PDA

View Full Version : Article: SonicTeam make cheaters fear.

gideon
May 10, 2001, 04:25 PM
God writes, "That's right SonicTeam (http://www.sonicteam.com/) have issued a direct warning to all cheaters in the PSO Community. While the text translation comes out a bit rough, the message gets conveyed quite well. A thank you to <A href=http://dc.ign.com/>Ant</a> for letting us know about it.
You can find the translated page here (http://216.32.175.99:10080/xlatepage?wb_lp=jaen-ATL&wb_proto=4.0&wb_co=wingo&wb_rc=http%3A%2F%2F216%2E32%2E175%2E99%3A10080%2Fx latepage&wb_tc=http%3A%2F%2F216%2E32%2E175%2E99%3A10080%2Fx latepage&wb_url=http%3A%2F%2Fpso%2Edricas%2Ene%2Ejp%2Fnew%2 Ehtml) and the original page here (http://pso.dricas.ne.jp/pso_dricas.html)"

May 10, 2001, 04:54 PM
That was hilarious!! I like how it says cereal No.... (like breakfast cereal) instead of serial No. Also, why does it say (fantshestaronrein)... if you pronounce it, it sounds like a japanese speaker trying to say Phantasy Star Online... what the heck is that?? Thats has to be racist or something...

Ikari
May 10, 2001, 04:54 PM
It roughly breaks down to say starting at 8am on May 10th (JPN time I assume), anyone who does any PK/CK/GS tricks/hacks will have their serial numbers banned from the server on the spot.
Go Sonicteam!

watashiwa
May 10, 2001, 05:26 PM
Actually, what the page says is... "You use techniques in the lobby, we're banning your ass. You've been warned."

webrunner
May 10, 2001, 08:10 PM
it looks to be a auto translator, so it's not racist. The symbols for 'fantashestaronrein' must have been on the page.

May 10, 2001, 08:37 PM
i've got a question, if you have used gs in the past, and you stop it, but you have some...erm...'special items'...would i be banned even if i stop using GS?

plz e-mail me [email protected]
Thanks

Coran_Horn
May 10, 2001, 08:57 PM
I think it depends what you call "special." They've already banned any weapon with above 60% on any photon, any Armor with 85(I think) evade, and a few others as well.

May 10, 2001, 09:26 PM
Where is the average Joe supposed to get this supposed "official" information? I tried going to sega.com and got advertisements up the ass. I tried the Phantasy Star site that I eventually found there, one HUGE advertisement for the game. I tried sonicteam.com and it hasn't been updated since September of last year. Where are the official announcements of any sort posted?

Ikari
May 10, 2001, 10:12 PM
Here (http://pso.dricas.ne.jp/)
Oddly, this is the correct PSO website. Also the place you get routed to when you connect to the PSO website via PSO.

May 10, 2001, 11:34 PM

May 11, 2001, 02:51 AM
I have a question. I have played PSO for about 300 hours with 3 different characters. I have done alot of trading. Lets say i got traded a dupe, does that mean that i'll get booted forever. I beat you I ain't the only one in this situation.

KoMoDo
May 11, 2001, 07:32 AM
By what I gather, the +99;s are the remodeled items they speak of(according to many other message boards)
There goes my silence claw, ah well, I could get another.

May 11, 2001, 10:03 AM
Ahhh, so the average Ryu (or whatever passes for a common Japanese name) gets updated but Joe is basically f*cked.

May 11, 2001, 11:17 AM
yep. and this sucks too cause the cheating really isn't that bad

May 11, 2001, 12:12 PM
I know that SOnic Team is getting tough with the people that are hurting the game for others but i'm just wondering if they are also going to banned people for doing things that dont really hurt anyone except that person. Things like walking thru walls and using any weapon in their arsenal.

May 11, 2001, 12:12 PM
I don't know if that's the case. But I must have had something bad. Because when I logged on last night I got a message telling me one of my items were currupt and then it saved. When I got back on I had nothing but what you start out with at level 1, and I had about 8 double sabers I found amongst other rares (C-bringer, Stag, good vise with dark %.) It was quite the blow.
I can appreciate the efforts to get rid of hacks etc... but it would be nice if they could rid the item instead of bank and everything. I don't even think I had 300 meseta when I came back on.

May 11, 2001, 01:43 PM
The same thing happened to me. I tell you I was mighty p***ed off. I lost everything. Boo hoo

May 11, 2001, 03:39 PM
Yep. You can thank Sega of America for not giving 2 sh*ts about us. ^_^

May 11, 2001, 03:43 PM
Call me ahab, but when I join a newbie game to see a level 5 with a Pian Mag, a DB's Saber and the ability to cast a resta with over 300hp, I think cheating is pretty bad.

May 12, 2001, 01:26 AM
Excellent and profound reply.

watashiwa
May 12, 2001, 01:36 AM
Well, sometimes.. Seeing a level 5 player with a Pian and the ability to cast Resta with over 300 HP heal is legit. The player could have created a new character on a second VMU, passed the Pian down along with a Resta disk and learned the technique. How exactly is that cheating? It's built into the game very legal.

May 12, 2001, 01:44 AM
Especially if it is a force cause they rule!!

outspaced
May 12, 2001, 06:18 AM
Tried to swap stuff between 2 of my characters yesterday but i was unable to log back on for a while. When i did get back into the game it was with a charcter that was uninvolved in the item transfer. The same happened to a friend. I'm not sure if this is releated or coincedence. We got around it by having the other person take the items into a new game, thus making the possibility of duping nil.
I'm all for it, but it was a hassle. Never mind eh?

May 13, 2001, 03:09 AM
i forgot to sign in o well... anyways why does sega seem to take cheating to the extreme the are lik a parent spanking you everytime you turn around we aren't doing anything wrong. people have been dooing cheat codes and cheating forever and a day but now that we are on line well lets be an ass about it why don't you sega. why can't sega let us have fun by duping and whatever else people come up with. hell why don't you take away our downloadable vmu files whil your at it. sega fails because they forget to think sometimes instead of investing 70 million dollars in a game that flopped like no other. they could use it to redeem theirselves but no they have the inability to think sometimes or all the times more like it. sega it's been great but now you turned into the kid nobody wants to hang with cuz their a pain in the ass

May 14, 2001, 12:40 PM
Well, I'll attempt to address what few points I was able to guess at from your illiterate ramblings. How fun would it be if you couldn't go online at all because those that cheat successfully crashed all the servers? The only reason that Sega "failed" was all the brainwashed idiots who bought and continue to buy (or burn) Sony's excrement.

May 14, 2001, 01:37 PM
A tip for you, if don't press start when sega tell you to when that
massage coming up, just turn off your dreamcast without saving, you
might only lose the items not equip and thats better then losing the
f**king lot. 4 Real

May 14, 2001, 06:35 PM
Ok, so they're getting rid of GS users...big deal! I'd rather have someone doing spells in the lobby or walking through walls than have everyone in the game using duplicated items. And you have to admit that if you trade, you have a duped stuff. I think it's pretty pathetic to see a lvl 15 character with a lvl 200 robochao and a spread needle. I wish people weren't so stupid as to not realize that most of that stuff is duped...am I the only one who realizes this?

May 15, 2001, 10:26 PM
I see that sonic team only issued a warning. To clarify what i am saying, is that today while playing someone (don't know who) started to drop spread needles+99 in my game, there where 3 or 4 of them that i saw. KNow tell me this, how did they get in the game if sega is supposed to be blocking them out. I guessed it's only duped item and magik in the lobby.

May 16, 2001, 01:02 PM
That sort of thing is why I just flat-out don't do trading. I'll give meseta to people who need it, but the only thing I do with items is either don't pick 'em up so that my teammates can get them, or sell them. I don't accept donations, just use what I can find. Where's the fun in being a low-level character with a huge friggin' gun or sword? You don't have a challenge any more! :)

May 31, 2001, 03:33 PM
I doubt Sonicteam will ban people with duped weapon from trading because almost everyone has a duped item.