PDA

View Full Version : Article: A New Hackers Way of Destruction!

Castelak
Sep 10, 2001, 03:53 PM
Spider writes, "The other day on PSO this guy asked me to tell him when I was going to use a PB, I did, when I finished the PB the screen went black and all that could be seen was the teleporters.... then I was disconected! I lost all my items plus my game was so damn screwed that I could not even go online with my charicter! Look out for people who ask you to tell them when your gonna do a PB, I went from level 61 to nothing!"
I don't know if this is old or not either... but it seems to be a new form of CK... watch out!

Rael
Sep 10, 2001, 04:55 PM
Uh-oh! I ask people quite a bit when they plan to use a PB... not for any sort of PKing, but so I can try to make a combo out of it!
Hackers have found another way to make legitimate players look bad....

Sep 10, 2001, 05:19 PM
whats a PB?

Sep 10, 2001, 05:29 PM
OMFG thats it no more open games for me...... god damnit I seriusly am geting f***inkg pissed at this.............

Tsukishima-Ruriko
Sep 10, 2001, 05:41 PM
PB =Photon Blast.
This is the first time I ever heard of this.. why can't all of the assholes leave innocent people alone..

MarkXIII
Sep 10, 2001, 05:41 PM
Photon Blast.

Sep 10, 2001, 06:06 PM
Its nothing to do with ur pb or some thing that someone is doing to you. Its something that has been happening on the servers lately. I've had it happen a couple of times to myself when i'm in a game alone but i just unplugged the phone line to make it quit and save and everything was fine.

Sep 10, 2001, 08:48 PM
This is not PSO Hacker World! I know that hacking is a problem but all the attention is just feeding fuel to the fire. These guys are doing all this for the attention plain and simple. It sucks and I wish there were no codes or hacks, but there are. I appreciate the heads up on new threats, and I understand that PSO news is slow but this is getting out of hand. Continued repeated coverage of every little move these slugs make is just making them eat it up more. You think they don’t come here and read this, or go to any other PSO related sight and read the attention they are getting? I wonder how many hits CMGSCC has gotten lately because of this stuff? Quit the paranoia, play with friends or don't play at all, or better yet just move on to something else.
--Mofo

Baka_Chaos
Sep 10, 2001, 09:34 PM
Hey, I think this is very good news to post! Now I know of yet another trap to avoid!

Sep 10, 2001, 09:44 PM
oh, heh

Sep 10, 2001, 10:21 PM
This is not something code users are doing. It is something that has been happening on the servers the last few weeks. It is somewhat like bsod except you cannot make out the background at all like with the pervious type of bsod I've had it happen several times to myself online in lobbies and teams both with and with out others around me. I have not lost a character or the items on them though because i disconnected the phone line when it happened to make the game quite and save.

Sep 11, 2001, 02:47 AM
Why are hackers such scapegoats? "Something went wrong. It must be a hacker." You seem to be forgetting that the coding in this game is quite shoddy and that millions of loopholes and bugs exist that don't require some cheat device, and aren't even intentional as you are obviously implying.

Sep 11, 2001, 12:12 PM
hackers are like the terroists that crashed the two planes into the world trade center...cowardly and idiotic, hackers are dogs that think the gaming community owes them for making such good games and think that making innocent people suffer will help them get what they want.FACE YOUR INADIQUICIES YOU STUPID HACKERS!!!GET A LIFE LOSERS!!!!!!!!nobody is impressed by the amazing amount of time you have on your hands trying to ruin video games...what the hell are you?

Sep 11, 2001, 03:48 PM
With all the shit that's been happening, why wouldn't they be?

morphous
Sep 11, 2001, 04:15 PM
when you go on the internet there is a black screen with the loading bar. you can just wait one minute and then you can go online or you can go offline then put down all your item and then put the item in your item pack .then you will be able to go online again i hope this helps.......

Thanatos
Sep 11, 2001, 05:14 PM
PSO seriously NEEDS to have an engine resembling Diablo II to stop alot of cheats.

RobC
Sep 12, 2001, 01:07 AM
Sonicteam's going about security all the wrong way..
The most secure way to keep everyone from
hacking each other is to keep as much data
on the server side as posible!!
there they can easily update code and dispatch
it out to everyone as soon as holes in the progams
are found.. Take everquest for the PC as example..
every time you log on it checks to see if you
have the latest patches.. all of your characters
info is saved on the servers themselfs..
sonic team can learn a lot from MMPOLG like these..

Sep 12, 2001, 03:06 PM
hmmm sounds like an idea to me.....

Sep 12, 2001, 05:41 PM
HOW DARE YOU SAY THAT! there are good hackers, that help ppl after they have been pked or somthing, or in the case of the net they help find loop holes a evil hacker might use and tell the site owner about it! don't slam us all, some of us are good :D

Sep 12, 2001, 11:33 PM
sigh, you do not get it. Everyone keeps on making refrences to Everquest and Diablo 2. You have to keep things in mind. The first thing is that EverQuest and Diablo 2 are on the pc, NOT THE DREAMCAST. There's only soo much you could know about online console gaming, this is only the beginning of this new era of console gaming. And, if they were to keep info. on the servers, they would have to do away with the single player mode, or make it so that single player characters could only be played offline, which makes single players useless anywayz, cause not many people will want to play offline. Just wait till Phantasy Star Online 2, I guarantee that at least 1/3 of these problems will be prevented, and info on characters will be stored on the servers.

Sep 26, 2001, 08:38 PM
Good God it's just a friggen game. Those acts agenst the US are completly irrevelent to this situation. And besides the terrorists thought they were doing some thing brave.... And technically they were. Why? Because the first attack on th US COULD have been biological.