PDA

View Full Version : Article: More info on server update ...

watashiwa
Jun 14, 2001, 01:36 AM
Mamak's site reports that the new PSO ver 2 server update was supposed to check for 180% weapons (ex: 0/60/60/60) and version 2 rares existing before their time, but a horrible mistake was made.
The check was too sensitive and caused many players to be blocked from joining or creating a team.
You could be blocked for any one of the following:
A handgun at +75 grind. (Which is the legal maximum.)
Any two of your stats maxed even after equipping a mag.
If you have more than 7 of any version 2 rare. (Including the Red Handgun.)
These are just examples and there are many more reasons you could have been blocked. Hopefully with the maintenance which is taking place now, all problems will be resolved. Thanks to Ukyou for the heads up.
Update: The problem has been fixed as of 3:00am PST on 6/14. OK OK, Verve. I lied. It was 1 for 1 in Battle. :P

ragnarok
Jun 14, 2001, 05:03 AM
Whew, thank you for that, but I still have to wait till July.

Jun 14, 2001, 07:28 AM
now i have alot of duped items which i traded legitimate items. i dont think its fair for sega to screw all the honest people like this. they should find a way to detect the people who have used gameshark and bother them. they shouldnt bother us for trading and not knowing in the future that the weapon would be considered illigitament.

AGENT_Onahs
Jun 14, 2001, 11:41 AM
cmon man...when you saw everybody and thier brother with s beats blades didn't you stop to wonder....i thought that was rare? use your braim people those stars are there for a reason! if you really like the game you wouldnt mind trying to find legits on your own and enjoy the game how it was meant to be enjoyed! PSO RULES!!

Verve
Jun 14, 2001, 11:47 AM
hehe.. just to let everyone know, i returned wata's serve in battle mode.. were even for now ;)

Jun 14, 2001, 02:06 PM
today i was talking to a kid from version 2 and he said duped weapons are ok as long s they do not have outrageous stats is this true

BobJones
Jun 14, 2001, 02:15 PM
My lvl 100 HUmar has all of his stats maxed w/o a mag. So is it possible tat i get blocked off? If i do tis blows. Ive been workin my ass hard on him and i finally got his stats maxed and b/c of my hard work i get banned from joining a game tats B.S.

Jun 14, 2001, 03:01 PM
1) This was for ver.2 players
2) The max stats for a ver.2 characters is greater than a ver.1 player
If you are not a ver.2 player, It doesn't concern you...yet. =]

BobJones
Jun 14, 2001, 03:45 PM
HELLZ YEA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
::DANCES::

Kasera
Jun 14, 2001, 03:50 PM
what'd i tell ya, guys. my faith in sega never dwindles. if they mess up, they're good to fix it up real good. good job sega, you get a treat.

Ukyou
Jun 14, 2001, 07:01 PM
Yep, the way the item system works in PSO, there's no way to check if an item is a dupe.

Jun 18, 2001, 04:31 PM
Uh did he mention he did not try findin it on his own, hell with all of my chars and that total is 10 covering pretty much most of the ID areas I have still only found a small fraction of decent weapons sometimes someone decides screw it tired of waiting lets see if I can get what I want through trade which is what I have done yeah I got jipped by being handed several of those 180% weapons and hell I wont miss them when I throw those away, but there are also some weapons of mine that I have gone through hell to get and now thanx to some genious move by sega all of those trades all of the askin if they have anything they don't use may as well never happened, cause so far I have yet to see one person on pso who has not traded for atleast one thing or another be it arms or stat increasing materials or the nice 4 slot armor that most people want at a high level why not just go to nail the unfair stats and not screw everyone else there are some who I have played with for months now who have finaly gotten that much wanted bravace that they can't find or the orotiagito which I don't really see that much of anymore this attempt by sega to remove the illegal weps is only gonna screw those who traded their legit weapons and armor for something they needed they may as well just said drop your current char and start over cause we don't care if you traded legit or not plain and simple.
Besides those who have traded alot and have a majority of the weapons and armor from trade will only become the new theifs wouldn't you start stealing weapons and anything that happens to be dropped in trade I know I would cause if your gonna lose some of the stuff you have gotten use to useing for me my prized Twin Brand that finaly has half decent stats not great but god it is better than the 0/-25/-40/-10 that I was usin now I have basicaly a little positive stats but least it is not negative and now due to this I gotta wonder will I still have it to use in ultimate mode or will I have to dump it and most of the other stuff I traded ah well I don't care if they dupe or anything just so long as a overgrinded weapon does not touch me I can care less guess i just gotta wait and see if yet again sega screws the players who have ben decent enough not to use gs, oh and as to the s beats those are easy to get god I am sick of findin the s beat arms and havin them turned into the blades I got almost 15 of the things on one char alone been throwing them away like trash, now the orotiagito if I saw alot of that then that is a dead give away for a dupe can't really find the 75 agito that often and even then not many people bother to get it checked.

Oh and BTW there is also the problem of those who accepted the giveaways of the higher level chars back when they first started do you think they can really remember what wep came from where if the weps that are traded for or given away end up bein dupes and they are banned my my that screws a person severely especially if they have not written out a list of what they got and when and how they got it. if this happens I can guarantee the only way a person can be sure of gettin rid of any "illegal" item is to clear out the entire inventory cause all I know of is my armor and that is all traded for cept the crap that the shops put in.

Jul 10, 2001, 05:05 PM
Well if there weren't so many losers trying to cheat Sega instead of working for their keep(the way the game was meant to be played) there wouldn't be any problems. Thank Code Master,I can't target Barubary with my hate because he's helping all the legitimate players convert,on the other hand he created a gateway for PK and CK items to be converted...I was ready to import V.2 today untill I read about Barubary releasing codes already.I think I'll wait for Bomberman Online,as much as I want to play V.2 I've already lost one console to hackers and even used I can't aford &70 every time somebody decides they don't like me~

Jul 10, 2001, 05:09 PM
ahem..$70...and if you want the name of the hacker who destroyed my console he's Drizzt{HS}..aka Arshes Nei.If you're a hacker looking to gain a reputation nuke his ass,destroy him. Destroy HS,the plague that's taking over Puck 9.