PDA

View Full Version : Article: New PSO Ver.2 Screens

gideon
Apr 4, 2001, 06:19 PM
God writes, "After a long vacation from anything news worthy, sonicteam is back with some new screens and all the official details on PSO ver.2. The catcher is, it's in japanese. Yankefan was the first to write in and tell us about them. You can view the original page <A href=http://www.sonicteam.com/pso/intro3.html>here</a>, and the translated (elingo) page here. (http://www.elingo.com/scripts/xlatepage.cgi?wb_url=http://www.sonicteam.com/pso/intro3.html&wb_lp=jaen-ATL)"

Fargo
Apr 4, 2001, 06:48 PM
Ohh goody!
Now there's an AK47 nobody outside Japan will be able to use! I can barely supress my Joy!
*ahem* sarcasm over. It just seems to me and a whole lot of others that v.2 just isn't going to come out for the English/Spanish/French/German speaking PSO'ers...
Talk about a "well done, You're Japanese! Not only do you get to play the game two months before everybody else but you also get the funky add ons we aren't going to release anywhere else!"
"Hello. We are Sega. Our marketing strategy only seems to work three feet away from Sega Corp..."
oops... sarcasm seems to have a mind of it's own...

opalexian
Apr 4, 2001, 07:41 PM
Ummm, they ARE paying for the service to stay up and running, so we can play it too...
If it DOES come over here, I'll be happier than Dark Falz blowing out blue balls... ^_^

TimothyKB
Apr 4, 2001, 07:54 PM
What is everybody's problem?!?!?!?!?!?!?
Just because Sega didn't send a personal e-mail to the always famous YOU, that means its not coming out in the US, wow, what a theory.
I mean, plz, for a while PSO was THE top selling game in the US, why would they not release PSO ver. 2 in the US? You seem to think that Sega dislikes us, well, the only reason I see that they would dislike us, is because of ppl like you, who seemed to think that Sega thinks @!#$ about us!
TimothyKB
Xenos
Miranda:1:1

Fargo
Apr 4, 2001, 08:55 PM
easy tiger, I'm not braying for Sega's blood. I'm entirely aware of the problems Sega are facing right now, what with the decision to turn full attention to software, the loss of quite a few jobs (not to mention yet more scandalous isolation room treatment of Japanese employees who refuse to made voluntarily redundant...)...
I just wish they'd realise how worth their time and effort it would be to release v.2 everywhere - I doubt very much whether anyone who has played PSO would not buy v.2 if it came out - and more than likely at full price - that's £40 here in the UK.
The language system is there, there can't be that much to translate since it's an add on - the names of a few new enemies, a few descriptions of weapons... otherwise it's allready there - v.2 isn't a new game - merely the same code with added extras.
It remains to be seen whether or not it gets released stateside, however, I believe the EU PSO players who use PAL systems will be left out - and that would be a mistake. The EU accounts for at least a third of Sega's market - and these are definate sales.
All in all, I think Sega have created an absolute monster with PSO and are struglling to tame it - but releasing special parts to only a select few as it were is not the best strategy, perhaps...

Apr 4, 2001, 09:48 PM
Shut up Idiot, someone delete this comment, or move it down.
You do know sega OF JAPANE is making this game dont you? Why dont you go get 5million dollars, donate it to them, and see if they might bring it here same day, but wait, your not going to, so shut up.

Apr 4, 2001, 09:49 PM

Lord_Ariakas
Apr 5, 2001, 02:33 AM
I won't be buying PSO V.2 if it is released in north america. It isn't going to be worth paying the full price again to give PSO the ability to hold my attention for another week or two. But it'd be a different story if PSO owners will be given a discount on V.2..then i might buy it. I'm pretty much done with console games until Shenmue 2 and Crazy Taxi 2 are released. Now back to Black and White....

Apr 5, 2001, 03:32 AM
well im pretty sure that if sega releases pso in japan they will release it here. 4 a couple of reasons. first the new disk should or is supposed to have anti-cheating measures which mean that if they release it only in japan how r they going to stop us americans and europeans. they might let u play with pso v.1 ppl only if u use that disk and seperate the pso ver. 2.0 server from the priginal but then we r back to where sega started a game u can play only with ppl in ur country but since this game iiiiis just x-tra code there is a possibility and import might work just as well if u can figure out the new controls but who knows. alsosega is software only now more or less so by not sending all the games they make 2 all the countries they lower there money-making potential and will go bankrupt. then again this is sega and weeeell lets hope shall we. now an unrelated question wasnt black and white supposed to come out 4 dc i know i saw it somewhere was it cancelled or not out yet i swear odcm had an article on b&w well till i get i better computer ill hope it does come out 4 dc it seems like a great game well im off to play some tony hawk pro skater 2 and pso.

Apr 5, 2001, 10:09 AM
Nice. I hope this assuages the doubts of the people who didn't belive the earlier screenshots... I'm somewhat disappointed about the "it will/it won't" regarding it's release in my beloved UK and this comment also applies to you people in the good ol' US of A too... Anyway, hey, who am I to argue with SEGA? Shit happens. I hope the Japanese enjoy the game as much as we would if it were to be released here (or there in the US case)... There is, after all another world outside of PSO that SOME (NOT all) gamers have forgotten about. A world with sun, fresh air, and heck, even real people. When you've eventually ventured outside and, after a few arguments about dollars/pounds and meseta, seen the real world for what it is, you'll thank me. I enjoy gaming as much as the next man but hey, it is, after all, ONLY a game.
Take care people,
Sh@de.

Xaken
Apr 5, 2001, 10:18 AM
I'm not going to believe either way if version 2 is coming to the US or not until it happens. But if (when) it does, I'm going to be beating the doors of the game stores to get it.
I will buy it if for no other reason than the the ability to quickly change weapons and remap your attack keys at the press of a button. When I use a ranger I liek switching from mechguns to shotgun to rifle as needed, and if that's something I can shortcut I'll be in rapid fire heaven.
I can only hope though that, assuming one took the time to earn level 200, that you at least find rare items with some greater frequency.

Apr 13, 2001, 08:32 PM
You dont know how to spell u dumb idiot. And the game for Dreamcast will come out here no matter what. If it dosnet i am going to be so mad at Sega. I am allready bored out of my mind with the first one. I am almost 100 and have all the weapons that u can probably name

Apr 16, 2001, 01:56 PM
wow man - you got ass fucked on that one

Fargo
Apr 18, 2001, 09:15 PM
Yes, yes, in reply to all who flamed me without just cause or reason, I'd just like to say you missed my point entirely.
It may have escaped your attention, but one of the most important factors in the making of PSO was that it was to be a multinational release - Sonic Team wanted the whole world to be able to play at the same time... however this was not to be.
Okay, teething troubles - it was a difficult enterprise to take up and it proved harder to put to task than ST thought.
However, one would assume that lessons learned, ver.2 would be all go and happy smiles from development team and fans - it seems not. With It's release slipping ever further back - even in Japan - it seems even less likely Sonic Team's vision of a world all playing PSO together at the same time just isn't to be.
Now Sega has said the U.S release of ver.2 had been delayed till october, whereas Retail sources state July... hmm, the hype machine has been cranked up. But I'd just like to point out that I am from the UK - we were among the last to see PSO released here, and so far there has been no hint whatsoever of a PAL release of ver.2 for the european players.
I am not some Sega hating game facist - why would I even be here if I was? - I am just a realistic gamer who calls a spade a spade - and at the moment, which is very inadvisable for a company in their position - Sega are playing silly buggers.
Fair play to them. It's certainly got everyone's attention.