PDA

View Full Version : Article: PSO version 2 release date set to 9/11

watashiwa
Jul 16, 2001, 01:11 PM
According to a new article over at Gaming-Age, Sega of America has announced the offical release date of US version of Phantasy Star Online version 2 as September 11th. The final pricing plan for online play has been negotiated as $15 for every 3 months for unlimited game play online. Click here (http://cgi.gaming-age.com/cgi-bin/news/news.pl?y=2001&m=7&nid=16-74.db) to read more.

wolvie
Jul 16, 2001, 01:35 PM
That's what sega was fighting about?
It's even worst than the import!, Well anyways I don't think that'll even think about buying the US version, I've already deleted my US characters and started JP ones ^_^

Jul 16, 2001, 02:09 PM
Videogames.com and thegia.com are also reporting the same news. It must have really come from Sega this time. In Japan it is only $8 for 3 months. But for the US version it is $15 for 3 months. I feel like I am getting ripped off. Plus we have to wait until September. When the game is already translated and ready to be produced.

ATLien
Jul 16, 2001, 02:47 PM
DAMN!! While their at it, they should go for a christmas release! O'well it looks like I'm about to hit up my local import store. Sega...you never fail to amaze me(sigh).

Jul 16, 2001, 03:05 PM
The pay to play directive split the existing PSO audience by at least half. With this pricing scheme and release schedule, Sega will probably lose even more potential customers. $5 per month to play PSOv2 is half of the $10 per month that current MMORPG games charge. Those who really want to play PSOv2 will import the game now. Others potentially interested, but not willing to import, will probably take a "wait and see" attitude and evaluate PSOv2 on GameCube.
Sega should have at least price-matched the Japanese fee structure.
Maybe I should sell my DC...it's a US machine, so I can't play the import PSOv2.

palma6
Jul 16, 2001, 03:24 PM
Paying to play is a scam plain and simple. Sega does not need the extra money to maintain their servers. Hell, after a couple of weeks the few of you still playing verision 2 will stop playing and start bitching about how you were ripped off because it's exactly the same as version 1!!! I imported and thank god I did. I know better now.
Luckily Sega is going to get a big SLAP in the face when version 2 is released. The decision to charge players twice for playing a game has already cut the PSO fan base by half or more. Then they decide to charge more than the Japanese players pay? It's just wrong to charge to pay to play. It's all a bunch of crap these companies drudge up to get the sympathy vote. Trust me I work as an IT so I know what it really takes to run servers and the like. It's just a shame that alot of the PSOW users dont see through the crap!
No one can call me cheap either. If you work 12 hours a day just to barley get by and pay for a house, two cars, on top of fees for an ISP, computer, Dreamcast, PSO, you might begin to see what the fuss is all about. I dont care if they charged 1 dollar a year to play! I woulndnt pay it and neither would alot of other players.
By agreeing to pay to play your telling every single gaming company that your willing to accept any extra charges they might add on to the original price of the game. What's next, an activation fee on top of the pay to play, or how about paying to play an offline game? Dont think it can happen? Just wait and see.

Jul 16, 2001, 03:43 PM
>>By agreeing to pay to play your telling every single gaming company that your willing to accept any extra charges they might add on to the original price of the game. <<
The above is true. However, if consumers like the content and want to pay for it, they will. Consumers, however, will pay only if they think the price is worth it. If the price is too high, the consumer will balk.
In this case, Sega has very likely priced themselves out of the market for this type game. Thus, sales of this game will plummet. This wills end a message to Sega Japan that the pay to play concept doesn't float too well in the U.S.. Charging more than the Japanese players is a good way to make U.S. consumers angry.
If you like the content and find the price is adequate, then pay. If not, don't pay. The economic landscape of this product will pan out soon enough.

Jul 16, 2001, 03:52 PM
if Sega starts seeing more English language V2 characters on their servers before the September 11th release date.

TcGoku2k1
Jul 16, 2001, 03:56 PM
My thought on it is this, Pay if you like it, if you feel its not worth it then forget it. As we all can see the internet is no longer becoming free and you will have to pay. Get used to it! Everyone has their reasons not to pay . I want it so i will pay if after 3 months i dont like it then i wont pay and thats it .
Sad but true the internet is not what it was ....

Jul 16, 2001, 05:18 PM
I'll gladly pay $15 for three months.
I would pay the same for the current version if it weeded out all the whiners, player killers and kiddies.

jazzyfox
Jul 16, 2001, 05:36 PM
The expectation of $10/month really isn't justified. What you see is a result of exchange rates. Sega isn't required to price things exactly equal everywhere. Businesses price things at what they think the market will bear, which in this case is $5/month. Face it, we're a different market than Japan. You see it as "twice as much as the import" because you've been exposed to all these importers. Others will see it as "half the cost of EverQuest".
Granted, $5/month is right at the maximum of what I would be willing to pay. But the wish for the Japanese pricing scheme is 100% fueled by rumor, hope, and prayer.

Jul 16, 2001, 05:45 PM
if,if,if, but the sad truth is that ver2 doesnt even do that. you can still be harmed in all the same ways as before unless you play ultimate mode. so you will pay this fee, and your characters will still not be safe. sadly, i was expecting more from SOA.
heres a thought, with the release still 2 months away, there will be a huge amount of negative feed back about all of this, the long wait, getting charged twice as much as JP users, and things of the sort. many, many people will go ahead and import, useing GS or exploder codes to transfer thier US save files to ver2. Sega will notice this no doubt, now, if they start to figure that they have lost most of the US sale base for this release, whats stopping them from just plain ol' not releasing the title. it could happen, maybe thats why the date is 7/11 even though the disks are ready for replication now. Maybe this is sega's idea of wait and see...
heres another thought, how many yen is 15$ lol, its like 20 billion or something. i thought the dollar was worth more then the yen, or at least last time i checked it was. hmmmm, could be this announcment was designed to lower interest for the title haha. They should have just come out and said, " you might as well import it now " ! maybe this is SOJ idea of payback, with JP ver1 users forced to pay, while we enjoyed the title for free all this time. Muhahahahahahaha.
bummer, im going to buy it, i have 11 characters, and i would like them to see the ver2 servers just once, or twice before this game becomes, well, just another game *gulp*.
peace to my pso brothers and sisters.
Johnny Blaze, Blaze family of legends.

Jul 16, 2001, 05:46 PM
I think that SOJ is pissed at us. They doubled the price of the online fee because, IMO, SOA put up a fight. Sega is going to feel the backlash of this because more people(like me) aren't going to pay 15 bucks for an add-on. They should of waited till PSO2.

Jul 16, 2001, 06:27 PM
I pretty much agree when it comes to PSO. $5/mo. IS expensive considering the game doesn't offer anywhere close to half the content of MMORPGs charging $10/mo. I think I'm gonna try Everquest or maybe Anarchy Online, those I would definately pay for. If i want the PSO type of content I could easily play Diablo 2 for free, and it offers more!

Jul 16, 2001, 06:29 PM
So those bastards up the price plan AND they delay it to september? Well sega for that load of crap I'm gonna buy a gameshark just for you and I'm going to devote my time to PK and CK the hell out of everyone!!! (on the JP servers) Just wait until I get some damn bypass codes and all shal feel the wrath of ShotgunSnowman!!!

Jul 16, 2001, 06:29 PM
Correction to last post. I meant $15/mo. lol

Jul 16, 2001, 06:32 PM
I don't see "half the price of EQ" as a good thing, since EQ offers about 10 times the content. But I do see it as 5$/mo. more than Diablo, a game much more similar.

Jul 16, 2001, 06:33 PM
Reger that... bwa hahahahahahaaa!

Jul 16, 2001, 06:35 PM
Just get a mod-chip or one of those CDs and you can use your US Dreamcast d00d!

Jul 16, 2001, 06:49 PM
I'm not just messing around either. I, ShotgunSnowman will really do this. If for some reason I slip up and get banned I'll just GS another character to level 200 and buy another game. I've nothing better to do than shove a big pole of revenge right up sega's pampered ass! So if you play on the JP servers after the US release and see somone by the name of Snowman join your game you better haul ass outta there.

Parn
Jul 16, 2001, 06:50 PM
My eyes rolled so far back, they popped out of my head.

Parn
Jul 16, 2001, 06:53 PM
You're unhappy with the pay-to-play system, yet you forked out money for a Gameshark in the first place?
Pardon me while I go laugh at you hysterically in a corner of the room.
Actually, what you're doing is fantastic. The more copies of PSOV2 you buy, the better. =)

Jul 16, 2001, 06:58 PM
>>By agreeing to pay to play your telling every single gaming company that your willing to accept any extra charges they might add on to the original price of the game. <<
This is a good point. Just imagine you happen to get addicted to playing 5 different games that all charge $5/month. That's an extra $25/month on top of whatever expenses you already have.
I know, a lot of you will just say "Then choose 1, don't play all 5." I'm just agreeing with one point, that's all.

Jul 16, 2001, 07:21 PM
You dont have too... Did you see the new code? No more banning for anyone now. tsk tsk. I can only watch what will happen now

Jul 16, 2001, 07:49 PM
I would gladly pay $15 to play online if SEGA HADN'T DELAYED THE FREAKEN GAME!Actually I would have payed almost anything if the game had come out on it's original date!Ahh I dont even care anymore im importing! :P

boyface
Jul 16, 2001, 07:54 PM
I cant see why everyones so pissed.
Be happy that your getting v2 at all, and that you didnt have to pay to play v1.
And the release date aint bad, but of course its right before my birthday ;]

RottenDeadite
Jul 16, 2001, 08:59 PM
$10/3 months, maybe. But not $15. I'd gotten used to the $10 for 3 months plan.
I think I'll just stick to Diablo2 Expansion. Everyone I know has quit on PSO anyways.

Jul 16, 2001, 09:00 PM
Man this is bs, i dont care if they price it by what they think they can rip os off by. Unless they are upgrading the glitches in the Jap ver2 then everyone might as well import the freeking game so there is no delay and cheaper to play.

Jul 16, 2001, 09:37 PM
I think it's wrong that we are charged more than Japan (ESPECIALLY since this game is already ran by cheaters who imported...) But I will pay and only play with my friends...at least there will be no more PK junk....it will feel great to enter a team without fear of running into a pker.

(by the way TcGoku2k1.....It's Dave from PSO....)

cyberwolf10
Jul 16, 2001, 10:44 PM
!? this just stinks! $15?!?!?!? is sega punishing us cause sega of usa disagreed?! im not quite sure if im gonna get it NOW! geez...

Jul 16, 2001, 11:19 PM
Well, I guess I'll be getting Version 2, no matter what the release date may be. However, I won't use it online.
I don't care if anyone calls me a cheapskate and such, but 15 dollars every three months is quite a lot to pay for a game like this. Give me a constantly changing world, and I'll gladly pay 5 dollars a month. Hell, I might also be willing to pay 10 dollars or even 15 dollars a month! (It's what I'm paying for on another online game anyway.)
There just isn't enough content in the game for me to pay that price.
For all those who are willing to pay, great. I think there will be many who are willing to play Version 2 along with you. Heck, the entirety of the PSOW-PSO V.2 community will be there. Have fun, and good luck to you in Ultimate and Battle mode. =)
Just my opinion.
Hawke Alytr, signing out.

Jul 16, 2001, 11:33 PM
cuz thats exactly what it is a big heapin amount of it. first they delay 2 months then we have to pay more for it when we didnt even want to pay the original so called price. this must be some soj way of sayin hahahah take that stupid americans but they will feel sorry when they see they sales numbers over here if i ever do buy it tis gonna be an import since it pay to play costs less. or ill just say f u sega and u can take v2 and shove it up ur collective asses. im leanin more to the latter

benjabean
Jul 17, 2001, 01:59 AM
Think of it,
Through-out the past the things that have blown up the biggest, wearn't loved by everyone.
And any publicity is good publicity.
the more conflict we create over this issue the more people will buy.
In fact I gaurantee all these people who hate Sega and claim to be 'long term fans' will in fact cave and buy the game.

And this goes out to all of the 'hard-core' Sega fans
This is hardly hating Sega over, if you are a true fan which most of you i think you are not. Being that there cannot be as many Hard core fans as they say there are because i owned a saturn and I sure as hell didnt know more than one person with one.
Which brings me to my point the saturn years were rough.......too rough and I do not excuse what sega is doing i mean if you are gonna up the price to pay at least bring it out now, im whatever form.

And finally as a Sega user hard core fan or fair weathered fan This is the summer of Sega, Sega has all the best games out what has PS2 got this summer TM: Black???? thats it..........
Nintendo actually had some good games around spring and early summer.
But the DC man the DC IMO has been hammering home the hits since last FEB.
With great online games comin' I suggest you sit back and think that maybe SOA was afraid of the shadow PSO v.2 would create.
I mean would you be buying outtrigger or any other online games comin' out???
I doubt it i think the bug would hit again and we would all spend allotta nights sleepless with only pepsi and beef jerky to quite the crys we make when we die in ultimate or tryin to get S Rank.........

IF you seem to not be able to wait....I suggest 3 things
Try and get you rmind furthest from PSO, and play other Sega games.
If you really want an RPG i suggest Replaying all the FF games since they are out for PSX or just play them on PS2
Finally hell import it. Dricas isnt that hard and im sure you can find someway to get online. (If you are really desperate buy a Visa Buxx card, prepay then buy your Import an Xploader [to transfer characters] and to set up your hunter license)

Well have fun no matter if you are a Sega hatta' or you truly are a Sega hardcore gamer
*emo scream* SEGA!!!

Jul 17, 2001, 04:43 AM
That code was patched already.

Hideout115
Jul 17, 2001, 08:16 AM
I can see many problems with SOJ strategy for U.S. gameplay. First of all, the release date. Why is it that in japan they get things at a certain date, but we have to get it like 6 months later? I mean, how long does it take to translate a game? a week, two weeks? sheesh. Finally, when the games finally hit U.S. store shelves, japan already has the second version out. To me, that's a kick in the fruit basket. They should know by now that US has little patience. Second problem is the pricing. The first game was free. I understand that was a gift, in a way since other countries had to pay. But, taking the price from free to 15$ dollars!? sheesh. Not even in other countries. How much does it take to maintain US servers. Obviously not a lot since the first game is still for some reason free. How much those it take to maintain those ver. 1 servers? Can't they put them on the same servers, so at least the price won't be that high? I was fine with the 10$, but oh man. How I'm I going to explain my parents this? I had them convinced with the 10$(after a week of debating), but 15$ is going to take time. AAHHH who am I kidding? I'll probably just get a job to support my gaming habits. Curse you SEGA for making such an addictive game!

sanster
Jul 17, 2001, 09:38 AM
I think people should just try and be patient. Once PSO V2 is released on the GameCube, the quality will have improved considerably. We in Europe get a raw deal sometimes from Nintendo too, but the big N remains dedicated to real gamers and will not let us down.
Don't complain too much - you all have enough sense to have not bought PlayStations, so just wait a while and I promise you that Ninty will not fail you.
Nintendo has been producing the highest quality entertainment for longer than anyone, and PSO V2 in their hands is a great thing. They will definitely be weary of people being able to cheat and ruin the game for the majority. The PC style technology that is currently utilised will be replaced by high quality Nintendo specific applications - look out for some real changes to the way PSO will feel and play.

pete5883
Jul 17, 2001, 01:51 PM
"Correction to last post. I meant $15/mo. lol"
who charges $15 a month? PSOv2 is $15 for 3 months, some idiots don't understand this (I'm not pointing fingers at any of you, but seriously some people can NOT read)

Jul 17, 2001, 01:57 PM
Well you know how long it takes to translate that instruction manual. *sarcasm*

Jul 17, 2001, 02:08 PM
I don't believe I've ever seen such a terrible sense of immaturity. First off, you don't like the pay for play? Then don't pay for PSOv2 OR play it, move your ass to another game and save yourself some money and don't get a gs. Second WHO THINKS SEGA IS RICH. Wanna know the truth? Sure they have a 7 story building in San Fransisco but guess what...Sega is only 2 stories of that building, they have to share it with ZDnet and other companies. If anyone is rich its EA, they have 2 buildings. Guys sega is dirt poor, you think it was there voluntary choice to develope as a third party, NO, it was a last resort to get some money before they actually go out of business. Some of you guys really need to stop bitching about how poor sega is, if you don't like sega, sell your dreamcast and never play a sega game again, just STOP THE BITCHING!

Jul 17, 2001, 02:14 PM
I hope nintendo has a gamecube keyboard at release ;)

Jul 17, 2001, 02:29 PM
I just gotta ask the obvious question here because I'm a glutton for pain and I don't get enough on PSO, but what the heck is PKing other players gonna do to get back at Sega? Personally I think that 15$ a month is a fine price, after all, most PC users already pay 10$+ for their online RPGs. I myself pay somewhere around 16$/mo for an account on Dragonrealms that I rarely ever get a chance to play. If you don't like it, don't buy it It's that simple.
And if I hear anyone one else complain about Japanese people having to pay 'less', I'm gonna cry. Seriously. Do some homework before you open your mouth and insert foot...Japanese people have to pay a fee just to dial their ISP. There's a reason cell phone use is so widespread there, and it's because if they've gotta pay to use the phone, they might as well get some mobility too. *sigh* I feel like I'm arguing with a Sharker over the morality of hacking their game.
Oh...if I'm upset with Sega about anything, it's the fact that I have to wait to September. *whimper*
Arelin/Noelle

Jul 17, 2001, 02:45 PM
I've never seen such a page of utter whinging crap in my entire life. You people don't even know you're born. Perhaps for once it'll do you good to get a raw deal in the international stakes. The rest of the population of the world has been getting it from America (games, music, movies etc) for decades.

Jul 17, 2001, 03:17 PM
Thank you for e-mailing Sega Technical Support.
The current release date for Phantasy Star Online version 2, if not
cancelled or postponed, is November 2001. If you ever require help in the
future, you can also find support at www.sega.com. Thank you and have a
nice day!
To get the maximum gaming experience, we strongly recommend only using
Sega licensed products, such as controllers.
Have you played online lately? Check out our Web site at www.sega.net
for more information about our high speed, low latency gaming ISP. Get
Connected!
Sincerely,
-Jeremy
Sega of America Technical Support
--------------------------------------------------
This is the reply I got when I e-mailed SOA...guess it's time to import

Jul 17, 2001, 03:23 PM
hey, where did you buy your import from? I cant find a site >_<

elstep6
Jul 17, 2001, 04:51 PM
I hope in version 2 that they have a system so we wont lose our characters and or items. I hear the game is going to ps2 and i hope we can cross platform.

Thanatos
Jul 17, 2001, 06:21 PM
Or what?

Jul 17, 2001, 07:06 PM
Amen. To sum up most of the posts here, view the following.
"Those (insert random insult) (insert random racial slur related to the Japanese) can (insert random slur)! (insert random string of nonsensical cursing) go to (insert random afterlife)!"
Yeah, it's really funny when companies in the United States pull things with release dates for movies and music with other countries. That's okay. But heaven forfend that another country gives it back to us.
There's still no word on the pricing structure or release date for v2 for the rest of the world anyway. Some hoser on a random gaming site telling me he has 'official' word without backing it up with a link to show me where Sega supposedly issued this statement isn't convincing me, and it shouldn't convince any of you, either.
Come on, already, how many hoaxes will you people play through? "Oh! Oh! It's in June! July! August! September! November! Pay to play! No pay to play! It's getting released! It's not getting released!"
Oh, and to those trying to compare v2's fees with those of Everquest. Keep in mind that PSO is to Everquest what Dragon Warrior is to Chrono Trigger. They're not on the same playing field. Don't even try to justify PSO's fees by using Everquest as an example.

StonedGrover
Jul 17, 2001, 07:26 PM
actually i have a PS2, and I love it... the only game I play on dreamcast is PSO.. and i bought it just for that reason.. nothing else is even remotely interesting... and I will have a game cube, and an Xbox as well.. why becuse invariably there is going to be some game on all of them that I am going to want, and I am remarkably not patient.. so if anyone feels like bashing me because I like different systems, have at it.. :oP

Nowan
Jul 17, 2001, 08:26 PM
Ugh! $15 every 3 months is *CHEAP*. I don't understand it. Why is everyone complaining about that being an obscene amount of money to pay? Thats $5 a month. If I'm right, anyone that works gets more than $5 an HOUR! If you're too poor to afford that, then what in the world are you doing playing video games in the first place?!

Jul 17, 2001, 09:29 PM
How many games do you own? How many different games have you played over the last 3 months? What if every one of those games cost you $5/month on top of the initial purchase price?
I own *thousands* of games, and have played *dozens* of different games over the last few months. Pay to play gaming has to stop, and it has to stop now!

Jul 17, 2001, 10:08 PM
Hey, the solution's pretty simple. Don't buy thousands of games. :)
Not that I like paying more, but you know if they don't charge you for online play, they'll just jack up the game price anyway.

Jul 17, 2001, 10:56 PM
$15 for 3 months most of us wont be playing it in three months.Thats about how long it took me to finish it so I'll pay it.If I want to play more
i will decide if i want to contuniue playing omline.Ill just play it offline,and since i have
two DCs ill have V! online on one DC and V2 offline on the other.

Jul 17, 2001, 11:41 PM
PSO OF THE CUBE WILL BLOW MAJORILY...YOU PEOPLE DON'T GET IT...IT WILL NOT BE ONLINE...YOU WILL HAVE TO WAIT TILL THEIR NETWORK IS UP...WHICH IT WON'T BE FOR A LONG TIME...GET IT THROUGH YOUR HEAD..NINTENDO IS DEAD

Jul 17, 2001, 11:47 PM
I need help putting my Dricas account in my Japanese DC. All the guides are for American DC. I need help for Japanese DC, and will the 56k modem from an American system work on the Japanese system

Jul 18, 2001, 12:06 AM
I mean god damn, sure is hell ain't security we are paying for. i can understand Everquest and such cause they work with you if things go wrong and they monitor for bad stuff. but sega does nothing for the player if something happens. what the fuck. the pso games aren't even that in-depth. not worth paying for it by the month. shit, we bought their damn game, we should at least be able to play it for free. it's like buying a 2 liter cola and then paying some one to allow you to drink it in your own home. fuck sega

Jul 18, 2001, 02:39 AM
man out of all the bitching... yours makes the most sense. Yes, thats very true.

Kupi
Jul 18, 2001, 07:40 AM
Obviously, you haven't read any reports on E3 or otherwise read up on the oncoming Gamecube games. Nintendo is far from dead.

Hideout115
Jul 18, 2001, 08:16 AM
If you haven't noticed, Sega is the one that's dead. Nintendo is going to do far better than the xbox. You could ask any person, which system will they get in Novemeber, I bet over 90% will say NINTENDO!!!!

sanster
Jul 18, 2001, 10:00 AM
I don't know where you heard that m8, but version 2 is off to Nintendo, where it will be safe!

Hideout115
Jul 18, 2001, 10:24 AM
I'm posting this message, in memory of my character. Pablo lvl. 100 Humar. He was a renowned friend, and extremely good player. He accomplished many great things, such as turning lvl.100 without the help of a Gameshark, or getting maximun stats by working hard and spending countless hours searching. He was able to single handedly obtain almost every hunter weapon by trading or finding, without the help of a gs. Alas, this greatness ended today, July 18, 2001. After meeting a friend in the Miranda ship, someone handed him a god/hp++. Little did he know, that this God/hp++ would be his downfall. It cked him. He tried to get out the VMU before it saved, but a trip offline showed him that the ck had taken it's toll. He still had 0 hp. So, let's all bow our heads down for 10 seconds, and remember all of those souls whom we lost due to ck. Rest in peace, my best char. R.I.P Pablo, lvl.100 Humar Made February 18, 2001 CK'ed July 18' 2001 Farewell.
Also, take some time to remember the owner of Pablo, whose dreamcast couldn't detect the PSO cd after countless tries, losing all hope of geting another char. And so, an era of PSO playing has ended for one of the PSO community. Maybe, this player will even get ver.2 and forget about Pablo. Ahhhh who cares.

Hideout115
Jul 18, 2001, 12:35 PM
I want to look at the article, but it's in japanese. Dose anyone know where I can download the japanese text characters? It asks me if I want to download the text everytime, but when I agree, nothing happens. please help me.

Jul 18, 2001, 02:34 PM
it usually takes much more then a week to translate a game, but sonic team's games are already translated into five language when they are first released

Jul 18, 2001, 02:35 PM
if you're using windows head to the windows update site on microsofts website and dl the japanese language pack

Jul 18, 2001, 02:52 PM
wtf???? hey for all you cheap sob's who have a job.... what are you you complaning about???? if you are a true pso fan you wouldn't care what the price was... if you really are poor and can't afford $15 a month( for 3 months) then get the damn import and stop your bitching!

Jul 18, 2001, 03:38 PM
fuk sega in the ass

Jul 18, 2001, 05:23 PM
Man in the UK we have to pay by the minute. I have had phone bills of £100 a month and you get it for free. Then you start crying over $5 a month, you twats. I would gladly pay that and it would work out cheaper for me as I wouldn't have to pay the phone bill I'm currently paying. Man we have to pay loads for ver.1 and you start to cry over $5 for the update. Man, with people with you running the world it's no wonder you're running out of power.

Jul 18, 2001, 10:04 PM
[b]15 dollars is 3000 yen... and you are probably right about the wait and see thing.

sanster
Jul 19, 2001, 05:20 AM
Hey man....this sort of thing seems to be happening inconsistently; some people get deleted and others don't. I have God HP++ (+15,000) and God TP++ (+30,000), but I haven't equipped them online yet as I don't want to be deleted b4 I know how to get back (using gs codes or whatever).
Is it the case that everyone will definitely be deleted when they equip these items online?
I only decided to accept these items after 100 hours of play and lvl 84, as I'm tired of getting PKed and wanted to fight back. I do appreciate that this kind of attitude only serves to perpetuate the problem.

Jul 19, 2001, 08:04 AM
Thanx for the support. You see, the thing is that my char isn't deleted yet. If only there was a code that made my char unequip everything he has on, then I know he will be ok. If only I could unequip that GOD/HP++, he won't die all the time. He won't have 0 hp. If anyone knows a gs code that lets you unequip items, plz tell me. I will have to buy a gs now. Its against my playing beliefs, but...... if it's the only way to get my char back, so be it.

Jul 19, 2001, 09:43 AM
Not to mention we do the same thing to them.
Simultaneous world wide releases, from any country, for any medium, do *not* happen.
They should. There's absolutely no reason they shouldn't. Other than the fact that companies are filled with morons. :P

Jul 19, 2001, 09:45 AM
What exactly do you mean? Transferring v1 to v2? Yeah, it's in the DC v2.. Can't happen for other systems, as vmu's won't fit.
If you mean losing characters from CK/FSOD/BSOD (Which I assume is more likely).. Not going to happen, not with the way ST has designed the game to 'stop' (*laughs*) 'cheaters'.
I'd rather have people being able to dupe without a gameshark then lose 500+ hours. After all, even with their anti-duping measures, Lavis Cannons are a dime a dozen.
Thanks, Sonic Team!

Jul 19, 2001, 10:27 AM
90% will say nintendo because they already own a PS2 =p

Emeralda
Jul 19, 2001, 10:32 AM
Not only are Lavis Cannons common, but Lavis Blades are, too...
and once the Double Cannon has ben time released, It will be common, too...
*sobs*

Jul 19, 2001, 10:40 AM
If things were that easy, hee hee. By adhereing to anything that Sega throws at us you're admitting to them that you have no discipline, and therefore aren't free. So being true to something doesn't mean following/doing something at any cost. If you feel Sega is screwing you with PSO then follow you're instincts when making a decision to buyt. Don't make yourself feel guilty for buying PSO if it's crap, and remember it's you're decision after all.
I personally won't buy PSO Ver.2 because the online game is just too addicitive and I can't manage my gameplaying time correctly.

Jul 19, 2001, 03:06 PM
how about a hp modifier code? or the infinite hp code. Make sure u get a codebreaker since its alot cheaper.

Hideout115
Jul 20, 2001, 10:50 AM
thanx, that the kind of help I needed. Maybe I should try that. Oh well, I'll just have to see.

Jul 22, 2001, 07:32 AM
Sega isn't merely poor! They're in debt! Given the current situation, I'd wager that Sega would be happy being poor. T'would be better to bring in a scant amount of money and get by, than OWING money and NOT making a profit.

Jul 27, 2001, 03:12 AM
Well...that happened to me, what I did was turn off the dreamcast without saving...worked like a charm, but of course...this was while I was online...I dont know what to say man, sorry :(

Jul 29, 2001, 01:44 PM
Eh yo! Check this out God; all those lil bitches that are complaining about pay to play should just get off it. If you want to continue to play the game..then you gotta pay..period! At least now, we can see how many shady punk ass pk'ers dupers and non skilled players can get by without GS'ing there way to a so called fun time! These people think they got iron nuts online, but just about all of them would get the hell beat out of them for acting like a lil girl online by defiling the game by using codes and pk'ing to make life for the legit games bad! Well, if sega wants me to pay to play a game that I like..so be it. At least now all the cats out there with no lifes now have to pay to play the game instead of live on the damn thing like its there woman or something. Oh and if anyone has beef with what I'm saying then..YO! MY email address is [email protected], I live in NYC so I KNOW aint no lil eminem wannabe's/ oreo's/ computer nerds/ loners out there that wanna beef about the TRUTH! It's time that someone spoke the real! Time to make the game fun again and with some order and FAIRNESS! Good lookin out SEGA, I hope your pay to play can keep tab's on and discourage all those tricks out there that are up to no good! Thank You! FROM: Malik Rahadd Saidd! aka (on PSOP= Phantasy Star Online Police) Officer Redemption Lvl 100 Hucast! F what you heard!

Jul 29, 2001, 01:47 PM
MY brother preach it !! FROM: MALIK RAHADD SAIDD!

Jul 30, 2001, 06:55 PM
...is actually a good deal for all you guys that are complaining. I bet some of you make more than that for every hour you work. I do, that is cause I went to University and got my Masters. Don't get me wrong I am payed with a salary not a wage, but adding up the math, I do. Anyway I'm not here to brag about my job. If you buy other online games like Asheron's Call, it'll cost you $20 a month, not $15 every three. Hell I pay more per month for my safety deposit box! I PAY MORE TAXES ON MY PAYCHECK THEN THAT! So stop your bitching and look at other games! THIS IS A GREAT DEAL!!!!!! We were lucky to have it free but a dieing SEGA needs money, $500 million a year due to Dreamcast is what Sega has lost so far, that is a lot for a company that is just worth some billion, not to mention the death of the former CEO! SO JUST PAY THE DAMN MONEY OR LET SEGA SHRIVEL AND DIE!!!!!!

Mog_the_moggle
Jul 30, 2001, 06:58 PM
WORD UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mog_the_moggle
Jul 30, 2001, 07:05 PM
FUCK YOU WHORE!!!!!!!!!!! I like your last comment but the rest is bullshit! SEGA DOES NEED THE EXTRA MONEY!!!! THEY HAVE BEEN LOSING OVER 500 MILLION DOLLARS A YEAR DUE TO DREAMCAST EXPENSES!!!!!!!!!!! THAT IS A HELLA LOT OF A COMAPANY THAT IS WORTH ONLY UNDER 6 BILLION! OOPS, I FORGOT! THEIR CEO DIED, THE CEO OF TEN YEARS DIED! TRY BEING SEGA AND THINK ABOUT WHAT YOU WOULD DO! SAVE THE COMPANY TO ENTERTAIN BILLIONS IN THE FUTURE OR DIE AND LET SOME WHORES THAT DON'T WANT TO PAY BE HAPPY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mog_the_moggle
Jul 30, 2001, 07:13 PM
If you attemp that I will hunt you down, I'll ride your momma, and rape your dog, then i'll go to your house and...
let me put it this way,
"Hello, Clarice"

Mog_the_moggle
Jul 30, 2001, 07:17 PM
I completley agree with you! They were losing 500 million dollars a year due to Dreamcast! That is a lot for a company worth under 6 Billion not to mention the CEO died! So two words can sum this up:
WORD UP!!!!!

Mog_the_moggle
Jul 30, 2001, 07:26 PM
Two words express my anger and what I'm going to do to you.
"Hello, Clarice"

Jul 30, 2001, 08:06 PM
I agree with you i dont know why we have to pay more then them. they have had it longer and i know so many people that have imported it by the release of ver. 2 every one will have it already just by importing. i just think it is fukked up that we have to wait longer, pay more, and not even get much more from the game. if the game is ready to be shipped any way why not just send it already i hate Japan

Aug 1, 2001, 10:48 AM
i was wonderin if any1 knows when pso ver2 is coming out in europe- THX

Aug 1, 2001, 10:48 AM
i was wonderin if any1 knows when pso ver2 is coming out in europe- THX

Aug 8, 2001, 02:58 PM
Dude i think the pso version 2 is already out man in europe i think but anyway you may know me... wtf????? reply and look what i started hahahahahahhhhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhah all rebel against the whining bitches and pkers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

RazmaVI
Aug 9, 2001, 02:12 PM
this sucks >_< good thing i imported!

Aug 11, 2001, 07:47 AM
Fuck me...Thats bang om m8,Yank moaning Bastards.We in the Eu have to pay money galore to play PSO and they Bitch about $15 every 3 months Cunts.Id love to pay £15 a month and use it till im blue in the face in the UK.But no ive got to pay by the Min(ouch)Well said m8.

Excalibure
Aug 11, 2001, 11:33 PM
You know I'm just happy that sega is bringing Pso ver.2 to us not so loved by any of the game companys out thre US gamers and as far as the 15 bucks go I heard that it's cheaper to play the japanese version,But Oh-well it could be worst!Point blank either pay and play are get off sega's balls!

Nov 30, 2001, 07:56 AM
Dude! that was my birthday!!!!!!!

dankert92
Jul 30, 2011, 11:52 PM
is it set to release in 2011?