PDA

View Full Version : Article: Phantasy Star Series on the GBA!

watashiwa
Jun 13, 2001, 10:35 AM
Castelak writes, "Multiple magazines have confirmation on the Phantasy Star series being ported to the GBA! Planet GameCube has an article on this which you can read by clicking here (http://www.planetgamecube.com/news.cfm?action=item&id=1671).
Credits to Pumpkin on the board."

Jun 13, 2001, 12:10 PM
Sigh........first they bastardize the Phantasy Star series by making it into a storyless repetitive online game, now they want to take the series to GBA? WHY? Damn Sega. PS was one of their biggest money makers and most popular series! Why not a Phantasy Star 5 for the Cube? I know that practically no one on PSOW will like the traditional PS type of game play and that's because PSO and PS are two totally different types of games. Why was this news even posted on a PSO website? It angers me to see anyone associate Phantasy Star with PSO!
I know I'm just an old guy who prefers old school RPGing but if any of you younger people here want a good RPG experience play Phantasy Star 1-4. They all shame PSO in ever area except for graphics since the games are older. Just go download an Emulator and the Roms and your good to go.
Please Sega port PS 1-4 to the GBA but by all mean do NOT make Phantasy Star 5 for a hand held system. Phantasy Star 5 deserves only the best treatment! Stop destroying this legenday Saga. Ok now you can all flame me for this opinion but i gaurentee if you take the time to play any of the original PS games you'll change your mind that is unless of course you dont like RPG's PSO is no RPG, it's an Action Treasure Hunt game. :)

ninvampire
Jun 13, 2001, 12:22 PM
I think you're over-reacting here. There's no mention of a PS5 being developed. I think it's safe to assume that it is intended for PS 1 - 4 to be ported to GBA.
Even if they were to make PS5 for GBA, I think it would be kind of neat. The GBA is an awesome platform and would give the hardcore PS fans more of what they want, old-school PS in handheld fashion.

Nyte
Jun 14, 2001, 05:20 PM
I think this news is great. Spread the wonder of the Phantasy Star series to other consoles so that many more people, not just, Sega Console owning public can see how good the game is. People haven't seen RPG until they've seen Phantasy Star 1, 2, and 4 (3 wasn't all that great =P)

Brauly
Jun 16, 2001, 12:02 AM
I'd just like to say one thing. I feel pity for Sega, for they have no idea what will happen in the future due to what they have done. They broke the thick line between video game companies. Sonic and Mario used to be rivals, now, they're brothers. I still can't beleive what is going on. The second I heard that Sega was making games for GBA and GCN, I was furious. Someone has to stop them, they can't do this. Sonic is supposed to be on Sega, not Nintendo. And then when I heard the PS series was coming to GBA, I was even madder. PS and Sonic were Sega only games, they ...... can't......do this. Why, why must Sega unite with Nintendo. Sega has just created a monster, bigger than Dark Falz, that will swallow both companies, and there'll be no way to stop it.

Brauly
Jun 16, 2001, 12:03 AM

kawaii_fan
Jun 21, 2001, 09:07 PM
Nyte wrote:
> I think this news is great. Spread the wonder of
> the Phantasy Star series to other consoles so
> that many more people, not just, Sega Console
> owning public can see how good the game is.
Agreed. I'd love to see the series on one or more of N64, GBA, Gamecube, and/or Microsoft X-Box, as long as the translations are faithful to the Sega-console originals.

Brauly wrote:
> Sonic and Mario used to be rivals, now, they're
> brothers.
Yes, in the good old days, the rivalry was Sega vs. Nintendo. Master System vs. NES. Genesis vs. SNES. Hedgehogs vs. Plumbers. And we could still use a three-symbol abbreviation of the name of the second member of our favourite game series.
But, unfortunately, the good old days are gone. It's well past time for these now attenuated rivals to cease their fratricidal bloodletting, and instead apply ...
> The second I heard that Sega was making games
> for GBA and GCN, I was furious. Someone has to
> stop them,
> Why, why must Sega unite with Nintendo.
the time-tested military strategy: two smaller forces form an alliance in a desperate attempt to hold at bay an invasion by a larger, common enemy.
> Sega has just created a monster, bigger than
> Dark Falz, that will swallow both companies, and
> there'll be no way to stop it.
Prophetic and uncanny.
I agree with everything that you predicted in this last sentence -- a hideous monster, its size, its (recent, current, and future) behaviour -- except that I can't see how Sega is to blame for its creation. I also agree with your sad assessment that there probably won't be any stopping this monster (;.;)

Jul 3, 2001, 08:55 AM
Whoah, where does it say that SEGA has united with Nintendo?!?! Sega is producing game for every major system out there. The PS2, the xbox, the gcube, and gba, what is the big deal.
Don't get me wrong, I used to be a ridiculous fanboy just like you. I could never have seen this happening, or dealt with it....
For gods sakes man, think about it though, Sega has the ability to make a game for ANY SYSTEM.
It's not the freaking systems that matter, it's the games for gods sakes.
Sit back, enjoy the fact that we are going to get bigger and better games from Sega.

kawaii_fan
Jul 20, 2001, 02:59 PM
Hmmm. "Anonymous." In other words, too much of a coward to even bother to get a screen name.
Either that, or you do have one, but, because you know you're wrong, you didn't use it.
I stand by my words.