PDA

View Full Version : Article: IGN's new PSOv2 for GameCube Footage

watashiwa
Jul 12, 2001, 10:29 PM
faceless writes, "IGNCube has updated with a new PSOv2 for Nintendo GameCube movie that shows some more 4 player action, including a splitscreen boss fight. You can check it out here (http://cube.ign.com/news/36455.html)."

Gren
Jul 13, 2001, 06:44 PM
PSO for the cube is gonna kick a$$

Jul 14, 2001, 04:04 PM
LOL...that looked awful..PSO will die with the game cube..it has to either be ported to PS2 or PC in order to live again. unless sega decides to surprise us with a new system...but nintendo is dead after that awful N64 and that awful N64 controler and those awful games that they made for it. game cube is purple and it will not live two years...just like the DC

Kupi
Jul 15, 2001, 11:20 AM
Excuse me sir/madam, but I must disagree. The graphics in those videos was at the very *least* on par with the Dreamcast. Also, to say that Nintendo is dead is grandly moronic. Don't misinterpret me, I'm not saying you're a moron, I'm saying the statement is an uninformed one. Nintendo is very much alive, and the Gamecube has a very long life ahead of it, as does the PS2 and even the XBox. The N64 wasn't a rotton system, either, just perhaps a bit too kiddy to a closed-minded gamer.
Also, in the future, try to support your arguments with something slightly better than "game cube is purple."
--Kupi, the bonsai HUmar

Mog_the_moggle
Jul 18, 2001, 01:46 AM
yes its mr. annoying again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I really have two side to this one, they are completly different. so here they are:
SIDE ONE (good side): This is a great move on sega's part. With the company losing over 500million a year due to dreamcast they can earn back a few bucks by releasing the biggest dreamcast hit with game cube! This is good for the company, very good.
SIDE TWO (bad one): This sucks. I thought that Sega would remain independant and not run into something as stupid as that! How could they betray all us fans, we worked so blimey hard, we had the honor of shoving PSO in the faces of game cube owners along with PSX2 owners saying "we have the best game in the whole fucking world" now we have to share that honor with the hideous owners of nintendo! This strikes our pride like Lavis Cannon equipped by Lvl 100 Hucast against a rag rappy on the normal mode! YES IT IS THAT BAD! *sinffle* I"M NOT *sniffle* CRYING! DON'T *sob* SAY THING LIKE THAT! *sob sob sob sob sob*!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! MOMMY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jul 18, 2001, 12:07 PM
I AGREE WITH YA DUDE...NINTENDO IS HIDIOUS AND GROSS...THAT GAME CUBE WILL DIE...IF AND ONLY IF PSO COMES TO THE PS2 WILL WE SEE A SEQUAL LIKE PSO2 OR PSO3...NINTENDO IS DEAD

Jul 18, 2001, 04:42 PM
I get so tired of you damn Sony fanboys. Sony had the advantage back then, but ps2 doesn't have the same advantages over gamecube that PS One had over N64. Back then on PS One it was cheaper to develop on CDs than cartridges and easier to program PS One's Psuedo-3D than N64's full 3D. BUT this time PS2's protocol makes it harder for developers to make games on par with DC and desperatly struggle to make something near Gamecube. Gamecube not only is more powerful, but infinitely easier to devolop on. History has NOT repeated itself in this round of the console wars.

Jul 19, 2001, 12:07 AM
Sony fanboy?..talk about someone who is on nintendo's dick...nintendo is dead...ps2 is hard to program for because of the dual DVD and CD drivers...but once programers set up a template for DVD and for CD then programing will be easier than anything...hell i could do it...the gamecube will blow...think about it...you have NON DUAL LAYERED mini discs that can't even come close to holding enough of gaming information on it than a real DVD...that was the dumbest move nintendo could have made to prevent burning...why not make it 1/8 inch bigger..then you could NEVER burn it...but nintendo made yet ANOTHER mistake...just like not making the Nintendo 64 cd based....nintendo is dead

Jul 19, 2001, 10:08 PM
Well if PS2 is so damn wonderful, why does Crazy Taxi on DC look better than Crazy Taxi on PS2? We're talking Smoother frame rate, better textures vs. Jaggies and Pop-up. Peice of Shit 2 is gonna bomb.

Jul 19, 2001, 10:11 PM
Dark Cloud/Clone was a joke. Zelda killer my arse. It recieved mediocre marks from Next Gen, EGM, and Gamepro.

Jul 19, 2001, 11:01 PM
before you go PS2 bashing..lets look at nintendos mistakes...the super nintendo...scraping an alliance with sony to many the nintendo playstation which would havemade nintendo great, the inturn make that gay assed N64 which was dead when they tried charging 60 bucks per game. and that game cube is purple...no man will buy it unless he is homosexual and also...HAVE YOU SEEN THAT CONTROLLER...i held it at E3 and it was like holding an 8-bit nintendo controller only it was as thick as a house...nintendo is dead

Gren
Jul 19, 2001, 11:25 PM
I still think PSO would look better on cube. not all games would, but PSO would.

Jul 20, 2001, 09:50 AM
this question is for gren...with all my hatred for nintendo aside...why do you think PSO would look good for the cube

Gren
Jul 20, 2001, 06:15 PM
Gamecube has Anti-Aliasing in the hardware (like DC and N64) while PS2 doesn't and the anti aliasing takes up room on the software (if they program it at all). Hence the smooth look of PSO could be translated better on Gamecube. Not to say that some PS2 games look pretty damn good. I myself am getting a PS2, but that's why I beleive it would look better on the 'cube.

Jul 20, 2001, 08:48 PM
ok cool

Jul 21, 2001, 09:52 AM
lol, like you really went to E3. You're just one of those people who "supposedly" went to E3.

Gren
Jul 21, 2001, 03:56 PM
Who said anything about going to E3?

RazmaVI
Aug 9, 2001, 02:09 PM
looks goooood

Aug 14, 2001, 09:32 AM
If you don't wanna f*cking play it on Gamecube, then don't, I'm sure ou won't notice the difference online anyway. God it's nice to see prejudice, and racism leak into the world of PSO, apparently nowhere is safe.

Nov 5, 2002, 08:00 PM
PS =2 is gay it was just made at the right time when no other decent systems were out. Game Cube is better than PS2, but xbox is the best, I know it doesn't have as many good games out, but it hasn't been around for 3 or 4 years like the PS2 was. The PS2 had a shitty launch, but everyone seems to look past that.......