PDA

View Full Version : Article: New Famitsu Cup quests for v2

Castelak
Sep 15, 2001, 06:38 AM
MORB writes, "According to MATEK on mamak boards, two new quests will be available from 28th spetember to 28th october.
These two quests are the new Famitsu Cup. One of these is an online quest, where 4 players have to earn points by killing monsters.
The other one is an offline quest where you can win some special items at the end, and also tekk v2 enemy parts into weapons.
Also, some players who belong to Famitsu staff will give away the "Famitsu game magazine" item.
More details here (http://www.consolewar.com/forum/threadtoc.asp?page=1&topic=4979)."
w00ty!! The quest to make weapons from parts is here! Whip out the Hildebear Head's, bring your Sinow Red's Arms, and that spare Belra Arm in your bank! Plus winnable items! Yahoo!

Chaos_Knight
Sep 15, 2001, 08:23 AM
Woo-hoo! Time to whip out a Baranz Launcher and get one of my Casts some S-Red Blades.
Now if v2 doesn't get delayed AGAIN, maybe US players that were forced to wait can participate in this as well. However, I do feel sorry for the winner of this Cup in a way because he/she will own a legit weapon that no one else has (I'm assuming it will be a new weapon here) and the next day, pretty much every cheater will have that same weapon but with hidden % and whatnot.

Serendipity
Sep 15, 2001, 11:57 AM
Well, it's about time! With all the talk about how some rares will never make it into our beloved game due to hackers, this is a welcome relief. Yeah, in the end the weapons will be hacked, but at least this is good news.

PrinceBrightstar
Sep 16, 2001, 01:53 AM
Actually...after using various translation programs, i have come to the conclusion that to claim a prize of this, you must be a resident of JAPAN.
It does make sense seeing as how barubary and his group ruined it

Chaos_Knight
Sep 16, 2001, 07:18 AM
No way! If PSO tourneys are still Japan-only, then what the hell are US players going to be paying for (not only that but twice the amount of JP players)?
Well, if this is true, then it's obvious how Sega feels towards Americans. Sounds like they are grudgingly releasing v2 here. If they have this perception about Americans, then we might not even see PSO2 here at all...

PrinceBrightstar
Sep 16, 2001, 10:47 AM
Sonic Team probably wants revenge...afterall, we brought their buildings (weapons, items, armor, shields, ect) down with one swoop of the xploder or codebreaker

Khaotika
Sep 17, 2001, 05:35 AM
Must......get......Belra.....Right......Arm....... .
(by any means necessary if I have to)
*slurp*

Locarno
Sep 19, 2001, 06:10 PM
I'm very excited. I just have one question. It may be dumb but I need to know this to get the offline quest. How do I download the quests? I'm getting the US version of PSO 2 so that's why I'm asking. Someone plz answer this question. PSO FORVER!

Sep 21, 2001, 11:49 AM
I thought the Code Breaker was developed in the U.K. along with the device that started it all: Pro Action Replay.