PDA

View Full Version : Article: PSO has CRASHED

Castelak
Sep 24, 2001, 10:51 AM
testtubebaby writes, "Straight from the horses mouth, Sega has admitted that their most popular game will be out of comission today for 4 to 6 hours due to the server structure crashing.
"The situation as of now is that Phantasy Star Online has crashed. As of now, we do not know how long the game will be down, but it is estimated from four to six hours," said a Sega.Net operator.
The main problem caused by the crash is the loss of Serial Numbers from the Sega.Net memory, so all users must call Sega.Net at 1-800-USA-SEGA and request their Serial Number reinstated."
Just a reminder to those who still cannot get online, to call SEGA and ask them to reset your serial! ^_^;

Sep 24, 2001, 11:14 AM
Wow! Everyone has to call just to get their serial reset? That is alot of phone calls for Sega in one day.

Sep 24, 2001, 11:18 AM
damn i aint gonna be able to play PSO at home til friday night...i sure hope Sega's open on weekends...

opalexian
Sep 24, 2001, 11:24 AM
That sucks!....
...but at least the silly rumors of 'they're banning all v1ers!' is (predictably) false...I was actually thinking about returning my v2 disk if that was the case, 'cause that woulda been a dirty move on Sega's part. : /
Guess I should try and call, but, hell...I don't have my codes with me. O_o;;;
Any word on when the servers are supposed to be back up? Mrrrrrrrr... >: /

Sep 24, 2001, 11:30 AM
OK.. From Sega Tech Matt.. (this isn't his exact words... but close enough)
The American PSO v1 servers are down. They don't know what happened, but all the serial numbers will not work. According to him, (he took my name, number, and birthdate) the authencation code is messed up, and they have been trying to fix it since it started. It looked like it was something simple, but for some reason, can't seem to find it out. He also said that the Technicians believe that Game Shark users may be a cause of this. Hurting the servers, and the damage just accumulated so much, that it's messed up. But, Japanese, European, and PSO V2 players are not having a problem.
So, everyone.. we might just have to wait until V2 to come out so we can get back online :/

Rael
Sep 24, 2001, 11:37 AM
Yeah, they're open weekends.
I called Sunday afternoon. After understandably being on hold for about 45 minutes or so, I spoke with a rep who sounded very burned out. It must have been from taking dozens of calls saying the same thing for hours. Anyways, I gave him the serial numbers, and he confirmed that my character data would still be valid once everything is fixed up. -whew!-

Sep 24, 2001, 11:55 AM
They Don't know when the servers will be back up.
You might have to just wait 2 more days for V2 to come out to get back online.. since the V2 servers are not crashed.

weston
Sep 24, 2001, 12:03 PM
LOL this was a cruel joke for sega to play. I was soo mad last night because of this but now its funy. LOL ok im off to call sega (again).

Sep 24, 2001, 12:12 PM
Don't you all see what I'm saying??? They can't do anything until they fix the problem with the servers!!! resetting your serial number will not do anything right now. All they'll do is take your name and your number.
Eiko

Alielle
Sep 24, 2001, 12:32 PM
This is REALLY hilarious. heh, poor Sega...

Sep 24, 2001, 12:33 PM
They can't do anything yet (1:46 pm Eastern time). The servers are still down and resetting your serial number won't work right now. They just get info from you. Wait till later today...hopefully.

Garnet62900
Sep 24, 2001, 12:38 PM
thank you for someone actually listening to me... the servers are down.. and they(sega) won't do anything to help you.
Sorry about the earlier posts.. I couldn't get my pass to work.
But, as I've said.. they may not get the servers fixed tonight either. You may just have to wait for V2.
This is the reason why I don't use a Game Shark. :/

HedgehogtheSonic
Sep 24, 2001, 01:37 PM
This is bad information in it's ugliest form. I really wish someone would remove this crap from the front page, as it is hurting EVERYONE.

Sep 24, 2001, 07:19 PM
hey you son of a bicth dont blame gameshark for this you cum sucking whore your nothing but a stupid fuck. this has nothing to do with gameshark its just a problem at sega no big deal they`ll fix it . so stop blaming sega BITCH!!!!!!