PDA

View Full Version : Article: Three brand new version 2 quests!

Mistkerl_Zwo
Jul 19, 2001, 01:21 PM
Castelak writes, "Sonic team has added the two new online quests! The Lost Maracas (4 person)
Tinkerbell's dog (1 person) I was only able to download the new quest by turning my language to japanese, this may have changed though. Happy hunting! Also .. Mamak-int.com (http://www.mamak-int.com/v2q.htm) has walkthroughs for the download and Tinkerbell's dog quests. Good luck! ^_^ Offlne quest: Central Dome Work"

Update: Screen captures from the "Tinkerbell's Dog" quest can be found here (http://65.108.77.101/pso/screens/tinkquest/).

Jul 19, 2001, 01:29 PM
are all the quests for ver.2 only_?

Rhete
Jul 19, 2001, 01:40 PM
Yes, they are v2 only. Thanks a lot Sonic Team.

Ananke
Jul 19, 2001, 02:54 PM
Wonderful. Sonic Team completely abandons V1. Splendid. Just splendid.

pete5883
Jul 19, 2001, 03:32 PM
they were always ver.2 only, they said this on the page originally, if anybody translated it... I did, and pointed it out in a comment the first time...

DDR
Jul 20, 2001, 02:33 AM
Arr... less than 2 months to go... :)
I guess I can wait... hope that the quests will still be available by then...

Parn
Jul 20, 2001, 08:40 AM
I don't see you paying a monthly fee for PSOV1. You get what you pay for, eh?

Parn
Jul 20, 2001, 08:44 AM
...for not giving said quest to V1 players. After all, they don't pay a monthly fee for them.
Let me clarify something for a lot of you. You paid $40-$50 for PSOV1. You got free online play. You got 6 months worth of it, while the Japanese had to pay every month.
So can you guess why the Japanese got extra download quests while we got nothing? Maybe it has something to do with them paying and us not paying. =)

Jul 20, 2001, 11:32 AM
They promised from the beginning with PSO v1 that there would be new downloadable and online quests, yet did NOT charge an online fee. If they didn't think they could keep this promise of continuing to update the quests for v1 players, they shouldn't have made the promise or should have CHARGED us from the beginning instead of trying to punish us later on for not paying. SEGA actually played a dirty trick on us because they knew that charging an online fee from the beginning would be detrimental to their PSO fanbase, so instead they abolished the online fee, along with all the bonus services that go along with it (like new quests and better hacker prevention), knowing that they would draw more people in who would PAY for the online fee when the sequel came out. I feel like SEGA has just been leading us on this whole time, and managed themselves very poorly. It's obvious that they need money, and I'm sure that if they were more up-front about it from the beginning people would have been more than willing to pay to play PSOv1 and help them out... but instead they went about a very sneaky way of trying to milk money from us. Since they didn't charge for PSOv1 online play, that's why PSOv2 online play is so much more expensive than we had anticipated. Now they're making up for their losses by hitting hard the players that they've hooked. I will buy PSOv2 and pay the fees which they are asking because it IS a good game, and worth 15$ extra (although I'm not sure if I'll play and pay past the first 3 months). However, I will be VERY wary about purchasing new SEGA games for other platforms because who knows what other tricks they may have up their sleeves? I used to be a completely trusting and loyal SEGA fan, and I feel that my trust has been betrayed.

Parn
Jul 20, 2001, 01:21 PM
They promised new downloadable quests, the Japanese got them. They promised new online quests, and they came, albeit extremely slowly.
I noticed something. Sonic Knuckles are JUST NOW made available. I think they were meant to be released a lot sooner, but I wouldn't be surprised if they changed their mind because of all the item hacking.
As for their tactics of having version 1 free, and then charging for version 2, being sneaky, well... perhaps. You CAN live without the game though. Is it any different that demo CDs are released and get you addicted to a game? Granted, they don't cost anything, but PSO was a full game on its own, which is why it cost money.
Tell me... can you name another game that you've played as much as PSO? I've spent an awful lot of time with this game (not the most), and even with its many flaws, I've gotten more play time from it than almost any other title. I think my money was well spent.
I used to be a loyal Sega fan, and in some ways I still am. I just believe that they're aiming to make the maximum buck (as any business does), and their methods will give them just that. They can't afford to do otherwise, as Okawa isn't alive to bail them out of debt like he did the last half decade.
I'd rather have Sega games to play in the future, rather than just memories of what I already have played.

Jul 20, 2001, 03:46 PM
Yep, so with their pricing scheme of roughly 3 bucks a month, they have spent a total of (again, roughly) 18 dollars on the 6 months you mention.
Guess what I, as a US player will be paying for one half of that time? 15 bucks. Damn near double. And will I see as many quests as the Japanese?
No.
Will I get an updated website?
Doubtful.
Will I get anything that justifies me paying more than my compadres from across the waves?
Like fuck I will.
Will I still pay it? Yep. The bastards have me hooked.

Jul 20, 2001, 04:02 PM
someone seems to be a pretty cocky bitch on this post

convoy_vigilante
Jul 20, 2001, 04:47 PM
Thanks A lot Sonic Team, you sack of snot! Dammit you just ignore ver1 as if it were never created, as it is there is only 1 English download quest, now you say "the servers will be updated so nobody can be online but this is good news for ver 1 people, new guild quests will be available!" I say you're full of shit, try helping the people who have the ORIGINAL Phantasy Star, not dam ver2 that not many U.S. people have, try supporting the game that most people have. Oh but wait that would be too hard for the likes of you sell outs! JESUS this pisses me off!!!

Jul 20, 2001, 04:50 PM
Something fishy why are the quests in english (look at screens) but he said the he had to d/l them by setting the language to japanese?

Ananke
Jul 20, 2001, 05:38 PM
If they had, from the start, given me the option to pay-to-play, with a guarantee of getting new online and download quests when the japanese do, and I had opted to keep playing for free, then "Oh, boo-hoo" would be appropriate. Considering that this was never an option, I DO feel cheated. They can't hold something against you when they forced the situation on you. True, I HAVE gotten 6 months out of this game. Almost no othe game can boast that. I DON'T like having a bait-and-switch pulled on me, either way. When you release a game to two markets, then release the next version to just one market and forget the other market completely, that's what you call "wrong." Shrewd business tactics? Maybe. If they're so desperate, they should get V2 on the shelves in america right now and start raking in their damn $15.

Jul 20, 2001, 05:55 PM
Did you people think Sega would make online quests for V1 forever?? I mean, really. Get real here. How long did you expect them to keep someone on staff making new stuff for an old game? Add to the picture that V1ers AREN'T paying a monthly fee, and I'm pretty sure they made the only decision they could. Come on. Think about it. WHO is going to pay for the guy who has to MAKE the V1 quests? Hmm? All the JP V1ers are V2 now, and their money goes toward V2. So, really, NOBODY is paying for V1. Sega's giving you what they promised--the ability to pay online--so stop complaining. Nowhere did they ever claim they would keep making online quests for you from now until eternity.
-Jayde

Parn
Jul 20, 2001, 07:11 PM
And someone seems to be a big coward for posting anonymously.
If you have something to say to me, at least identify yourself.

Parn
Jul 20, 2001, 07:21 PM
...I keep hearing these "promises" about future download quests and such. I don't recall Sega promising anything.
Sega IS supporting the game that most people have. It's called PSO V2. Japanese gamers outnumber US gamers, almost 3 to 1. Don't believe me? On a busy night, US users top out at around 4000. Check out the JP servers on Saturday morning, there will be about 11000 people on the JP servers, and because their servers are full, a lot of them hit the US servers, particularly Miranda.
Sega supported V1 as promised. They delivered free online play. And they still are supporting free online play for V1.
Let me lay it all out for you. The Japanese are paying consistently for online play. This money goes towards server maintenance, new quests, and giving those folks who do this work, a paycheck so they can eat too. Whether you are forced into a situation where you can't pay is irrelevant, that's life.
Most Japanese players don't have version 1. They almost all have version 2. Since that is now the source of income, naturally, quests are going to support version 2.
YOU aren't supporting Sega. You've purchased PSO, and you got what they promised, free online play. When you start paying a monthly fee for PSOV2, and quests don't appear, THEN you have a reason to complain.

Parn
Jul 20, 2001, 07:22 PM
The two online quests in the hunter's guild mission are playable in English.
The offline downloadable quest has to be played in Japanese. That's the difference between the two.
In order to even download said quest, you have to have your language set to Japanese first.

Parn
Jul 20, 2001, 07:27 PM
People seem to have this idea that Sega owes them something. I'm baffled as to how this is, since Sega delivered exactly what they promised, and that is free online play, nothing more.
Sega's falling apart, with SegaNet going down the toilet and becoming part of Earthlink now. And all these people can think of is what THEY want. More more more.
If some of you think gaming is only for the rich, I don't want to hear it. Cartridge games a few years back were more expensive than the stuff that's out now. Need money for a month of PSOV2 gaming? Eat one less Big Mac at Burger King. Don't go to the movie theater ONE time.
Oh, and heya Jayde. =P

Jul 21, 2001, 11:06 AM
Yes, but aren't their V.1'ers still paying? What do THEY get? They did screw the V.1'ers. I don't think the half-assed quests they release is worth the 15 bux, especially when there are still bugs, cheaters, and a never-changing world.

Jul 21, 2001, 11:21 AM
OMG, why do all the v.2'ers seem to have turned to being assholes to the v.1'ers. So thick headed too. If you don't know why you're thick-headed, then maybe you should take another look at the situation. One way or another, Sega screwed us. paying half a much as a true MMORPG that has HUGE, ever-changing worlds, new items, sooooooo much more, is not worth it when all we're getting is the same hacker-filled, bug filled game, with a couple new modes and finally the kind of updates they've promised all along(yes, they DID promise us US/UK customers that. They just tried to fill that promise with two very similar, practically same-as-the-game quests). Now come on, should they have "punished" us for not paying during V.1??? NO. We never chose not to pay, they never gave us that option, and I'm sure if people knew they would "punish" us they would've wanted to pay. DAMN people, quit putting they blame on us V.1'ers when we had no choice.

QWERTY2000
Jul 21, 2001, 11:27 AM
I'm not the one that just posted anon, but how does that make someone a coward? It's not their real name, it never looks different to me when i see the name "BlahBlah" or the name "Anonymous". Oh yeah take a look at this post, maybe you'll actually realize why people are pissed:
"OMG, why do all the v.2'ers seem to have turned to being assholes to the v.1'ers. So thick headed too. If you don't know why you're thick-headed, then maybe you should take another look at the situation. One way or another, Sega screwed us. paying half a much as a true MMORPG that has HUGE, ever-changing worlds, new items, sooooooo much more, is not worth it when all we're getting is the same hacker-filled, bug filled game, with a couple new modes and finally the kind of updates they've promised all along(yes, they DID promise us US/UK customers that. They just tried to fill that promise with two very similar, practically same-as-the-game quests). Now come on, should they have "punished" us for not paying during V.1??? NO. We never chose not to pay, they never gave us that option, and I'm sure if people knew they would "punish" us they would've wanted to pay. DAMN people, quit putting they blame on us V.1'ers when we had no choice."

Parn
Jul 21, 2001, 12:01 PM
I could have sworn games were about having fun, not ever-changing worlds. And I'm tired of that ridiculous argument anyways, I used to play Ultima Online (2 years, even), so I don't need anyone to address that to me.
Here's a thought. You don't need to convince US version 2 people whether or not to purchase this game. We already did. YOU seem to not have a strong opinion against Sega, so here's a suggestion: DON'T BUY VERSION 2.
So you think Sega screwed you over. Good for you. Then go play something else.
And who's putting blame on anyone? I simply said that you didn't pay to get new missions, and it's true. Whether you were forced into the situation is irrelevant, you DID NOT pay for new missions. And thus, you got nothing. Don't like it, tough. Express your dislike by not buying version 2. Boycott Sega. I really don't care either way, I'm having fun with version 2, and I've already got my money's worth.

Parn
Jul 21, 2001, 12:02 PM
...show me where Sega promised ANYTHING about new missions. I need to see it for myself, and then I will believe.

Parn
Jul 21, 2001, 12:04 PM
If you feel that way, then don't buy the game. Simple. You don't need to convince anyone but yourself.
BTW, if you go on the JP servers, you will find little to no V1 players anymore. They've all switched.

Parn
Jul 21, 2001, 12:10 PM
There's an old saying: "Every dog, barks in their own backyard."
You want to express your opinion, have the courage to at least use a username on the internet so everyone knows who's expressing said opinion. Everyone who visits this site who read my posts knows what my stance is on this whole matter. Sure, some people take any random post as is, but some people are like me, and don't take posts from anonymous people all that seriously.
As for that post, I already read it and replied.

Jul 21, 2001, 03:14 PM
..And you need to take your own advice and stop trying to convince everyone else.
Shut the hell up already, you little whiner.

Jul 21, 2001, 03:29 PM
A game I've played as much as PSO? I can name plenty that I've played more. Half Life. Dune 2000. A few dozen text-based games, PSO is isn't the first addicting game to come along you know.
I've got no disagreement it can be done without, but yeah, they sort of screwed the rest of the world over on downloadable quests. We were promised them too, and we got a whopping one.
Well, that's not entirely accurate, but you either have to read Japanese fluently, or cheat, to play any others. ;) Using a 'walkthrough' is cheating. You're not discovering anything on your own, you're not figuring out the puzzles yourself, you're getting a simple handout, same as popping a GS in and whipping up a Lavis Cannon.
But they're threatining the future of online gaming on consoles and setting a precedent for everything to have a monthly fee. That'd be fine if you could just pay a small fee for the ability to play all your games online, but they seem to be going with a fee for every game thing.
Really it isn't about whether v1 and v2 are worth the money they're asking for, they probably are to most people, its about what could happen as a result of this precedent they're setting. Talking about it on a board isn't gonna do anything though, we should all get together and have someone whip up a form-like letter, or a petition or something in Japanese to send to SoJ, asking them about their plans for future online games and pressuring them not to go with seperate fees for everything

Jul 21, 2001, 03:42 PM
Yeah we all know that usernames really identify people
hahaha

man, keep posting, you make me laugh

Jul 22, 2001, 06:53 AM
Um, none of Parn's statements could be defined as
"whining". He's not complaining in a pitifull or
immature way. In fact, he wasn't complaining at all. He was merely stating facts and making reasonable suggestions. Your little remark on the other hand, was totally whiney.

Jul 22, 2001, 11:06 AM
LOL Parn you're truly the most ignorant dumbass I've seen on the internet.

Jul 22, 2001, 05:16 PM
I should've seen it coming that you dont care about us getting ripped, because you imported. If the game was actually out now, then no one would have any right to bitch. Its about Sega not caring at all about the US and EU markets, not us not paying to play. Pay to play has not been offered to us yet. They could at least have the decency to release the game worldwide, considering thats what its supposed to be, a worldwide game.

Parn
Jul 22, 2001, 06:56 PM
...that rather than supplying a link, you chose to resort to namecalling.
Until someone supplies a link to prove that I'm wrong, I'm pretty much in the right. Thanks for helping my side of the argument. =)

Parn
Jul 22, 2001, 06:59 PM
Wow, you're easily entertained. All it takes is a mere message board post to make you laugh as if I said the funniest thing in the world.
If you want, I've got a really shiny quarter you can have. I'm sure you'll find it fascinating.

Parn
Jul 22, 2001, 07:03 PM
Nearly all of your side's arguments are ridden with either profanity, name-calling, or just flat out lack of content regarding the actual argument.
I didn't realize my argument was THAT powerful. It took me a whole few seconds to think up.
Here's a suggestion to help you further your side. Show me proof of Sega "promising" new missions. I hear all this talk about promises, yet I've never seen such a thing.

Parn
Jul 22, 2001, 07:14 PM
My importing doesn't apply. You have just as much ability to import as I do.
And the argument isn't about Sega "caring" about the US and EU markets, it's about the hunter's guild missions being created for version 2. The money for future missions is being raked in from version 2, NOT version 1. Whether this is fair or not is irrelevant, it's the flat out truth.
"Not being fair" is a thing about life that I've stated many times. But I learn to deal with it. The simple fact is, you currently do NOT pay for hunter's guild missions, so therefore, you don't get them. I'm not placing blame on you, I'm not placing blame on ANYONE, I'm stating a clear cut fact, nothing more.

sanster
Jul 24, 2001, 07:16 AM
Look m8, I completely understand your frustration - it is not baseless. I do however wish to point out that you can bash Microsoft and Sony all you want, but it's the likes of the Big N (and to a large degree, Sega as well) who keep this industry interesting. There is a lot of Sega bashing going on amongst Sega fans, and most of it I can sympathise with, but don't knock Nintendo man - PSO v2 will be far far superior to anything that you have encountered on your DC (so long as Nintendo get exclusive rights, which knowing them, they will).
So, take it easy, and just be patient for the GC - trust me man!!

QWERTY2000
Jul 24, 2001, 02:43 PM
OMG nothing gets through this guy's head. I can't believe the stupid things I've heard him say.

Parn
Jul 24, 2001, 05:31 PM
Once again, unable to argue the point. Is it too much for you to handle?
Don't get mad, just because I'm right. If I was wrong, you would provide the evidence to prove me wrong, rather than resorting to insults and namecalling.
Since being a jerk is the only thing that will get through to you, how about this? I'm playing version 2, you aren't. I'm playing the new missions, you aren't. Haha.

QWERTY2000
Jul 24, 2001, 06:39 PM
Whoa, dude. All the proof has been said in the past billion comments by other users. I don't want to sound repetitive so I'll just say "what they said". You obviously need to take a new look at this, since you're comments are the ONLY ones I can remember saying "HORRAY!!! Sega punishes the V.1'ers!!!" Get a grip on the subject, dude. And like I care you have V.2? Ow, your intelligent comment hurt back there. Like I really WISH I imported? Please. Go back to your hole and worship your V.2. I'm gonna go start on the Diablo 2 expansion.

swaheeleebob
Jul 24, 2001, 06:50 PM
Thumbs up, perfectly stated. That Parn is truly an idiot.

Parn
Jul 24, 2001, 08:02 PM
Still ignorant as ever.
You folks have proven NOTHING. Claims have been made that Sega promised new missions. WHERE? =)
Nowhere, other than these little fantasy worlds that you live in.
I may be an idiot, but I'm an idiot who doesn't bitch about Sega not pampering us when we don't supply them with the money to do so.
And one more time, show me a place with proof that Sega promised anything.

Jul 25, 2001, 01:31 PM
Sonic Team never truly promised it, you're right. But they did seem to use this feature to sort of "scam" the users. It was an added feature, advertised in the manual and in reviews, and Sega themselves said they'd use to give the users new quests. People became excited over this and hoped it would prolong the life. In the end, what really happend was Sega releasing a couple online quests, which were basically the same as the regular game, and decided to only release real ones to V.2 customers. Not nice in my opinion, but that's what all this is, just everyone's opinion.

gremz
Jul 31, 2001, 03:58 PM
i need ver.2 serial numbers and access keys please help me out send me them either on this page or ar [email protected]
thanks in advance

RazmaVI
Aug 9, 2001, 02:08 PM
yay

Mar 23, 2002, 02:28 AM
Hi gremz, and everyone else who sees this.
I Just bought a used version of PSOv.2 and it did'nt come with the access or serial keys either. If you did get the keys, could'nt you send them to me also? Please send them to [email protected](or ghostmail.net) or this page. Also if anyone else who can help me out...
Or if you know a website that has keys posted there ..
I wanna get into the PSO world sooo baaad!
If you love this game then help me out...
Thanks