PDA

View Full Version : Article: Seganet taken down.

Castelak
Sep 2, 2001, 12:10 AM
RazmaVI writes, "Today, SEGA signed over Seganet to Earthlink. Seganet customers will recieve Earthlink welcome packages in the mail."
Thanks Razma, apparently today was the day! Hopefully the past Seganet users won't get worse connections with earthlink. ^_^:;

Sep 2, 2001, 01:26 AM
hiya, this is aberu btw but i cant sign in, (i always had trouble here). anyways, i jus have to say my sis works for mindspring (earthlinks eastern USA division) and well she said that the earthlink connections suck so expect the worst guys. sorry to be a downer.

DaAvenger
Sep 2, 2001, 03:28 AM
all i have to say is good riddence seganet sucks

DaAvenger
Sep 2, 2001, 03:29 AM
this one dude i know said hes gettin the best connection hes every had way better than seganet

Jess
Sep 2, 2001, 06:18 AM
Well, after the transition took place, I imidiately changed my isp settings(Given by the earthlink package). and started surfing, then started playing PSO. So far I havent expirienced any lag whatsoever, nor have I disconnected. This Earthlink connection feels the same exact way as when I was with seganet. So those saying earthlink sucks(which many still do), I haven't had any bad connections. For those people that have the older earthlink isp, that's a different story...

Jess
Sep 2, 2001, 06:27 AM
Oh, and I forgot to add that my connection seems better. Remember, we still play our online games on sega's servers. All Sega really gave them is the whole dial-up system and the E-mail{ISP}(For those who think that Earthlink has taken over Seganet).

Sep 2, 2001, 11:43 AM
I tried Earthlink before I switched to SegaNet. I didn't like Earthlink because I experienced moderate speeds and a moderate amount of disconnections. I changed to AT&T Worldnet, which has excellent speed and no disconnections.

Sep 2, 2001, 11:53 AM
all my friends use earthlink for their regular pc connections and they say it is great

Sep 3, 2001, 05:28 PM
ELN is a good isp if you're on a good number. If you're in a moderate sized city or better, see if they have any other numbers for your area. See if they use UUnet or PSI. :)