PDA

View Full Version : Article: PSOv2 First Gameplay Info

watashiwa
Jun 5, 2001, 09:37 AM
faceless writes, "The Mamak website has some firsthand gameplay information from PSOv2. Apparently people who ordered from d-direct have been receiving the game already. Click "Read more" to read the changes."

Update!: On a side note, Castelak has taken some screen shots of v2 players online! View them here (http://server30.hypermart.net/striders/ver2ppl.html)!Changes from v1

- New password and serial is required before starting the game, the PSOv1 file will then be converted to v2 format. Extra securities include checking your inventory for hack items and illegal weapons. Dupe items are unfortunately not affected.

- Max stats is now goes beyond 999

- Scenic changes, Pioneer 2 has landed on Ragol

- Dressing room only allows characters to alter their hairstyles and costume

- Max grind for certain if not all +9 weapons can now be further grinded

- Difficulty increased to hit the enemy. Perhaps this is related to the lvl your character is at...

- Known Max stats for HUnewearl (Luck: 100, Evade: 162)

- Common Rares such as Db saber & varistas no longer need tekking, and they are sold in shops

- Damage inflicted on monsters drastically reduced. It takes about 13 or more hits in order to kill an ordinary rappy (each hit damage about 230)

- PB blast damage reduced

- Monsters move just as fast as a Delsaber in Vhard, perhaps even faster.

- New rares. eg. Ancient Saber (XP steal) & Red handgun (lightning sp atk). Raises ATP from 1052 to 1952 or 1792 respectively.

- Weapon % no longer is the key in dealing heavy damage for certain areas and enemies, it's having high level techniques.

- XP gains in Ultimate forest average about 260 to 300

- Ice dragon boss freezes anyone instantly on contact, also has a new spinning attack that shoots out icicles. Players without state/maintenance will probably die quite easily, but even for those with state/maintenance, they can still die with 1 to 4 hits because of the damage the boss dishes out.

- New monsters that shoots out megid, instant death upon contact with the megid globe.

- Spread needle damage results (Normal hit: 70, Hard hit: 140, Normal Crit: 140, Hard Crit: 202)

Battle mode changes from trial

- Forces technique damage reduced, TP usage increased

- Androids can detect and lay traps

Check in more later for further updates!

Information obtained from http://www.mamak-int.com/ (http://www.mamak-int.com/).

watashiwa
Jun 5, 2001, 09:43 AM
Curse the bastards who got their game already. Mine won't arrive in my hands until Friday. ::sniff::

Jun 5, 2001, 10:15 AM
this game sounds really cool! Why aren't they bringin' it out in Britan!?! Yay Spread needle Returns! Is Chao mag back too? I will never know! I have lost faith in sega once more......

Jun 5, 2001, 10:26 AM
What if you have hacked items and don't know it? What will happen? Will your Character be erased, corrupted, or booted?

Jun 5, 2001, 10:49 AM
What happens if you have hacked items?

godfree
Jun 5, 2001, 11:38 AM
I cant wait for Sunday Live show.. This game is going to be big.. errrr they are sooo lucky!!!

Jun 5, 2001, 11:57 AM
Erm, the info for the EVA is wrong, that has been updated on the Mamak webpage and corrected to ATA instead.

revolution
Jun 5, 2001, 03:08 PM
Dam u Sega. I want the game really bad now. I really wished I lived in the US.

Jun 5, 2001, 07:29 PM
Sega permenantly removes your account from PSO, kills your character, and puts a lock on your DC so you cant ever play it again.

Tigaj
Jun 5, 2001, 07:34 PM
did u read the thing? i think the person who said u get deleted was jus tryin to scare u. it said u will get chance to see if u have any hacked items, so that way u can delete them and not get in any trouble. thats what it means to me, anyways
Tigaj (the Slayer of Slayers lol)

mtdaught
Jun 5, 2001, 11:14 PM
Do you know if the Broadband Adapter works on V2?

Jun 6, 2001, 07:23 PM
your a fool

Jun 23, 2001, 09:23 PM
PSO VER.2 WON'T LET me convert my lvl 100 characters from version1. I'm assuming that its because my version 1 is a U.S. and my version 2 is an import.
So I created a new character in Version2. The only problem is that the game looks exactly the same What's up with that. No updated monsters or time of day changes.