PDA

View Full Version : Article: First footage of FOmar

Castelak
Aug 26, 2001, 12:37 AM
RazmaVI writes, "Thanks to Ign.com for the info. Phantasy star online 2 will be compatible with a BBA, and will be the first title for the Gamecube. Click the following link to the first footage of the new PSO character FOmar. Click here to view it! (http://cubemovies.ign.com/media/space2k1/movies/psover2.mov) NOTE: The HUcaseal is running in the backround with a double cannon, it's hard to see, but shes there! ^_^;"
Thanks to others who also found this out! Is it me... or does he kind of look like a FOmarl? O_o

Aug 26, 2001, 10:20 AM
Heh, so? FOnewmn looks a lot like FOnewearl! :)
I doublechecked FOmarl in Character Selection in PSO, and despite the similiarities, this character model video is for real. The rear headbands on the back of the character's hat, for instance, doesn't match anything FOmarl has. Nifty.

Aug 26, 2001, 11:00 AM
well.....does that character look GAY or does that character look GAY ( no offence )

Aug 26, 2001, 04:50 PM
That video actually had footage for both new characters...FOmar AND HUcaseal. If that wasnt HUcaseal then theres a RAcaseal running around with a new head and a double lavis...
Since the GameCube version of PSOver2.0 is compatible with the U.S. Dreamcast version of PSOver2.0....that means they have to add the 2 new characters to the Dreamcast version...am I right? Also, IF the U.S. version of ver2.0 gets pushed back to September 25th...thats almost a guarantee that the 2 new characters will be added.
I hope they get added, if so I can rub it in the faces of my friends that imported ver2.0 and saying it was better, and the U.S. version would have no changes :D

Jess
Aug 26, 2001, 08:42 PM
That is defenately a FOmar. Just look at his height! Not only that, If you look closely enough, you will notice a HUcaseal running around with a Double Lavis! It's a shame that SonicTeam didn't include the FOmar and the HUcaseal in Dreamcast's PSOv2... -_-

Aug 26, 2001, 08:59 PM
wow he looks pretty ahem...flamboyent but any thing is better then the stupid fonewman.but yeah those characters are gamecube only.....

Rael
Aug 27, 2001, 06:21 AM
His clothes remind me of the Dezorians. I think he looks cool... if you think he looks "gay" (as someone else here put it) I'm sure he'll grow on you after a while.

Aug 27, 2001, 10:53 AM
yeah I played the original ps games and you're right that is definaetly what the peeps on dezolis looked like.I just wish he didn't run like a girl and wasn't soooooo similar to the fomarl.That is where my flamboyent comment came from. But maybe they'll tweak him and make him more manly, like Rune,the coolest fomar around,i hope to god.

Aug 27, 2001, 11:03 AM
My vision for the sequel would be much different from the original PSO, like incorperate one big world as opposed to a team of 4 going through small labled areas.My ideal for class selection would be by species, gender, class, then class weapon prefference.And instead of disks you would learn spells by your level and they would have skills like the other ps games.And no two forces magic would be exactly the same,like when a force character is made according to their species gender and spell prefference they would learn different magic that other classes wouldn't.Of course with this I would want combo magic that would take coordination to pull off and be very rewarding. That would be the best game ever...every character unique and with stregnths all their own.Oh yes and it would be cool if they had wren types as androids and androids would learn skills strictly, like trap search an android would learn at lvl 10,but at later levels find parts that enable them to learn attack skills like burst rocket or plasma beam form ps4.If sega does this and removes rares from existence therefore making meseta worth something,and maybe letting you customize basic weapons totally suping them up over time as well as totally make sure cheating can't happen...They would make the best game ever made and get out of the little slouch they are in now.hear my cry sega

Aug 27, 2001, 05:08 PM
For one, they just had to come up with something for Spaceworld, so he probably will change, and two, I'll be using hunters anyways...HUcaseal looks awesome, and the big question, is she equal or better than HUcast?

Aug 28, 2001, 08:02 AM
The hucasial is like the hucast, but has more ata, less hp, less atp, and probaly more dfp.

Aug 28, 2001, 08:06 AM
ummmm. ok......

TST-leader
Aug 28, 2001, 10:25 AM
Thats not a double cannon she's carrying, it's something new. Look closely and you'll see 2 smaller blades on the sides of the big blades. This means new items in GC ver.2 WOO HOO!!!!!!!

Aug 28, 2001, 02:58 PM
Yeah, he looks so gay compared to fonewm, o, wait thats not possible. Compared to fonewm, fomar looks like a perfectly straight man.

Aug 29, 2001, 01:29 PM
FINALLY i need new weps ... im craving new weps...

lfunk
Sep 4, 2001, 07:27 AM
Yeah totally man. Can we really respect our male character if he runs like a girl? Hell no. No more than we can like to look at our female character if she runs like a man. Just because he's a force doesn't mean he shouldn't be buff and act like a hard ass. He still runs around all day and fights monsters and stuff. But thats cool that he looks like the dezolians. They were my favorite bunch on the original phantasy stars. I hope the gamecube pso has as good a story as the originals did. They ruled.

lfunk
Sep 4, 2001, 07:45 AM
The subject sais it all man. That was my vision of the original PSO aswell. I couldn't help but be a little disappointed when I saw that the only town in the whole game consisted of one room worth speaking of. Except I don't think they should eliminate rares ENTIRELY. I think they should make duping impossible (such that the original has a particular signature that cannot be copied, and the duped ones just dissappear when you go online with them, they could do it easily) and make it so that rares are actually rare. You find one when you kill a super powerful beast which you have to be at an amazing level to do anyway, type of thing.
You are totally right, that would be the best game ever. DO YOU KNOW HOW COOL THE QUESTS COULD BE IF THEY HAD AN OPEN WORLD INTERFACE!!!!!!? The quests could be puzzling too!! Because you'd have to find what you're looking for on an open plane! Go to towns and talk to people! Split up and search for clues!! Message each other when you find stuff!!
You should also be able to challenge other characters to a duel. The other character would have to agree and then they could fight. Or you could choose to go rogue, which means you are a bad guy and you have something on top of you're name, like its written in red or something, and then others would want to kill you. (actually scratch that last idea, that would be cool, but too many innocent newbies would suffer.)
Sega could do it too y'know. They only used about 200meg on PSO. Of a one gig disk. And not only does the gamecube have far superior data compression (decompression) but aren't the disks higher capacity as well? I soooooo hope they do that. They will eventually anyway, but I hope they do it NEXT! Gamecube will get off to a flying start if they do.
P.S. Don't worry too much about sega, they still make a lot of money on arcade machines, and dreamcast still does better than the PS2 in Japan. Its only sega of america and of europe that are in trouble, and if worst comes to worst, we can all learn japanese. I'm preparing for the worst case scenario future.

lfunk
Sep 4, 2001, 07:50 AM
THEY COULD DO IT!

Sep 24, 2001, 08:49 PM
Dude to the guy that says its not a DOuble Cannon... your wrong, it is a double cannon. I have used one a cheater brought on before and that is it i promise you. Those blades are also the same type as with Lavis Blades (the daggers)

Darrin
Apr 16, 2002, 12:00 PM
When i get Phantasy Star Episode I & II, I am going to be a FOmar. :D

Jun 21, 2002, 08:58 PM
Man when i first heard about the FOmar i was like "finally i can not be forced to make female FO's to look not as gay..." The FOmar looks pretty damn good. But the hat and his face on that one makes him like a woman is a bit much... But at least no fucking messed up pants...

Dec 3, 2002, 08:55 PM
Playing the FOmar right now. His weaknesses call for a great deal of strategy, rather than raw power on the player's part. For those who consider him not 'manly' enough, I assure you he's more than 'manly' enough for those of US who don't consider 'manly' to be semantically equivalent with 'brute' or 'thug'...or worse, 'idiot'. True, you would never see anything like that on the Man Show, but then, you don't see real men on the Man Show either. Just how narrow are your minds?