PDA

View Full Version : Article: NPC Glitches?

gideon
Apr 1, 2001, 10:49 AM
Zydel writes, "I was playing offline 'From the Depths' to get my 1st Soul Eater (In hard mode)..... "Now, when Ash joined me, I used my summon spell and wiped out all the enemies, now because i had full inventory and no Dimates or anything I used a Teleport imeddiately after they died. After teleporting I got all my stuff situated and went back into the portal, after doing this i fought off a bunch of Claws, after a delayed 5 seconds or so from teleporting Ash appeared, but the strange thing was.... his HP bar wasn't under mine, and Ash was just standing there blocking attacks every time he got hit. Now after defeating the claws, the mini-movie played, and Ash remained frozen, so I ran around he didn't follow, his HP bar still not showing... I died later on and teleported back, and Ash's Frozen Body was not even there anymore, I continued the quest not worrying about Ash anymore, I completed the Quest, a mysterious Invisible man telling me all of Ash's Lines, and I finished the quest & got my soul eater.

Now, I have no idea what or how this happened, it had to have been a gift from god (After Ash dying on me atleast 3 times i tried), perhaps someone can figure out how to activate this glitch for such quests as Fighting the Worm w/Momo, this quest, or any others that people have problems with because of stupid NPC AIs.

Apr 4, 2001, 09:33 AM
lol the only glitch for the momo quest is how to kill him It happened once dont know how but it sure wasnt the pk trick cause it would keep hapening I had to quit and try it again course momo didnt die cause of me again

Ruevyn
Aug 19, 2001, 05:55 AM
Yes, you can kill NPC. Use the PB boost trick, I did that once and it kill another NPC with zonde ... I didn't expect such negative effect and so I had to re-play the quest :þ

Jan 5, 2002, 02:44 PM
one time i was playin and my games froze and suddenly my character turned in to your "ASH" and totally overrided my file. delating my stuff. This happened to one other player too that i know.

Mar 23, 2002, 09:29 AM
That means u got nolled m8 its happened to me more times than I'd care 2 remember.The only thing u can do to prvent this from happening again is when u see ure name change takeout the memory card with the nolled char on it and then select exit without saving.

Nov 19, 2002, 04:34 AM
In "Soul of Steel" There's a glitch where Elenor and Doc kill you.

After Doc sets up the diversion and the guard takes the bait, proceed normally through the level, until the self destruct sequence is started by WORKS.

Immediately afterwards, head on back to where Doc Montague set up the Computer to make a diversion. A Guard will say something, and Elenor and Montague will open fire on you until you use a Telepipe and get out of there. (Only BEFORE the WORKS Blockade entrance.) Montague has a Chaos Bringer Rifle and WILL kill you in 2 hits.

Creepy, no?

- Jaimas

It's that kind of mentality that leads to getting eaten.