PDA

View Full Version : Article: Phantasy Star Online Version 2 Broadband Details

watashiwa
Jul 24, 2001, 08:41 PM
Tiger writes, "When Phantasy Star Online arrived in the US, many dedicated SEGA fans who purchased the Broadband Adapter were shocked to find that the US version of the game didn't fully support the BBA; only after some tweaking were players able to get online using the Broadband Adapter. So what about Phantasy Star Online Version 2? Well, thankfully the the US version will share the same BBA capabilities as the import version; the Broadband Adapter will be compatible with the US version of Phantasy Star Online Version 2 with one exception. Like Outtrigger, PSO Ver.2 will not support PPPoE connections so please check to make sure you have the correct broadband connection before you splurge on a Broadband Adapter and PSO Version 2. More information on this article can be obtained here (http://dreamcast.ign.com/news/36813.html)."

Thanatos
Jul 24, 2001, 09:05 PM
Thats cool. But my criteria demands that it must be free to play, so...
No, ill leave that on the shelve. PSO v.2 can't go any lower.

THE-star-FISH
Jul 24, 2001, 11:18 PM
hahahahhaha BOO YA !!!!!! thats why most people are getting the import verson of the game!!! its exactly the same!!!!! It's in english and whatso ever!!! And plus the pay to play for import is cheaper anyway lol. I feel sad for all of u who has been waiting for PSO ver2 and bought a BBA to play with it. lol. Just get the IMPORT!!!!!!! and maybe a mod chip or GS....

DDR
Jul 25, 2001, 03:02 AM
At least it's not a no.

Jul 25, 2001, 01:39 PM
Uhhh, I don't know if anyone ever pointed this out to you before but in the end, importing is much more expensive. Pay 50-60 dollars to import the game, 10-30 for the ability to use it on your U.S. DC, then 10 dollars for 3 months, then pay 30-40 dollars for a GS (I believe this may eliminate the need for MOD chip too) if you ever have any hope of keeping your current charactor. OR you could wait, pay 40 dollars for the U.S. game, and pay 15 dollars for 3 months of play. MUCH cheaper and MUCH less hassle going with the U.S. version, thank you. I don't think this add-on will last most people much longer than 3 months. Anyway, you'd have to play V.2 for years for the import to pay off, by then PSO 2 will be out. So, I'm sorry to prove it, but you just lost out buddy. =(

swaheeleebob
Jul 25, 2001, 01:43 PM
"thats why most people are getting the import verson of the game!!!"
Since when is the amount of importers even close to most of the US/EU players? Sorry but there are tons more V.1 people from US/EU than V.2'ers.

blueroc
Jul 25, 2001, 02:49 PM
Who cares ????
It's IMPOSSIBLE to buy a BBA !
(megabucks for a used one on eBay doesnt count)
Discontinued by SEGA Us itself for month.
You can't even buy it in a shop in Japan !
(mail order only for there)
have a PC ? use it as server for your DC via modem.
Such an article about BBA is uselesss.

Jul 25, 2001, 04:06 PM
Hey, this is HowardTheDuck. I can't seem to use the gosh darned confirmation code so I can change my password and sign back in (Hint: I need some help webmaster!). but aside from that. How do you use your PC as a server? I'd really like to know this since I have DSL and I hate usuing 56k using the phoneline not being able to get calls. Help would be Greatly appreciated.
Thanks. HowardTheDuck

blueroc
Jul 25, 2001, 07:08 PM
HowardTheDuck, check :
http://home.elp.rr.com/terlouw/
The key point is getting a DC modem that will work
whithout phone line voltage.
Older modems or jp ones are good.
(check troubleshooting section)
I used what is described there myself.
Got on PSO V1 Us with it.

Jul 26, 2001, 12:17 AM
Damn it, I hate having a PPoE connection.

pete5883
Jul 26, 2001, 07:11 PM
what company is it that offers PPPoE? or is it a college thing? cuz i'd like to stay away from it if possible...

Jul 26, 2001, 07:58 PM
=Duck here, well, It's Pacbell DSL piece of crap. I really think it just depends where you live. I live in a small town where the internet has evolved-Not the people.
Bwuahahahaaha!

Jul 27, 2001, 12:21 PM
Bleh, hey blueroc, did you have any problems initially setting it up? my modem is old, so it connects fine, but it tells me it can't get a host name (my dns may be off is all i can figure)

blueroc
Jul 29, 2001, 05:35 PM
I assume that you already can connect fine with the DC alone.
I think I used either my ISP's DNS, you can check
yours by launching winipcfg under windows;
or the generic 4.2.2.1 & 4.2.2.2
hope this helps.

Jul 31, 2001, 09:40 PM
I have PPPoA can i use that for the BBA. And itis imposible to get a BBA sega doesnt sell them anymore.

Aug 2, 2001, 06:55 PM
Curses, I'm running win2k, and while there's instructions there, it requires 2 phone lines, which just defeats the purpose. I need to figure out a way to make win2k answer manually and connect with TCP/IP, hyperterm just dosen't cut it for that.