PDA

View Full Version : Article: Petition against Gameshark codes for PSO

Mistkerl_Zwo
May 18, 2001, 10:01 PM
DooMStalK writes, "I've created a petition (http://www.petitiononline.com/psocodes/petition.html) directed towards the Game Software Code Creators Club, the makers of several Gameshark codes for PSO. Vote if you think the PSO codes should be taken down."

Barubary
May 18, 2001, 10:26 PM
I'm Barubary with the GSCCC.
Let me fight this one off.
1. Duping was already common by the time it became possible with our codes. You can still do it now without an xploder, and it's pretty easy.
2. The most devastating code for PSO has actually been the seemingly benign God/Equip code. It had (until I emailed Sega last week) the ability to mass mail and crash blocks, which is how Oberon and Ariel disappeared. It has the ability to FSOD people more easily than the usual "player Grants while someone's in a pipe" thing. And don't get me started about spells in the lobby.
3. Removing the codes doesn't do anything. The hackers already have the codes, and there are many web sites with exact copies of all of our codes.
I hope you understand that we're about cheating, not letting others attack you. I can FSOD directly and password override, but I haven't released those codes or used it against anyone (I have gone into rooms but never PK'd anyone).
-- Barubary

May 18, 2001, 11:10 PM
1)It's still cheating.
2)Wan't to put your characters on level 99 on Final Fantasy 7? go right ahead. The problem is, that doesn't affect other people playing the game.
3)That stuff kinda ruined the game for me.

May 18, 2001, 11:46 PM
He said it, it's cheating, it's what they do. Get over it. Taking the codes down now does nothing. Petitioning them to not make codes for v2, that's an idea, but for this version it's useless. If you look on the page, the have a statement to Sega that they can contact them if they want to make it to where people cannot use GSs, I assume they have heard nothing from Sega.

May 19, 2001, 03:55 AM
I have absolutely no problem with dupers! Let them go! I got FSOD'd and a duper gave me loadsa stuff that I didnt have before! infact........... DUPERS RULE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! IM GONNA GET A GAMESHARK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!NO, MAYBE NOT, MAYBE I WILL, MAYBE I WONT, MAYBWE I WILLLLLLL . AND DONT TRY TO STOP ME!

Ukyou
May 19, 2001, 08:28 AM
Sure duping can be done without a cheat device, but it's still easier with one and at least 90% of duping is probably through one.
All the crashing from the 'god/equip' code and magic in lobbies ya brought up... those ARE your fault, you know... hard to deny otherwise...
Yes, removing them doesn't help much, but it would still help. Many people use these codes just because they're lazy. If that's the case, some of those people would also be too lazy to look on another site for the codes.

May 19, 2001, 09:10 AM
Hey I have to agree with this dude that posted first! Taking codes down now does nothing! I will give out the codes if that is the case and no petition will ever make me even consider removing them from my own web space. The same goes for version 2. Who really care. Everyone I see complianing about dupers are just jealous players who since they cant or havnt found a certain weapon and complain that joe shmoe has one and he's only level 20 or whatever. Get over it already...
Next. There is no trade system or anything even remotly close to it in PSO. Money is meaningless, and so are rare weapons! I mean come on what's so special about having Sbeats wether everyone has one or it's just you? Wow you can kill Dark Falz for the 1000th time? Big deal. The game has no substance and is a simple hack and slash game. See it makes no difference who has what in PSO or how many people have it because it affects NO ONE!
The only way that duping affects your game is when you accept a weapon like that when it's offered to you by a level 10 character! Other than that you have nothing to complian about and if any of you here were over the age of 15 you'd understand what I'm talking about! PSO is a game, simple as that and I believe EVERY player has the right to play it as they see fit, whether they cheat or not so long as they dont PK. None of you should try to stop them and neither should Sega. Instead everyone should be focused on having a good time and not worry about what people they aren't even playing with are doing.

May 19, 2001, 09:57 AM
I just have one thing to say. Everybody playing pso has gone mad

May 19, 2001, 11:28 AM
You can stick your petition up your ass. PSO is loads of fun whether one uses cheat codes or not. If you dont like playing with someone who uses these codes, then don't play with them!
I go online almost every night (usually with the same people) and always have a good time. So quit your bitching and just play the fucking game.
Crazypeter (Stinky Olga lvl 100 HUnewearl)

May 19, 2001, 12:19 PM
It still amazes me how some people define 'fun'.
With these codes, PSO has turned into a rehash of Diablo 1. So, bring the codes down. This'll set an example for all the cheaters who choose to use their 'tools' on online games. We won't stand for this anymore.

Coran_Horn
May 19, 2001, 12:58 PM
Who really cares? We're all jealous of the cheaters? Bah! Sure, whatever you say. I have a few reasons for not liking them. First is how superior they think they are. Every time of run into someone who tried to give me something that was obviously hacked, since they claimed they owned tons, and I refused because I didn't want it, I've been called retarded and dumb. I played a game with a FOnewm once who seemed normal enough. Of course, that was before he ran out of TP and started hitting stuff with his bare hand, causing over 4,000 damage a hit, claiming that he wasn't cheating, babbling on and on about how he was god and that me and mt friend were Jealous of his "power." I'm not jealous of their "strength", which is really just a few letters and numbers in their GS/Exploder/Code breaker, or whatever it is they used, that they found from someone else. It's these people who have to run around bragging to others about their ability to punch numbers into their cheating device that are going to be quitting the game first. Also I have found a decent number of rares myself, and I'm happy with what I've found, because I know it was the effort I put in that got me the weapon.

And why are rare weapons worthless? Because there are so many that have been duped and hacked so that anyone that wants one can find one. All they have to do is enter a full lobby and ask if anyone has one, because someone will be willing to give one away. If just one person had an S-beats, that person would be like a celebrity in the PSO community. Everyone would know his/her name, and would want to see this amazing weapon. I remember when I was a newbie, and the first time I saw a Double Saber I thought "Wow, I want one!" Now that finding a rare requires only that you ask around for a few minutes, instead of having to actually put forth some sort of effort, the possesion of a rare is either shrugged off by others, or gets you branded as a cheater. Notice that I called PSO a community. That's right; PSO is more than just a "simple hack and slash game." It's an online community of real living people who want to have fun.
And the number of people who have a weapon affects people in other ways too. Look at weapons like Heaven Punisher and Spread Needle. If there had been no dupping (GS or otherwise) then these rare finds would probably get a more welcome reaction. That isn't the case today. Whenever people enter games and use either of these weapons, most people who don't have one ask the user to use something else, because the person using it kills everything too fast. Many people are polite about asking, but some flame the owner of the weapon. While many of the people who own them legitimatly (and there aren't many) will usually agree and put the weapon away, the people who have created them or have a dupped one often will make some outrageous claim like "I don't have any other weapons." Even though not all cheaters are this low, I've ran into enough who are that I've come to expect it. The reason no one likes them is that everyone who decides they want one can get their hands on one with really good photons. I've ran into this so many times I come to expect it in any open game I join. One example was in the Endless Nightmare 4 quest. After one of our team members got disconnected, the remaining person I was with whipped out his Heaven Punisher even though the Shot type weapon(I'm guessing some sort of Arms gun) he had was working just fine and I could still do something other than try to get to the enemies before he fragged them. My HUmar could never get close enough to attack anything because the Punisher killed them before I could get a hit in. While this isn't so bad since I'm almost level 100 anyway and I usually don't have to play open games, it really sucks when someone in a normal game full of low level characters busts out their Spread Needle which they can only use because of their hacked/duped rare mag and kills everything in a few hits. I can't use my low level characters online because there is always someone who will admit to using a cheating device that will take all the exp.
Coming to your last point, I'm 15 and I don't see how you can justify using hacked Spread Needles and Heaven Punishers with 0/60/60/60 percentages online. The "it's just a game" excuse used by just about every hacker isn't completely true. Offline, yes it is your game, and you can do whatever you want. But once you're online, you're on Sega's turf. They own the servers, they make the rules. So go ahead and cheat all you want offline, but do not bring any of what you create into the community. It is ruining the game, and I can tell. Very few of the people I used to have fun with online haven't been on for since early April. I wouldn't be surprised if many of them were struck down by the bannings Sega has tried to use to get rid of cheating because they had obtained a hacked weapon somewhere and didn't know it was hacked. That or they got tired of all the cheating.
And PKing was a direct result of the cheating you're supporting. People who had cheated and got bored with all their weapons decided they'd have fun and go kill other defenseless players. If you don't think it's true, ask a PKer why they do it. Everyone will answer that they were bored because they had everything, and wanted something to do. I ran into one last night, he died from the resta too so it wasn't any threat but someone else who entered the game was scared away because of it.
The same mindset that spawned PKers also created the friendly people how run around and FSOD people, who have nothing better to do than play a game they got bored of (since there was nothing left to do) so that they can get a kick out of seeing another character suffer because of what they've done. The thing that most people who FSOD others don't realize is that they are taking something away from another living, breathing, thinking human being with feelings just like them.
All online cheating in this game has just one result: The suffering of another human being. Whether they're just annoyed that they can't get any experience because of the newbie and his/her hacked Spread Needle, or they've lost all the time they put into their character because someone decided it would make the game fun again to delete someone else's character.
If you want to cheat, do it offline, and no one will bug you about it. But please, don't bring that sort of thing online. Thinking that you're not hurting anyone and trying to cover your behavior with excuses is just being ignorant to the fact that this is a community, and cheating for yourself is cheating against the rest of the community.

May 19, 2001, 01:32 PM
im not against the gameshark codes for pso i dont care about that i just hope on psov2 gameshark and all other codes are banned becouse it will be bad and when you go to battel get your ass whooped cuz they maxed already thats fucked up.

May 19, 2001, 04:08 PM
I thinks it's funny how the responses from the cheaters themselves are always super defensive and usually full of swearing. What lengths they go to to defend being jerks is both funny and sad. let me try to put this cheating thing into persepctive and explain that because this is an online (read: community) game and no matter what spin you put on it (like well I didn't PK anyone so who cares!) it still effects everyone involved. Let's say you and some friends are about to play some 4 on four basketball. No one is really a great player but you work well together and have a lot of fun. Now let's say Oh i don't know Shaq or Michael Jordan decide to force there way into the game, it sucks for the competition but it also sucks for your team cause after about 20 minutes of never seeing the ball and any resemblence of teamwork is thrown out the window, how much fun are you having now? Thanks to the cheat codes their is no enjoyment to be had from teamwork or satisfaction from rising up to meet a tough challenge legit. I't would be nice if Ver 2 puts an end to all this, but chances are some one will always find a way to cheat and ruin others games. So I make this plea to those adamant about cheating/duping/whatever:
when online just make a password team so that no one will bother you for duping or whatever, and your online freinds (if you've made any) can join up with you and no one gets hurt. Stop popping in on open games whipping out some insanely powerfull weapon, kill everything and ruin whatever fun this 'team' was having. For you PKers out there you know you're a$$holes so any plea I make will have no effect, but who knows maybe you'll see the light and stop getting off and making every one else's gaming lives miserable.
Thanks for your time,
signed: Expecting a lot of 'low-brow' you legit motha fuckas suck! screw you! type of responses, so in advance Fuck you too :)

May 19, 2001, 05:56 PM
GS has been around for quite some time, maybe even before you were born... You think your petty petition is going to stop, man's natural instinct of curiosity. Your foolish not to understand that without the dark there is no light. In other world, Codemaster codes are a two-sided coin, one allows for cheating, but the most over looked side is the fact that many loopholes are found, thus allowing for patches. To each their own. Mind your business...!

May 19, 2001, 06:11 PM
When a game like this comes out it goes beyond the realms of an ordinary RPG. It is a "little" world all to itself, and because of that it reflects the world we live in. No, we can't all go out in the real world and find a double saber lying around. That is not what I am talking about. In the real world sometimes people cheat, and are just going to do what they want regardless of others. These are some of the same people who are playing this game. And even thought it would be nice to start a petition in the real world to keep people from being selfish,it dosen't mean it will work. In short, you can't control people in this game that much more than you could in life. We can try but there will always be others who just are to self centerd to care about the community. It is a shame.

May 19, 2001, 06:30 PM
I have to agree with Coran_Horn. Cheat-To deceive or defraud. To delude;trick. To practice fraud or act dishonestly. I think a few of you dupers and cheating gameshark scum who have no talent what-so-ever should take a look at that definition. Your no gamer. Your just little hacker wanna-bes that think they can take shortcuts. Where are you getting at??? Just what are you getting out of popping in a code and having a new item?

May 19, 2001, 07:05 PM
Hey I dont mind you sharing your opinion about what you think about dupping and the such. But if you dont like it then play by yourself or with people you know who dont dupe!! And about the LAZY comment thats not true, Ive raise a couple of characters the hard way.

May 19, 2001, 07:12 PM
Yeah, I get tired of these fools that think they are superior because they can bust the code. And it is amasing how DEFENSIVE they are when you SEEM to them like there is anything wrong with their behavior. They'll always blame others for not giving them the right to be lamers. I doubt Gameshark will listen to any petition as they support the very thing every legit player is complaining about. I feel very lucky as I have never really encountered half of this nonsense ever including being PK'd.
And when those of you who actually do get caught and get banned, well, go ahead and scream and yell at SEGA like little babies for it. You have already proven your level of maturity, no need to hide it.
Skeearmon

mtdaught
May 19, 2001, 09:46 PM
I lost all my rares thanks to god/equip :(

May 20, 2001, 01:54 AM
simple solution to prevent v2 from goin' down since v1 was already ruined by gs...petition that gsccc from ever releasing v.2 codes EVER before its released.This way nobody will ever know the codes and v2 will never be cheated in and will always be fun..START THE PETITION ASAP!!!

May 20, 2001, 01:55 AM
It seems to me that everyone is saying "cheaters always have everything and it cheapens our experience." Haven't you ever heard that cheaters never prosper? Sega will eventually figure out a way to catch cheaters, and they will get banned. So if you don't want to get banned, don't cheat. And don't accept any items from people. And don't play in open games, or you might get PK'd. Basically, play it offline if you're that concerned about cheaters. Because no matter what you say, they'll still be there until Sega figures out how to get rid of them. Signed,
"A guy who got his inventory wiped by Sega and got helped by a cheater when all the (honest) characters were too busy whining."
P.S. If the Heavens Punisher bothers you so much, would you use one if you had one?

May 20, 2001, 06:18 AM
#1 find somone who will fight with u. somone that is always on when u are.
#2 only use that character when they are playing with you.
#3 dont trade or make any weps. only buy or find your stuff.
#4 use god equip so u can still have fun with all the things u find.
#5 have fun and the game at lev 45 is easy for F1-M2 but ruins will be there much later.
#6 If you dont cheat at all then others cheating does not effect you. How many people cheat in lobbies. "Only wall walkers"
From Dot

May 20, 2001, 02:31 PM
I'd have to argee on several points here. Honestly I LOVE to cheat, but I restrict what I do to things that affect me only & I keep it OFFLINE. The infinite TP code is a great relief for when I'm playing offline & want to grants everything in sight. But the codes never follow me online & I don't hang with players who do. Part of the fun of PSO is helping each other & codes don't belong in such an environment. Keeping the codes off the site won't stop malicious gamers who are just out to spoil our fun. Dealing with this small but annoying contingent that insist on disrupting the flow of the game is the real problem & no petition is going to fix that.

May 20, 2001, 07:06 PM
That is pretty funny, all the responses from people who were even remotely pro-GameShark were completely profanity free. Then you came along and bash them for something you yourself do. The reason I use cheats? To recover from a bugged game.

May 20, 2001, 10:30 PM
look at the petition and you'll understand.

May 21, 2001, 03:16 AM
good lord shut up cheating is dumb and dont be such a jew

May 21, 2001, 08:21 AM
Attually the Spread neddle dose bother me and i have been given several just to go to falz, drop them , beat her with my Crush bullet and walk away leaveing them behind :P

Lord Thorn
Ramar lvl 61
Redria

May 21, 2001, 08:23 AM
Now I am against cheating on PSO in any form. Of course, if my freinds dupe a little it won't bother me, but I won't dupe anything for myself. The only cheat I will use is walk through doors (by doing combos) if there is a 4 switch door and we only have 3 people, and even then, it's usually just to show off. First of all people doing magic in lobbies is something I've never seen (and hopefully won"t), but I have seen people do foie on pioneer 2 and make telepipes in town. It really scares the hell outta me when they do that because I have been hit by a PK'er once and since then I have been paranoid. It's completely ruined the game for me. Now knowing that there was a time when people could overide passwords using God/Equip has really made me paranoid. I mean, the only time where I will play in a non -pw game anymore is when I'm using a low level character where his weapons value is very little. This has totally screwed me up now.

igaboo242
May 21, 2001, 01:19 PM
My biggest complaint is that of the people behind the monitors. Using GS on PSO and most games, DEFINITELY opens the awareness to "enhanced gaming". Whether it be cheating/having fun in ones eye, the simple fact remains: IT EXISTS, and despite who, what, when, where or how cheating and game enhanicing came to be, the Game Shark alongside any other method contributes to the idea that its ok to tamper with the game in the first place.
Saying that ,it IS to be expected that some people will have their different ways to have fun with altering the game a little.
Truth also is, us little people who dont use GS or ANY game enhancer according to OUR standards of fun, have a hard time actually having fun because there are so many jerks that like to torment everyone and show they have more ego-building power that everyone else.
I can tell you this. Your GS may have not been "intended" to harm others, but you cant tell me that the GS wont allow you to do it(or any rule breaking action in general). If it CAN, then it WILL, and if the GS codes are around, then it WILL contribute to the loss of fun for a heck of alot of people. I sure dont pay money for frustration, when I should be having a good time!
Hehe. Let you fight this one off, eh? Ive got a better idea for you. Why dont you stop trying to cover your tracks with useless information, so you can stop wasting your energy trying to prove an inevitable and obvious point? Instead try to come up with ideas to help those who cant help themselves! How about a code that helps protect files from getting destroyed by others, or create a webpage people can access accounts on, so they can upload and save their progress online to have in case they get their files erased, weapons stolen etc. etc.. These may not be the best ideas, but they are only to give you an idea that those who are online to enjoy themselves, deserve to have it without others to make that decision for them.
The reality of the hacking stuff, (sad but true) is that it isnt just about cheating anymore.

Coran_Horn
May 21, 2001, 05:23 PM
If everyone has gone mad, then I'll believe in myself and stay legit.

Barubary
May 21, 2001, 05:32 PM
I already have a code to block all forms of PK. However, I'm not going to release it - it makes the problem worse. It's hard for people to learn how to prevent themselves from dying when they PK others.
-- Barubary

Coran_Horn
May 21, 2001, 05:33 PM
Cheating does effect others. Ever been say, level 5, and had someone who was lower than you come in with a rare mag and a hacked spread? Well? I didn't think so. It completly sucks. That's cheating and it effects me because suddenly I can't hit anything anymore, so I get no experience. And don't give the the whole "they're legit because I passed them from my other character" crap. There are hardly any real rare mags in existence.

Coran_Horn
May 21, 2001, 05:35 PM
Really? What ever happened to Infinite HP?

May 21, 2001, 09:26 PM
man, i guess i suck ive been playing this game for about 285 hours, the best wep ive found was a double saver. so why do i bring that up, well i think that dooping is what has made me enjoy the game. i dont doop myself but i know people who do. theres nothing more exciting than recieving a wep that you normally wouldn't find, like lavis canon, or spread needle. i think in order for peolple to stop cheating these weps need to be found easier. i know thats why they call them rare but the chances of finding a spread needle when your from redria is less than 5%. i thnik dooping is also cool for a player, it builds its persona, "the blacksmith" this is role playing after all isn't it? pk just plain sux it destroys people confidence and make people afraid of playing. these codes should be banned and should be picked up by the server. i know its probably impossible to get rid of these code, but i guess its part of the persona "the bounty hunter" pkays because some one has stolen from another player. there should be a box where you put an item for trade and this will eliminate stealing. i guess thers lots of things that can stop cheating, but it makes the game interesting. im sorry i dont side against cheating, but it is only a game.
peace out
anti petition player

May 21, 2001, 11:50 PM
Bravo! I couldn't agree with you more. It is only a game. Try not to take everything soooo seriously people. Lighten up, and enjoy what you claim to love so much. Because in the end, it's not about who's cheating or not, it's about having fun. And I know the feeling about not finding rares. The best I found in over 100 hours of play was Delsabers right arm. Which isn't that good for a ranger, needless to say. So I now have better items from dupers. Do I use them constantly? No. Because I do like to challenge myself. But there are times you just want to sit back, play a solo game, and obliterate anything that moves. And that is what I call fun. Take it easy, and remember to back up your data (as useful a cheat for this game I've seen!)
Another anti petition player

rika13
May 22, 2001, 07:19 PM
i agree, with this; the codes that allow overriding passwords, pk, etc. should never have been posted
the STANDARD item codes and the ability to save to another memory card (something sega should of had to begin with, you can't use some save tricks to get infinite items in a one player game) are useful to reconstruct a character that was lost due to power outage during saving and to get items that are so rare it isn't worth trying to get them (something sega should address in pso v2, make the special weapons appear about 5% of the time that weapons appear; you can get them, but they are still rare)

May 23, 2001, 02:06 AM
You know what people need to stop there bitching about GS user on PSO if sega wanted to stop them they could just ban the users with modified coding the fact is people take cheaters to seriosly i mean if you want to moan bitch and whine about cheaters take it to sega. Another thing i notice is that no one complains about people who use the little trick to charge PB.BUt You whine and bitch about some who kills for personal gain.

May 23, 2001, 02:59 PM
Hi P.S.O Gamers, Now what your all forgeting, there are
three types of players.
Type1. P.S.O hackers.
Gamers who use hacked codes, People kill/god equip ect.
These people hurt the game and should be banned for life.
Type2. P.S.O Makers.
Gamers who make items by cheating. (a little bit)
These people get the best of both worlds, no more
searching forever for that rare item, its easier to make one.
Type3. P.S.O Norms.
Gamers who have never cheated in their P.S.O life.
These people work hard and play fair, what can I say..
So what type are you? well if you didn't make it so
frustrating to find rare items, sorry sega. I'm a Maker.
4 real, bye.

May 25, 2001, 12:20 PM
hmmm...
I personally feel that the codes are not at fault, it's some a-hole users that abuse them. Let me relate to you this experience:
I have played for over 120 hours and have a lvl 74 humar, with almost everything I could want, doublesaber, various big swords, (dragon slayer, last survivor ect), 4 slot armor, and some god units, life was sweet. then my dc crashes just as I tp down to fight Falz in VH mode, lost my non eqquiped items I think to myself....but NO. Corrupt save file, cant be used....ARGHHH!!! all that time wasted! I almost destroyed my DC in disgust vowing never to play again. then a friend lent me a GS, whitin hours my char was back to lvl 70, and I had recovered almost all my items. I't now a pleasure to play PSO online, not fearing BSOD, thiefs, or other maladies, since no matter what happens the GS will have me up and running again in no time. Why ban the codes? they are a big help, just as long as you dont use them for evil like PKing and hacking items. I personally have made some items but always subpar with 0% photons, and grinded inly to their natural maximum, (no +99 crap, +9/+15 tops) I say leave the gs codes alone, and just enjoy the friggin' game.
Laterz.... Big Ark

May 25, 2001, 09:44 PM
Gameshark SUCKS. Every other company like gameshark SUCKS. Cheating SUCKS. And cheaters are simply FEEBLE & LAZY. Wrecks the game.....soon all are forced to cheat in order to compete. Then do you have a better game? NO. You have a totally different game. I DO NOT want a different game. I hate what PSO has become as a result of gameshark. All this PKing going on...everyone afraid to play...Sega should figure out a way to SUE THE SHIT OUTTA GAMESHARK!!!!

May 26, 2001, 02:12 AM
You bet. That's exactly what made this country great. The idea that if someone else has a different idea than you, they must be wrong, and you should sue them. Then again, if you don't want a different game, then play offline, or with people you know. Oh, wait. That's too difficult since "everyone" is afraid to play. That explains why there's no real shortage of games when I'm online. Then again, no one would want to play with someone who is as "feeble and lazy" as I am, which I must be since I use the occasional duplicated item. Damn me for wanting a decent weapon without having to play for 200+ hours for the random possibility of finding one. Then again, I guess I bought the game, same as you did. I suppose that kind of gives me the right to play MY game like I want to play it. Go figure. I guess when it's MY game, what I want doesn't matter so long as your little world is safe and secure. But, at least I remember that mine is a game, and don't take everything that happens so seriously. So if some jerk PK's me, or takes my weapon when I die, I have a way of making a new one. Too bad for you that you're too close minded to think about that. Anyway, I've said my piece, even though I know you won't even read it before you discard it as wrong. But I figure it's worth a try for the people that are on the fence about this. Remember, it's your game. Play on.
Another Anti Petition Player

May 29, 2001, 09:14 PM
man , listen, sue gamesharrk for what? helping players out. i here the frustration, and i understand that pking sux, but whats the point, why loose sleep, ITS A GAME, key word GAME, all of this talk makes me want a game shark and use it. its like rap music, if you make a big deal about it people will want to see what the stink is about, hey i wann see what the stink is about tanx for all the aatentio9n youve brought to game shark. do you know that theres talk about charging a fee to play on the pso server? sega wants their money and people have lost character due to bsod and they have done nothing bout it. why mention that, well if sage kept their shit together not gone out of business then i probably would be on th petitions side, but any company who jerks their loyal players gets no respect nor props. im not here to down anyones opinion but think about it. a person that you love would not treat you as a dollar bill and if they do well return the favor . point sega cares nothing about us and why should we want to care about them. ill keep on playing pso and psover2 but if someone doopes or someone pkays well, I know its part of the game if bsod is part of the game and thats a sega mechanic well we are the players and dooping and pking and what evr else is a gamer mechanic. thank you for your time.

Jun 2, 2001, 01:26 AM
man i hope u read this.i take plenty of time to read ure ideas and agree with u fully-ive been pked like a son of a bitch(8 times),and i swear to god thats the truth.i try to watch out for ppl with frivolous or obviously sinning names (like Angel or Flatliner,u know wut i mean-and lol,btw,they r real characters ive seen..be aware of them),and get out fast as i can.i literally cried over some of the kills...in the beggining,but now its very commonplace.heh,and of course sega wouldnt and cant help me,just the same runaround bullshit they give u all the time-over the phone,over the net,over ure life-and i do not handle lightly to this horsepie of a problem...and hell,i could email em till armeggedon (hope that spelling's correct)and boy howdy they cant help me-well wut a goddamn surprise! o YA-i paid $55 dollars for this freakin game,and if i cant play it the way its supposed to be played-F THAT! thats false advertising if i cant do something they claimed-im blamin sega and gameshark for their pitiful reactions to this uproar of controversy! if we cant do anything or they cant help us,thats another lawsuit (its already smellin like money in here)! i dont have sega as my isp,cause u hafta have a credit card,and excuuuuuuuuuuse me if my credit aint the best and i cant get 1. and wut the hell is with these japs sayin that we've been spoiled by free isps?! i pay my damn isp bill every month,so eat hairy cunt! and SO WUT if u hafta pay 10 bucks there for three months-thats squat to pay,and i have no idea y theyre bitchin about it! gameshark is ripping this game at its seams,and theyre's not much fabris left to tear. pking,bsod,fsod-theyre all complete EXCUSES for pizza faces who sit and marvel at their dirt cheap worth because they can kill sum1-well good for them,in fact,whoop de doo! they have NO power over me! ive noticed pkers-they usually dont talk alot,and wait till ure in battle to slaughter u without thought,as if even mechanical,and then grave rob u.ooooooooooo,wut a rush! well,u just broke the law! u really think pking is even legal?! ha! i cant play my game much cuz im so scared-and hows that fair,justified,or even legal?! 1 even sed she could disconnect me! well,wut should i do? email u know who and get a dry or no responce? or should i let them break the law,LIKE THYRE LITERALLY DOING.its like buyin a car,havin it stolen,not gettin it back,and not havin insurance on it...in fact,thats EXACTLY wut it is-stealing and defamation.heck,u might even know the thief,but u cant find em..if i ever did,theyd be killed by the big chat curses hiting them square in the head then me shootin theyre window out. i just dont see y its so insistent on killing ppl that it becomes a misdemeanor instead of a felony-if ver2 comes out,and they havent fixed bugs,added at least ten new stages,not just areas,and made me and u happy,then there's NO FAIR WAY it can be priced the same! thats wut this GAME is about,correct?happiness?

Jun 2, 2001, 08:22 PM
I would like to have all GS users permanantly banned. I lost my lavis cannon, my orotiagito, my holy ray, my photon claw, my pan arms, and my s-beats, all to PKers. I'm totally legit, and it took a very very long time to find those items. I've been threatend by CKers telling me to give them items or they'll delete me(that's how i lost my photon claw). I swear that if any of my friends use GS, i'll smash their PSO disc AND their gameshark. I wouldn't do this if PSO wouldn't have turned into a game filled with hackers. Nearly every game i go to has atleast 1 PKer, and a tired of that. Please, abolish Gameshark. That's all I ask.

Nowan
Jun 3, 2001, 01:09 PM
Just a few minutes ago, I was online when a mysterious player logged in and asked for a pipe. Casting Ryuker, I didn't expect what would happen next. He pops in and casts Resta.. and kills everyone. Snagging my Delsabers' Buster and my friend's Oratiagito, he then takes the pipe and vanishes. How did he do it? With a GAMESHARK code that makes Resta hurt instead of heal! I am totally for the petition, because of this incident.

rbf2000
Jun 5, 2001, 07:05 PM
All I have to say is, how many lavis cannons have actually been found? How many heaven punishers? I bet i could count it on one hand. Although i whole-heartidly agree that cheating is wrong - whats the point of the game if you're going to cheat - GSers do bring in a lot of good items that would just about never be found in the game. I'll admit, it does cheapen the thrill of having a super rare weapon, but chances are only a few people have found a legit, the rest are dupes and made by GS.
So you just hink about where all that super rare stuff came from that you have, cause unless you found it yourself, in some way, a GS was probably invovled with it some how.
By the way, I think it was a mistake for cmgsccc.com to release codes allowing banned items to be taken out of storage - Sega banned those items for a reason.
On a similar note, it is probably too late, but I think what Sega should have done is to assign a serial number to each 9+ star weapon. If 2 weps with the same serial number are online, boot the people.

Luis007Happy
Jun 7, 2001, 02:15 PM
To all the people that use GameShark:U guys use it cause u suck!!!!You guys are all a bunch of little bitches and are scared of having people that are better than you. Its people like you that make the game so not fun to play. You guys think your so bad with your little codes! But that right there prooves your unworthy of anybody on PSO.
Lttle girls!!!!!

RYO *RPA*/CaStIlLo L.

Jun 21, 2001, 10:51 PM
A big, sarcastic "Thank You!" to the cheaters (in the millions of ways they do it) because I honestly have no real desire to even play PSO at this point. If I am not scrutinizing every item someone offers for trade and never taking them, I'm constantly on the lookout for someone to sneak up and kill me when I least expect it. Oh, and yes, a warm thanx to those that GAVE me hacked items, and have now completely messed up my game. Whooptie doo, I should just throw the disc away right now, and forget this whole fiasco. Keep your cheating to yourselves; and really, if you need to cheat on a team based game, what kind of pitiful person are you to begin with? Sega should do all they can to work with the companies that provide codes, good riddance, I say. But realize there are some of us who are completely stupid, and trusted the people we thought we knew. GRRRRRR

Jun 21, 2001, 10:54 PM
how kind to compare cheaters to GIRLS-yuck. bad bad!

Jul 4, 2001, 05:56 PM
Well the hackers and Gamesharks users are just part of the problem to me. It's true that they've managed to ruin the game for everyone. And I'm not sure if the damage can be repaired. NO ONE SHOULD ATTEMPT TO WALK IN OPEN GAMES AGAIN! (But now I hear that they can override password games as well, so really no one is safe.) I managed to get in the 1st block of Oberon a while back just to visit the ship. I've never been able to get there before due to overcrowded space, so I was pretty excited. I couldn't believe the level of ignorance in all the dialog of that lobby. There were perverts, racists, Gameshark users' and immature idiots! If only Sega would do something and put a stop to these bastards before PSO gets a bad name. My advice to anyone still willing to play is--BE CAREFULL! Find a group of friends that you KNOW you can trust, and only play with them. Always look for a ship and block with the least amount of players to avoid a potential problem.

Jul 8, 2001, 01:37 PM
I would like to say, that you are that kind of people that make us look bad. We go and try to use clean words, and fighting againest gameshark, and here you are being totally lame, and cussing up a storm, and calling people names. This is not what we need to help us.

Aug 14, 2001, 03:05 PM
it makes things a LOT easier and as long as it aint hurting other pso players (or launching missiles at london ) its fine by me.

Aug 14, 2001, 03:10 PM
i totally agree its made everything loooads easier my message; DONT STEAL FROM MEEE

Nov 5, 2001, 02:18 PM
I think you should keep the gameshark codes cause like, it is to hard to get to level 100 so with the codes you can get to 100 in one battle which is good in some ways. And the item modifier code is good cause it is hard to get really good weapons like the double brand but with the code you get it right off the bat.

Nov 20, 2001, 04:30 AM
i've had this game since the first day it came out,I played for about 8 weeks then stopped playing. Then 5 months later I buy a GS and look up a couple of codes and start playing agian. I was surprised at what the game had become. People were killing eachother and not monsters. I can pk, I don't bust into a game and kill everyone for weapons. I don't pk too often, if someone messes my friends over then i'll pk them. Thats the only reason I pk. All my friends wanted me to pk for that reason and even though there is no true justice in that it makes my friends happy.

Nov 22, 2001, 09:09 PM
Ok. So what? i have never played online. if you don't like cheating, ignore it. or challenge them in battle mode and beat the snot out of 'em. so...
have a nice tall glass of shut the heck up!!

Jan 18, 2002, 07:26 PM
I got noled by some jerk and lost my lv 52 character and ALOT of items thats the only reason i dupe my items so i have a back up just in case
to sum this up there will always be extreme cheaters be prepared!
and to the jerk that noled me... why dont you do the world a favor go and shot your self

Mar 11, 2002, 09:56 PM
lol,petition against gameshark codes for pso? What kind of morons are you guys? The only time i use my gameshark is when someone pk's or nols or whatever to me. The only reason i even have a gameshark is because i downloaded it for free. It wouldnt matter crap if gsccc took the codes off their site,heck,i didnt even know they had them on there. I got mine from some angelfire page. So basically,all you guys are doing is wasting away your keyboard,fingers,and the planet dreamcast server. I know I am too but thats because i have no life. Cheating makes me mad sometimes but since i never lose anything when someone pk's me i never lose anything,i dont really care. And whats with this crap about "ckers" i ve never seen one before in pso. And when you get nolled,you just pull the vmu out.Anyways,im gonna quit ranting about and go play PSO

Apr 13, 2002, 03:32 AM
Bah, I'd just like to take the time to say, I use a gameshark on pso, with a lot of codes, but not to ruin the game for other players. To make my own game better.
Have you ever found a kind of neat weapon ex. Caduceus, and not been able to use it because of class limitations? I use god equip so I can use all weapons in the game.
I've never FSOD'd anyone but myself, and I don't use any other silly little codes like the npc overwrite, aka NOL.
I agree, however that most gameshark users are 12 year old punk kids, but there are some of us that use the codes out of being bored. After you play the same 4 levels over and over, on both ver.1 and ver.2, the game gets very old. Codes bring a little life back, not a lot, but enough to keep the game going.
None of your basic codes can do any damage to anybody but the code user themselves. Corrupting files is one bad habit a lot of codes seem to have.
Nonetheless, I'm not wasting 9 vmu's just to have every character type in the game so I can use 1 or 2 weapons that look kinda neat.
The color chat code is kind of fun for making team names and changing your mailing name into a colored one.
I could go on and on how the gameshark codes from cmgsccc.com have made the game better, and safer, I might add.
If it wasn't for all the anti NOL codes I've found at that site, I wouln't be able to keep any of my characters for very long.
It's not the cheaters fault that your game isn't very fun. PSO is boring after 2 months anyways. Might as well have some fun with it.
Peace,
Judas

Apr 13, 2002, 03:59 AM
God, you people have to be the most girly bunch of gamers I've ever seen. I'm what you might call an old school pso player, I've been on since the beginning of pso, and I'll be there when it's shut down..
I've seen all the codes come and go, some stay, others are patched. I never used a gameshark until recently because the little codes like pk didn't bother me. The only reason I use one now is to block npc overwrite codes like NOL. Even anti vk codes. If you hate the gameshark use so bad.. either get one yourself, quit pso, or stop your fuckin whining.
Every time I see one of you over the hill gamers complain about a code, I just want to smack you. If you're too old, or too young to look over some of these codes, then give up. Move on. Fuck off.
PSO has always had cheating. Since around 2 weeks after the servers were launched, there have been cheaters. Dupers with no gamsharks, people that pk'd using items, not gameshark codes. I've looked over all of them, and kept on playing with the friends I had made, and knew I could trust. If you people didn't have any friends to play with on pso by the time the pk'ing started, then you never will have any. So piss off and find another game to whine about.
And if you're just really pissed about the pk'ers, spend $20 on a gameshark 3.3, turn on the mirror pk code, and watch the little bastards curse and shout as they repeatedly pk themselves not knowing what's going on.
And just to piss you guys off even more, the NOL code is:
101C5018
That's for all you gameshark users that are tired of hearing these people whine and complain. Use it if you want. Shut them up. I would post the vk code, but killing someone's vmu should only be done if that person has really done something bad to you.. Like lobby harrasment. Blah, not sure if that's even spelled correctly, but one typo won't kill me.
I say, ban the guys that reset lobbies and use the not so well known dreamcast kill code. Yes, it exists. If you doubt it.. hang out on Oberon for a while in an open team.
Just quit your complaining and move on so I can stop writing these 5 page posts just to tell you that you're too old for online games.
As long as interact is around, there will be a gameshark. The people at cmgsccc.com are just doing their jobs. (and a nice job at that, I might add)
If you want cheating stopped, whip out your millions of dollars and buy interact. heh. Let me know how that turns out.
Peace,
Judas

Apr 13, 2002, 04:18 AM
First of all, us gameshark users may ruin the game for you and any others you play with. That's not our fault. I've had to put up with gameshark codes for a long time now. It never ruined my game. Not once.
We may suck, but at least we can spell the word "you". It's little 12 year old pricks like you that give pso a bad name with your "ur mom's" and "fukk U's". I can't stand being in a lobby for more than 5 minutes now because all I see when I log on are kids saying witty little phrases like "r u a real girl" with no "?" I might add.
If anybody ruined pso, it's not the gameshark users, it's the people on the game that DON'T have a gameshark and have nothing better to do than call guys that use female characters "fags". Have sega watch a lobby in oberon for 10 minutes. They'll take the server down. You punk kids ruined the game for even the gameshark users.
For every post you can make on how gameshark ruined pso, I can make 10 on how YOU are the fall of pso's greatness. Thanks to you kids, I've seen maybe 2 HUnewearls in the past 6 months because no guy wants to use them now. How fun is that, not gettin to use a specific class of character which has the best defense and evasion in the game just because some kid assumes you're either a girl, or gay?
You try sitting in a lobby, and after 10000 requests for cyber sex, you'll start wishing you had a gameshark just so you could shut them up. If anybody can think of any reasons why gameshark ruined pso (besides the obvious NOL and vk codes), feel free to reply.
No code compares to the annoying little kids in the lobby asking if you will "sukk they dikks" or some witty little childish phrase.
Fuck taking down code sites, slap an M rating on pso, and make stores check identification just to make sure they're old enough to even get on the internet.
Nobody under 17 should even be on pso. But sega and tipper gore are to blame for that one. Either way, I'm sure you kids will continue to complain, and I'm sure i'll get plenty of posts saying "dude, ur a fag" and other things that makes it even more obvious that kids are not only stupid and can't spell, but they don't belong on the internet.
Once again, Peace,
Judas

Apr 13, 2002, 04:40 AM
And again, I have to post because of some "gamer's" opinion.
If you can't deal with cheating, quit. Nobody is going to shut down any type of gameshark/xploder activity. Nobody can. Nobody wants to except maybe a handfull of kids out there that are tired of having to find Delsaber's Buster's. Face the facts, none of you have ever really found anything worth much on pso. Everything you want to hold on to, like your Lavis Cannon, and spread needle, they're all made by a gameshark. NONE are found. Ever. If you play with gameshark made items ex. +99 or 60%, then you're part of the problem too. Stop blaming it on the people that supply you with all your pso items. Anything you have over 9 stars isn't found by anyone about 90% of the time. And you can tell they're all lying like little bstards because if you ask someone where they got their Heaven Punisher, Lavis, or Spread Needle, they always say "vhard, ruins". After over a year of playing pso, with over 20 characters to hit lv 100, I've NEVER found any of those weapons in vhard ruins. The only exception is a Sting Tip that I found on my last character, but that only has 10 stars, not 12.
Without gameshark users, you people would have nothing to use except your little sabers because all of you are too lazy to spend the hundreds of hours required to find anything better.
I've earned my right to use gameshark codes after playing pso for over a year. The game loses all interest after about 2 months. It needs an extra something to keep it alive. Certain gameshark codes give it a boost, like God Equip, Infinite Mag Feeding, and Infinite Tp (for forces, of course). If you have the infinite items code, you can keep playing for hours without having to make those lenghty trips to the town to sell/buy items constantly, especially if you're using a robot type (HUcast, RAcast, RAcaseal).
Don't blame code users, or even code makers. If you want to point fingers, attack the tree huggers that bash the people that keep the game going. All the people that whine and call Sega "assholes" for not patching servers.
With PSO ver.1, you're lucky the game is still up. Sega is running the server with their own money, and all you kids can do is complain. Get over it. As long as there are online games, thre will be cheating. No matter who runs the server. Look at battlenet, one of the best gaming servers out there and cheating still exists there. It isn't as common as on pso, but it's still there.
Until next time I have to post like this,
Peace,
Judas

HUmar-Aramil
Oct 3, 2002, 08:45 PM
Um, yeah, i haven't been on here very much. Just thought that some ppl would like to kno something: just cuz som1 PK's u don't mean u lost ur wep. Here's wat u do:

Step 1: Get off the couch.

Step 2: Walk over to ur DC/GC.

Step 3: Press the POWER button.

It that easy. It only works if u saved the game w/ the weapon BEFORE the incident, though...