PDA

View Full Version : WTF is a beat?

MPax4059
Apr 27, 2003, 11:31 AM
Plese explain in MUCH detail what the beat has to do with the game. Much thanks in advance http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Squall8VIII
Apr 27, 2003, 11:40 AM
Beat time is the time system used in the game. It was an attempt by Sonic Team to create a single time system that the whole world could use, regardless of location. I have also heard that some rare weapons' effect change depending on what beat time it is. (not sure about that though)

UnitG3D
Apr 27, 2003, 11:40 AM
Basically, a Beat is a unit of online time for Phantasy star online. It was created with the concept of players meeting online at a given time. Since we all live in different area codes Sega tried to make it easier than saying "Meet me at 5pm EST or 3pm MST." you'd just say something like "Meet me at 740 beats in the lobby." The beat calculator will tell you what time equals what beat. Hope that was detailed enough. Have fun out there.

Droxitr
Apr 27, 2003, 11:52 AM
I've heard that some weapons are affected by what they can do by the beat and that the map configuration is based on what beat it is when you "create" (first go to it) the level.

Dunno personally tho... I'm too lazy to check my beats...

Foggy_Pete
Apr 27, 2003, 03:56 PM
ill just throw in some things that were left out, a beat is equal to about 1 min and 30 sec and there are 1000 beats in a day. the only weapon i know of that relies on beats to maximize its performance is called Heavens Punish, a ranger only weapon that has a devestating special attack that works on beats with the hundreds section containing a even number
i.e 200, 400, 600, etc..
to check your beats hit the start button and look at the lower right corner of the menu, when the green bar reaches the end of the screen the beat time will change

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Foggy_Pete on 2003-04-27 14:00 ]</font>

LunarShadowX
Apr 27, 2003, 11:38 PM
There is 1 minute, and 26.4 seconds in a beat to be exact.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: LunarShadowX on 2003-04-27 21:38 ]</font>

silvermax
Apr 28, 2003, 12:24 AM
Heaven Punisher, oh how i want you....

can anyone tell me if the special has changed from the DC version?