PDA

View Full Version : Article: More V2.0 news

gideon
May 2, 2001, 02:17 PM
Cube writes, "Its been Confrimed that V2.0 will NOT be coming to Europe at ANY TIME. Sega has decided to hold down the release of V2.0 in Europe because PSO2 is coming out In a few months... And its also been confirmed that Sega plans on giving a US release for PSO v2.0 at or around E3 this May. You can also expect a playable demo of some sort. Possibly even a PSO2 anouncment on top of that..."

Expect PSOW-Staff to bring you full coverage of the Sega E3 presence ;)

May 2, 2001, 05:11 PM
Why that? I can?t believe it! What am I supposed to do now? I LOVE THIS GAME - but since I live in Germany I am also a part of Europe. I wan?t V2.0! I?ve played now about 210 hours with my character and I am on Level 93... I don?t wan?t to stop at 100! I want 200 and new mags and soccer and NEW ITEMS - I WANT PSO V2.0!!!!!!!!! Help me please!!!! Is it possible to play the american version with an adaptor CD? HELP ME PLEASE!
PSO Character: DeVOiR THC

bURNT
May 2, 2001, 07:34 PM
It looks doubtful. You'll be able to play the American version (or the Japanese version, with the default language changed, I would guess) with a convertor, but you probably won't be able to play as the character you created in the Euro version. According to an interview at
http://dreamcast.ign.com/news/30103.html
"PSO characters created in the Japanese version of the game will not be compatible with the US version of Phantasy Star Online."
--Jason Kuo, Localization Producer (America) Phantasy Star Online
Granted, this is comparing the American version (before release) to the Japanese version, but given the scope of the changes between those two versions compared to the more radical changes from Euro v1 to American/Japanese v2... I'm sorry!

May 2, 2001, 09:02 PM
yes, it sucks big time, i can imagine how id feel if i were in that situation, but im pretty sure you will be able to play the american or japan version, but like the guy said above me, probly not the same character.

N21
May 3, 2001, 02:41 AM
Awright. It became sort of obvious us unlucky European players wouldn't get Ver2.0 just as much as online functions from several games were removed. So. Yes, you can, and I strongly suggest you import. I'll be doing that. Yes, you need an adaptor CD, or a boot CD (there's one available almost everywhere on the internet, for instance www.dcemulation.com) - it's just a swap CD trick. Now, about using character from Euro PSO v1.0 onto US PSO v2.0 ? I still think there will be a possibility of doing so. I have a strong feeling about this. Even if importing is against SEGA's (and any publisher's) marketing strategy, Sonic Team might even think about us poor European fellows, they might think we'll import.
Hard times. Sega suck when they come to stop thinking about Dreamcast owners.

Phat-Daddy
May 3, 2001, 04:45 AM
I have to say that I'm not TOO concerned that we're missing out on the append disk of we get PSO2 on time. It is supposedly going to be out for Christmas so we actually don't have that long to wait. There should still be plenty of people playing PSO online to play with until then, and then the fun will REALLY start.
Of course if PSO2 gets delayed until 2002 I will be mightily pissed off!!!

Sisqua
May 3, 2001, 08:36 AM
I don't think that you will be able to use v1 EU players with v2 US version of PSO for the same reason that you can't use v1 EU players with v1 US version. It's got nothing to do with the fact that they aren't compatible - it's because SEGA have locked up the serial no.s and access codes so that you can only use an EU access code with the EU game and same with US.
I have both US and EU versions of PSO and you can start the game without any problem even when you swap characters between the two. Only when you get to the ship select screen it kicks you out because of your access code.
S.

May 3, 2001, 10:29 AM
I really don't get it. Even if PSO2 will be released at Christmas in Europe (or more likely it will be delayed) people will buy PSO ver 2. No translation needed and its certain to make a profit. Why not cash in?

May 3, 2001, 01:30 PM
forget the damn v2! you'll certainly have the true sequel! forget v2! if u dont want to forget it buy a us version, at least u'll be able to play it offline!

May 3, 2001, 01:30 PM
forget the damn v2! you'll certainly have the true sequel! forget v2! if u dont want to forget it buy a us version, at least u'll be able to play it offline!
Europe rules!

May 3, 2001, 11:14 PM
Not being released in Europe!?!? But Sega! I...thought...you loved me...

May 4, 2001, 12:42 AM
Well gee, good onya SoE.. but this is old news. What bugs me is that Australia hasn't even got PSO at all yet.. it just keeps getting pushed back, and they never give us a solid date, or reason why. So if you thought missing out on ver 2.0 was bad, just think of us Aussies down here. We get jack.. we haven't even got Chu Chu yet.

I got the US PSO anyway. Yes you can play US games on your PAL DC with a boot disc, CDX disc, DCX disc... swap trick, modchip.. whatever.

-Defend-

Phat-Daddy
May 4, 2001, 01:42 AM
Because what we're talking about here is an APPEND DISK. The only new stuff on it will be a battle mode and being able to level up further. We'll be able to do that in the sequel so why pay 40 quid for not much, when we can pay 40 quid later this year and get a whole host of new features in the sequel?
I bet after a week or so of ver2 being released in the US there will be a flurry of people saying
"Hey, what was the big deal, 50 bucks for this???"
We'll see.

Phat-Daddy
May 4, 2001, 01:44 AM
The only thing SEGA loves is money. I only wish our love for them was mutual!

outspaced
May 4, 2001, 11:07 AM
:( sympathy mate.

Serendipity
May 7, 2001, 05:11 AM
Ok Cube............
With all the current changes happening as of late to our US servers/ships how can we possibly believe that we will have to wait for a domestic release date until E3?

May 7, 2001, 07:01 PM
Yea right shure... you'll miss it