PDA

View Full Version : Article: GameCube PSO Splitscreen & Additional Features

watashiwa
May 20, 2001, 11:48 PM
Iniaes writes, "The GIA managed to talk with Yuji Naka about the GameCube version of PSO. He drops some hints about "additional features" on the GC version. Also of note: each window in splitscreen play "uses as much processing power as the single-player Dreamcast version" & the fact that characters are still tied to the hardware... meaning you couldn't take your character to a friends house & play splitscreen. The full article is here:
http://www.thegia.com/news/0105/n18j.html"

May 21, 2001, 06:41 AM
Nooo! No character transferring?! No memory card?!
Sigh, ah well... theres still the online mode...

May 21, 2001, 08:12 AM
I think that's kinda Stupit... if it's going to be split screen but you cant take your character with you then why play split-scren at all?

Lord Thorn
Ramar Lvl 61
Redria

May 21, 2001, 03:30 PM
Well I don't know about anyone else but if all players have to bring their NGC's over to play split-screen, it defeats the purpose of the online element. And if split-screen is used online, it's not as good as the report makes it seem. It's just a cluttered screen. it makes sense offline, but online I'd rather see the whole picture on my char.
I guess that's why the NGC's have the handles... to move them around to each house. I'll stick to DC PSO v.2 thank-you-very-much.

AlphaJikkle
May 21, 2001, 10:59 PM
No you don't have to bring all your NGC's over to play split-screen you just need four controllers but if you can't use your own character than it's actually pretty stupid to have four player mode. I hope sega figures out someway to where everyone can use their own character than it would be pretty cool. I mean you could trade with your friends and communicating would be really easy because there all with you playing. The split-screen is only for offline it's not for online.

May 22, 2001, 07:14 AM
Dreamcast PSO characters ARE NOT limited to being used on only one console in offline play.
I have used my character on three DCs in offline mode.
The only machine it is tied to is the one you play online with.
I assume the 4 player split screen mode on GameCube is offline only so it should work with characters used online on other machines.
I hope that makes sense.

mtdaught
May 22, 2001, 11:39 AM
I think split-screen is a cool idea i hope its on DC to.

May 24, 2001, 10:37 AM
Here's a simple solution to making the game a good game offline. Create an actual story with a solid plot and run the game like a real Phantasy Star game! Complete with NPC's and such! PSO is a terrible offline game. Sega should take the time to do it right instead of giving us all these half assed features that obviuosly are frustrating us rather than fixing the problem!
The way I was hoping to see them do a multiplayer offline mode was in the style of Gauntlent. Although it would restrict how far anyone could wander at least it wouldnt be split screen. Split Sceen is awful for almost any game, not to mention when it's 4 way!
Another way to offer good multiplayer player offlines experiences would have been to allow a LAN connection between DC's or Cubes.

Jun 18, 2001, 06:27 PM
yea it does and i'v done it too. but, the one thing we are all over looking is are they gonna chnge the char creation mode like how you are assigned section id's and the like i hope psov2(for NGC and DC) is the same in that respect as psov1 except the hidden costume thing.
p.s. i hope that they keep the origanal 3 character classes and the origanal 9 characters if anyone knows the answer post or e-mail me at [email protected] thx!