PDA

View Full Version : Article: Item bypass code users beware...

Castelak
Sep 17, 2001, 07:12 PM
inferno10 writes, "This was posted by our friends at PSOZ ("www.bitspy.com/pso):
According to Barubary, Sonic Team has patched the code which allows cheaters to take banned items out of the bank while online. This should eliminate the problem with legit players being banned by illegal items, and an older (not-widely-used) method of PK'ing.
The implementation of this patch is the funny part. Rather than just checking for the presence of the code, any PSO player who takes a banned item out of the bank will be immediately disconnected. Even better, any PSOv2 player who does the same will be immediately banned. "
Well well well... looks like Barubary's invincible stealth codes CAN be patched! Just goes to show you that cheaters never win. Thanks to Razma for sending the same article.

Sep 17, 2001, 08:02 PM
I'm all against cheating, don't get me wrong, but they will find a way. That's what we thought a few monthes ago, that the code wouldn't work, but Barubary got through it. They will find a way, Sega will never completly get rid of cheating. Sad huh?

Sep 17, 2001, 10:23 PM
Hey as long as Sonic Team or Sega keeps patching the codes, then cheaters won't have a chance to use them for very long. C'mon let's be optimistic people! I can't help but laugh at Dinglebary. Dude, just give up already! Move on to something else. Go hack Everquest or Ultima Online or something. Take on a REAL challenge!

Sinbon
Sep 17, 2001, 11:30 PM
Bar never said it was invincible, nor implied it.

AynRand
Sep 18, 2001, 04:51 AM
It may be patched now but Baru has already stated he knows another way to get banned items into a team and is working on the code.
There are reports too people are just being disconnected and there have been no bans yet.

Sep 18, 2001, 07:32 AM
Ha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!

hokage_gouki
Sep 18, 2001, 09:07 AM
hahaha barubary, u suck :P~
the only one with true stealth here is me :P~~~

Sep 18, 2001, 09:43 AM
I already have a code to get around this! HAHAHAH Silly Sega.

Locarno
Sep 18, 2001, 05:30 PM
Hahahahaha! Barubary loses again, but like the first guy said, they will find a way. I'm against cheating too. Let's enjoy the freedom while it lasts. Until then, GO SUCK YOUR MOMMA BARUBARY!!!!!!! Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!

Tsukishima-Ruriko
Sep 18, 2001, 06:19 PM
The code itself is not patched. Like the article says, it detects when banned items are removed from the bank.. it doesn't go after use of the stealth code itself.
Hopefully they do nail those codes before the US release in 2005 or whatever.

pErFeCt34
Sep 18, 2001, 06:32 PM
Well actually all that sega did was finnaly patch that code. So all that barubary would need to do is make a new version of the take banned items out of bank. So Ha. :P

DMGIce-Rage
Sep 18, 2001, 07:38 PM
Hack EQ? lol ok whatever, I doubt he could, that would actually take programming skill. Sides its pretty much unhackable. Cause they save the chars on the server not your pc.

DMGIce-Rage
Sep 18, 2001, 07:40 PM
LIAR!!!!!!

Sep 20, 2001, 07:03 PM
Actually no.
The way PSO handled the old "items banned removal" was client side.
Basically that warning message would show up and the server would give a command to your game to disable joining a game.
This time its a client side thing, barubary cant do much with codes since codes are mostly client side.
He is changing/hacking client side code and he cant do that to the server.
What this new server side upgrade does is verify each item you are removing from bank and once it detects something illegal it CUTS your connection, it doesnt tell the game to disconnect (that would be hackable) it just CUTS you off (that is not hackable, unless you hack the entire list of items wich quite frankly would be either a VERY LARGE code, and believe me very very large, or change the game list internaly but you would risk not being abble to go in the server due to so much severe modification)
I take my hat out to SEGA for this nice work.
They should have made completly server side alterations a long time ago (thats why Diablo 2 is very safe from hackers/cheaters, its all server side, you cant hack that)

Sep 21, 2001, 04:36 AM
it's all a matter of who taps out first.
-Walnut

Sep 21, 2001, 06:55 AM
WE CAN STILL STAT PK, CK, VK, AND FSOD SO Y ARE U LAUGHING FOR LOL LOL HA HA HA HA HA GOOD LUCK BLOOD (pk)

Sep 21, 2001, 06:56 AM
WE CAN STILL STAT PK, CK, VK, AND FSOD SO Y ARE U LAUGHING FOR LOL LOL HA HA HA HA HA GOOD LUCK

Sep 21, 2001, 10:20 AM
Since I only play with my friends and friends of my friends (all non cheaters or PKers) I dont fear PK or any of the other stuff.
Never been PKed and I doubt I ever will if I keep playing the way I do.

Sep 21, 2001, 10:56 PM
Actually, Barubary does have programming skill... you don't think hacking that stealth code took skill? In fact, I give him credit for finding them, and I think he should be allowed to use them. I disagree with distributing them to others, though... I think if you're going to cheat you should make your own codes. It's at least as much work to hack the code to make an item as it would be to just get it :P

Sep 24, 2001, 04:39 PM
Y am i Laughing?!? cuz of you... HAHAHA! Your the reason why I'm laughing... HAHAHA... and One more thing... HAHAHAHAHA!