and our "BENJAMINS" jacked!

Apr 28, 2001, 02:28 PM
you have to equip a devil/tecnique and then you can cast grants on people and it will hurt them

Apr 28, 2001, 02:31 PM
It have been PKed 3 times!! And...
1: i had my lavis cannon stolen by PKers
2: i had 999k stolen by PKers
3: i had 500k and my spread needle stolen by a PKer.
Its A evil truth but it does happen
i do know how to PK but i would never use it on people
i have also had loads of other rare items stolen from theifs and the like
DONT YOU JUST HATE THE B*****DS
comment by.....
*LexxLonStar*

May 1, 2001, 08:01 PM
I have had many valuable items stolen from me such as terror claw and stag cutlary. I would really appreciate it if you told me how to do this so I could those people back and maybe even help people who have had their items stolen. Please reply as soon as possible.
P.S. Watch out for ACE VENTURA!

May 6, 2001, 02:30 AM
just to let you know... god items are not hacks... I've found many on my adventures. lots of god/power -- or god/power +, lots of angel/minds and god/minds as well. the max I think you can get from a god item is probably 30. the most I've gotten was a 25 or 27, don't remember.

May 9, 2001, 10:28 PM
I just noticed a few days ago that there is a Gameshark code that protects your weapon. When you die you wont drop your weapon. I think this is the best code to come out for Gameshark. But with this code you cant drop any weapons on perpose.

Friedhamster
May 10, 2001, 09:16 AM
Hmmm.... So it seams that you all think it is posible to PK(player kill for those who livw in a hole) without a gs(gameshark)well im so so sorry to let you know YOU CANT the only reason i know this is because for 1: the guy in the movie IS usine a gs I dont care what he says 2: I been looking for a non-gs way for O a good two weeks Im lol MHUUUhahaha I'm sorry to tell you it is not posible without a gs.-_^

May 10, 2001, 02:25 PM
I can't verify this, but I'm told that this is done using a hacked slot item (either god/tech or devil/tech). This item normally increases the lvls of all magic spells +3, but is hacked to be -3 or lower. The player's spells can then be in a negative lvl and have a reverse effect. It makes resta into a spell that hurts a team mate rather than healing.

May 16, 2001, 02:08 PM
some one please tell me how to pk so i can get my spread and lavis back....my email is [email protected]

May 20, 2001, 05:09 AM
PK is cool i do it all the time

May 26, 2001, 01:40 PM
geeze, what queers are out there. got PK ed once, but i had a scape doll, i revived myself, and i feel so insulted. the guy asked if i wanted my legit spread needle back because the stats were just TOO DARN CRAPYY!!!!!

May 31, 2001, 04:55 PM
you all think that is bad yeah right ive been pked over 20 times and lost all of my crap cuz of these damn pkers i guess that they just cant play the game the right way and they have to be azzez and kill others cuz maybe they think its for fun but i dont appreciate when i get a good rare and some one just walkz up and takes it like that and i cant do shyt about it and that really pizzes me off cause soon as i do use my scape doll they just pk me again and again!!!

Jun 2, 2001, 02:00 AM
god knows where that devil/tech is......im guessing its hacked entirely

Jun 2, 2001, 02:05 AM
ive been pked 8 times so dont go bitchin! and I SWEAR ON THE HOLY BIBLE thats the truth.

Jun 4, 2001, 03:21 PM
walk me through how to pk all the steps i gotta get some 1 back for usin a code that totally deletec my guy plz respond and step by step expplain

Jun 4, 2001, 03:21 PM
walk me through how to pk all the steps i gotta get some 1 back for usin a code that totally deletec my guy plz respond and step by step expplai

Jun 4, 2001, 03:31 PM
can some 1 give me the item to pk my name in the game is DEAN i am a racast i think a black tall 1 and i meet people on puck 1-1 at 6:00 ty for the kind person to come and to proove ur the person find me and say Responding

Jun 5, 2001, 05:34 AM
I don't now how to pkill but there is little player who pkill to take the weapon of the other player!!
So i think isn't a good thing but i think that all the poeple can pkill it's a good thing beacause everybody is equal !!!
If u now how to pkill tell it please

Jun 6, 2001, 09:03 PM
call the sega help desk they will help you report the person, try to get the time and ship and deck they will active search them out and ban them.

Jun 17, 2001, 11:49 AM
Hmmm, btw you dont get deleted because you have an hacked item. You will mostly only booted off the server. And still with all the loopholes in the game you can practicaly get away with anything. I was pked by someone who had,equipped, an eggblaster :(.

Jun 17, 2001, 12:00 PM
Oh good one! So if I get you right everybody should learn how to pk for protection purposes. By allowing that you would only create like a mass hysteria where everybody knows everyone can pk and the first on to do so would be safe. Real bright. and no, under no circumstance pk can be fun. I had someone try this on me " for fun" and what happened is that i got fsod when I was dead and lost my lvl 70 character. Real funny.

Jun 20, 2001, 11:30 PM
put on god equip code and banned items code. Next equip god/hp++ god/hp++ god/tp++ and god/mind--. next use a trimate. now go down and u can pk weeha!

Jun 22, 2001, 11:43 AM
the god hp++ is not a hacked item, I found one in the ruins offline.Boosts hp by 44. player killas suck and need 2 be banned. Come on Sega keep up!!!

Jun 25, 2001, 11:33 AM
Ok.wow...I noticed a few people saying "What is Sega doing about this" as if it were Sega's fault that people are Pk'ing people. Well I got news. Its not Sega that is at fault here, its the Lame people that think killing the fun of other people is fun and cool...
Moving right along :)
I think that maybee just maybee killing other people would be more fun if we could actually have a chance to run away, not just BAMMMM your dead. This is one of the reasons i'm glad that they made v.2.. But still..People don't praise yourself when your kill someone with GameShark, because anyone that is working on 1 brain-cell can press a button on a controller.
Just thought I would comment on this subject..
Ohh and BTB im Serena if you see me on the PSO servers just walking around make sure to say Hi or something

Rein_Venao
Jun 26, 2001, 02:14 AM
I've played Online games most of my life. PSO is one of my all time favourites. I've never played a game that both has your character drop all their money and their current weapon after being defeated, AND does not support PKing (or Player battles). All games always have hackers or cheaters, some people simply prefer to be the best and to belive that they are far more powerfull than their non-cheating counterpart (Which, unfortunately is true) It is when games are brought online that the true potential for hackers is discovered. PKing is always an issue on games, especially ones that dont "legitimatly" support it (PSO for example). Hackers will always find a way around even the best defense that any person, or company could ever create (for example Sega). It is not the fault of Sega for these random PK's and they can't do anything about them because they've already made the general parameters for the game. There are simple ways that Sega is taking action in (for example, preventing people with hacked items from getting online) but there are always hackers who will get around this "minor" setback.
More to the point. PKing is not going to go away, no matter how good a defensive system is made, computers simply lack the ability to detect new forms of hacking and stop them without new forms of software (which must be made after the hackers have already succeded at least once)
As a result, it is up to the player to keep themselves from being PKed (because humans do have the ability to find new forms of hacking and to prevent it). Not all people can stop it from the source (for example the average player like me, compared to a Sega programmer making V.2) but everyone can prevent it from happening to themselves by taking simple precautions and always being wary.
A few methods I have find effective are:
* In public games, get everyones guild card before you pipe a new player, few PKers are willing to give this up to their victims
* Be especially wary of very high level charactes, especially those who do not carry a weapon and those who can use techniques (since most PKing in PSO is done by hacking Resta, androids can't use this method)
* If you suspect a PKer, unequip your weapon, or equip one you won't mind loosing; also, stay away from the PK since the used Resta spell cannot reach distant areas
* If your really crazy, you might even try be-freinding PKers, (I've done it a few times, just "lol" alot when they get someone) this way they'll annoy the crap out of others but just leave you alone (at least long enough to get out of the game)

Might I also warn you, if you are PKed, dont go back for your stuff, and dont b:tch the PKer, You'll get them mad, and believe me, they can do ALOT worse than PK you. I was once cursed with eternal death.. come back to life, die in the hospital, come back to live, die in the hospita, come.. you get the idea.
As a final precaution, you could simply play in private games with only people you know, however I have seen a gameshark code that will allow the user to enter a locked games without the password.
So, always be catious with new people and never belive this can't happen to you, because it happens alot more than people realize, in PSO and online games everywhere

Jul 17, 2001, 04:59 AM
Why don't you f**kin speak properly, you f**kin 5 year old piece of f**kin sh*t.
If I ever c u m8......especially in real life, u 3 year old, f**kin muva f*cka.

Jul 17, 2001, 05:05 AM
Judge Law
2MUCH
RUFF-RYAN
I hate em m8....i wish i felt differently but, i'm
gonna get involved and CK them...i've had enough
of being nice to these PKing w**kers.

Jul 17, 2001, 05:14 AM
I agree with the person who said it's not a good idea for people to know to PK.
I want revenge too, and I unfortunately i see
myself going down this awful road.
It would be better if nobody could PK/CK.
Vela

Jul 24, 2001, 10:41 AM
I've read somewhere on this topic that to 'avoid' PKers, it would be smart to only get into password protected games. Well, I'd hate to break it to you, but PKers almost always use a GameShark to PK, and there's no stopping the power of a GS. I was playing online with a freind the other day in a password protected game, and someone used a hack on their GS to actually by-pass the password and get in. Lucky for me, it was just some guy who I played with a while back, but what if that had been a PKer? That would make people even more hesitant about even playing online. I say, we just sue the people who made GameShark in the first place. I enjoy funny hacks on a GS just as much as the next guy, but when you're allowed to just be an ass and destroy other people's $50 envestments, I'd like to draw the line.

Dragon_Blade
Jul 24, 2001, 09:00 PM
I feel that pker's are the lamest thing in PSO...Why do they have to ruin the experience for EVERYONE ELSE!?! They think it's funny to join a game and just kill the person for no reason... Only people with mad ADD and some mental retardation find that pking is "coo; and funny..." The game is meant for playing to have fun...not to play to make other peoples game miserable! Whoever found out how to pk first should really think about what they have done to the world of Ragol...

Sep 12, 2001, 04:47 PM
i've got a funny story. well i was playing with my lvl 58 humar with two others in an open game. a dude came in and used a "tainted resta attack". i saw it coming and i was about to flip. then, something funny happened. it killed everyone but ME!! it even got that stupid pk. i was feeling super smug, so i run around and revived everyone. i was dissing on the pk hard core! but then i realized the two others were pkers. DAMN!! they were in some group called the MERCINARIES (what a name... the jack asses!) and they were about to come after me.. i quit the game soon after that.. lol, silly pk...

Jan 2, 2002, 10:44 PM
You dont really need a gs or any cheat device for that matter to pk, all you need is to know pso's biggest glitch ever........CLONE!! Ok now if you see someone that looks like a hacker or something ask them if you can have thier card....most likely this person has super stats and is able to pk, next step into the lobby teleporter press start then search thier name look at the lobby they are in(has to be the same ship but not same block)then go to meet user, quickly move the cursor to the lobby number they are in......then go to it, this will make you into thier character and give you the stat pk ability if they have it to stay thier character all you got to do is save the game....its that simple. You must remember this is a glitch so it will take a few tries to get it right, sometimes it will make you freeze where you cantt type or see anything but you can see typing......it will take a few tries but it works!

Jan 3, 2002, 08:36 AM
Have two PKers
SoulNubis.He is a Ranger,RAmar.
And...aaahhh,whats his name again???
Sh*t,he was a FOnewm.
Note:I am Able to PK,but i have buyed a Cheatcartridge (XploderDC)Just for Anti-Restsa/PK/All.
I am a Level 100(Not cheated!!!!)

Jan 3, 2002, 08:39 AM
Hey Guys,do you know the Cheat to walk trough Wals and Closed Doors?Have seen someone...
He was behind the Teleporter to Tyrell...
Very strange......

Mar 8, 2002, 05:26 AM
ITS the same story!!!!!
sega comes along and tests the water of an online video game and then 2 years later sony brings out a final fantasy on line..
everyone forgets segas game because of Player Killing and has no recelection of and PK in FF,
since they upped the servers to prevent it.
a drink to the future..!!

MAGNUShunter
Apr 4, 2002, 02:55 AM
Smart move. But it still sucks that you have to be afraid to use a cool hard earned weapon because of an ingrate like that. Maybe guilds are the only real safe way to go? Trading id#s before you play with someone? Guilds keeping track of id#s and keeping a record of reported actions, posting them for all in the guild to see? Not playing with someone unless they are a part of your team? Putting all but your excess money in the bank? Not equiping a weapon unless you are about to use it, and even then making shure you always have enough emergency telepipe to jet back to the city when a stranger arives?
hmmmm...
nothing is ever easy.

May 26, 2002, 05:32 AM
I hate those people who are using pk . they just make everyone have bad exp for the online gameing.
I am 28 and is old for games. but i think that is stupid when those stupid people mass up the whole game. It lost the spirit for playing online game like pso.

nosaJ
Jun 20, 2002, 04:32 PM
huh? Maximus? He's my trustworthy PSO friend. He don't cheat.

nosaJ
Jun 20, 2002, 04:35 PM
Is that what *REAL* PKing is? I tried to see the movie but it doesn't work. Can you tell me how to do it please? I'll use it just to protect myself. E-mail me [email protected]

Aug 20, 2002, 01:02 AM
I would like to know how to PK without GS or Xploder. I've had many things stolen from me. My e-mail is [email protected]. If you wanna find me on PSO, my name is DaRk ReVeNgE and I'm usualy in Miranda, Block 7 or Oberon, Block 1.

Aug 20, 2002, 01:09 AM
PS: I won't use PKing for anything bad (I.E: Fun, bordom, stealing, etc), only for revenge (hence my name and protection, etc).

Oct 5, 2002, 04:47 PM
How does a Devil/Tech PK? All mine does is raise my tech lvl.

HUmar-Aramil
Oct 5, 2002, 04:53 PM
If you have had the item and saved the game w/ it, then you should have no worries at all. If/when you get PKed, simply turn the power off on the DC. If you decide to save the game before turning it off, then the game will remember that you lost it. If you turn it off with out saving, then the VMU won't remember anything about u losin it and you get 2 keep ur item.

Dec 1, 2002, 05:40 AM
can u give me the enable code and PK code(s) cuz every single code i put in from a website duzn't work!