PDA

View Full Version : Article: PSOW at Sonic's 10th Anniversary in SJ

watashiwa
Jun 30, 2001, 06:26 PM
Celebrating Sonic's 10th anniversary, Nyte and I visited the Software Etc,. in San Jose where Yuji Naka was signing Sonic Adventure 2 CDs. There was also item giveaways, a cake, and a big blue Sonic blow up thing. Anyways, we have pictures of the whole thing here (http://www.project-douraku.com/psoshots/Sonic10th). Nyte and I got our PSO ver 2 import CDs signed. ^_^ My picture, ahem, sucks.I also got to hand him a list of PSO ver 2 bugs which I hope will be fixed for the American release. It was funny because they said, "You were able to play online with it?" and they asked me "How?" .. Ah, well. It was fun. ^_^

Jun 30, 2001, 06:55 PM
So, what were the bugs that you gave them?

Emeralda
Jun 30, 2001, 09:07 PM
Hey, Wata!
Can I buy that signed PSOver.2 disk off of you?

Emeralda
Jun 30, 2001, 09:08 PM
plz, plz, plz?

watashiwa
Jul 1, 2001, 01:08 AM
Sorry, but it's way too valuable for me. :(

Emeralda
Jul 1, 2001, 09:43 AM
Oh well...I understand you wanting to keep it...
I had to try, though =p

Jul 1, 2001, 12:10 PM
I gave him a list of bugs? You guys are lame, also your pics do suck. I was there and got much better pics than you guys, over 60 pics.

Thanatos
Jul 1, 2001, 12:32 PM
YOU are lame, you jealous bastard.

Thanatos
Jul 1, 2001, 12:38 PM
Are you sure that THAT Yuji Naka wasn't a statue or sumthin'? Cuz he actually look alot like the EXACT same in the 2 pictures. :)

Anyway, must be fun out there. But i aint spending like 1000 dollars for an airplane ticket just to go to San Jose for a signature :P

Jul 1, 2001, 01:39 PM
How am I lame? Also how am I jealous. If you are going to argue with me, show some intelligence.

Emeralda
Jul 1, 2001, 01:56 PM
How 'bout if you show us some of your "over 60" ultra-incredible pictures? We might even believe you then...

Emeralda
Jul 1, 2001, 01:58 PM
jeez, man.

Jul 1, 2001, 02:11 PM
How many of you got the special 10th anniversary folder? There are only 200 and i've got one ;-) Click here to see it. (http://www.sega-europe.com/english/news/000046/000046.php)

Jul 1, 2001, 02:58 PM
I never said my pictures were ultra-incredible. I just said they are better than the ones PSOW took. I've decided not to show you my pics because you will only "might even believe me" which states that even if I do show you, you'll only say I got it from somewhere else.

Jul 1, 2001, 03:04 PM
What's lame is that he comes all the way out here for a Sonic Adventure 2 event, celebrating Sonic's Birthday and the PSOW people have to come up to him and hand him a list of bugs about Phantasy Star Online v.2. I came to him to extend my thanks for making great games and gave him gifts, they came to tell him what's wrong with his game. If the event for celebrating PSO, then it would be more acceptable. The reason I'm posting is because I've heard this from friends who visit here and like to express my disappointment. I know a lot of people who think what PSOW did was lame, but I am willing to tell you guys.

Emeralda
Jul 1, 2001, 03:23 PM
although not showing me makes me think that you are a liar who just like to flame the PSOW staff...

Emeralda
Jul 1, 2001, 03:37 PM
...but keep in mind:
I doubt that he just decided to fly over to America to celebrate Sonic's 10th birthday. He was probably getting paid to be there to bring more visitors into the place. It happens all the time...

Jul 1, 2001, 03:40 PM
Watashiwa and Nyte look very sexy. ^_^

Jul 1, 2001, 03:44 PM
I really don't hate the staff, I just think what they did was lame. I really don't care if you think I am a liar. I know I was there and I was first in line, but if you don't believe me, that's fine too.

Jul 1, 2001, 05:22 PM
If you don't care... why did you even brought it up in the first place?

Nyte
Jul 2, 2001, 02:48 AM
In the words of IceBlink... ^_^;;

Jul 3, 2001, 07:45 AM
ofcourse he would want to keep it ,dur how would he play psov2 with out and besides he went all the way to get it signed himself TO GET. nURSe NaNaKO (O_o) oc clan

Jul 17, 2001, 02:11 AM
I would pay over $500 to talk to Yuji Naka even for a minute! Yuji is the best program desighner ever! He makes perfect games (almost)!
Heres (some) games he made:
Sonic Adventure
Sonic Adventure 2
Sonic the hedgehog advance
Phantasy Star
Phantasy Star 2
Phantasy Star Online
Phantasy Star Online 2
Outrun
Spy vs. Spy
Gouls N' Ghost
Super Thunder Bolt