PDA

View Full Version : Article: Important info for USv2 owners to get online!

Castelak
Sep 26, 2001, 06:54 PM
This is a major error in SEGA's manual for PSOv2... (US version). Apparently http://www.dricas.com/pso/signup_top.html does not work properly. The following address, https://www.dricas.com/pso/signup_top.html works, the "s" added says its going to a secure site. I don't know who found this out first, but thanks Jazzyfox for finding this info out! Now go have some fun! ^_^

Sep 26, 2001, 10:21 PM
what does this mean

Sep 27, 2001, 01:30 AM
Argh - That was pretty obvious, but the Dricas page still doesn't work for me. It claims that I allready have an account once I've finished entering my credit card data. This isn't true of course, and I'm still blocked from going online... Argh, well I've waited so long already, I might as well suck it up and wait until tomorrow to give SOA a call.

Sep 27, 2001, 06:56 AM
The reason no one can get online with thier pso ver 2 usa one is because according to sega "there were too many submissions for hunters liscense " and they were overwhelmed so they said it should be fixed no later then sometime today....it should say when u sign on....incorrect access key...i was really pissed to find out i couldnt get online cuz i was probably the first person to run to a ebworld at 10:00 and buy one. any way i hope they fix it sometime soon cuz i seem to find gugnirs and caliburs in v hard and ultimate.......where r all the varista? db saber? or red handgun? MEGID ALL THE WAY! ^.^

Star_Gemini
Sep 27, 2001, 08:35 AM
I dont get incorrect key errors. I get Network Errors
When I try to connect my ISP connects then the screen stops for a min then shows a screen that says theres a network error and the line D/Cs

Sep 27, 2001, 08:52 AM
argh! Why didn't they say this in my email? Evil! I can't find the red handguna and I need to get online to find it. I find everything else like dbs saber and varista! Hope they fix it today so I can buy my license and go online without it saying "Incorrect Access Key". I hate that! They better fix it today!

OoXEROoO
Sep 27, 2001, 08:53 AM
i think its the same issue

Sep 27, 2001, 11:02 AM
yesterday i bought ver 2 the second eb open, but for the last 24 hours my bro and i have been trying to get a hunters license. i called sega and some hick told me "there are a lot of people in the east coast have been having a hand time purchasing a hunters license, so try to do it in a few hours". guess what i live there. well i am a day older and no hunters license soon i am going to go insane. i cant believe that we put so much money into this one game and they always have problems as stupid as this. if someone gets info on how to get the hunters license please post it. thank u.....

Sep 27, 2001, 11:28 AM
Gah I put my order for a hunters licence at the site and I still cant get on what the hell is up with that? Whats this damn network error? And why the hell can some ver2 ppl get on me and a whole mess of others cant get on god sega doesnt know jack do they? you would think that they would know a whole lot of ppl would be trying to get a hunters license god this is just classic sega irresponsiblity.

jazzyfox
Sep 27, 2001, 11:36 AM
http:// tells your browser to use the HTTP protocol to access the page. It is an unsecure, unencrypted protocol.
https:// tells your browser to use the HTTPS protocol, which is an encrypted, secure version of HTTP, something very beneficial when you're sending your card over the internet :)

Sep 27, 2001, 11:57 AM
that's bull so you're saying you don't get instant acess from the dricas page??? Is that page a sega own site?I know it has the sega logo but i'm juts a little concern that's all!

OoXEROoO
Sep 27, 2001, 12:04 PM
I HAVE MORE BAD NEWS FOR PEOPLE WHO CANT GET ON......I CALLED SEGA RECENTLY AND THEY SAID....TRY AGAIN LATE TODAY OR EARLY TOMMORROW! THIS IS OBSURD! WE WANNA PLAY IT!!! ALSO PEOPLE WHO SIGNED FOR THIER HUNTER LISCENSE TODAY INSTEAD OF YESTARDAY WILL BE ABLE TO GET ONLINE! THIS IS TOTALLY F*CKED UP!!! ISNT IT SUPPOSED TO BE FIRST COME FIRST SERVED? THE PEOPLE WHO WENT TO EB LIKE ME WHEN THE STORE OPEN CANT PLAY BUT THE PEOPLE WHO WENT TO EB AND JUS FOR THE FUN OF IT CAN GO ONLINE!!!! THIS IS A TORTURE MOVE BY SEGA! NOW MY FRIEND IS BRAGGING ABOUT ONLINE SOCCER AND BATTLE MODE WHILE IM STRUGGLING IN ULT CAVE! AND WHERE R THE RARES!?!? THIS IS RIDICULOUS AND SEGA BETTER BE DONT WITH THIS "MAINTENECE" BY TODAY!

OoXEROoO
Sep 27, 2001, 12:15 PM
IS IT ME OR IS IT THAT EVERYONE WHO BOUGHT VER 2 FROM EB HAS A PROBLEM WITH THIER GAME

Sep 27, 2001, 01:28 PM
Well I used my credit card and it said invalid serial and access numbers. I entered them 3 times and the same results no lisence. So instead I used my ATM/check/debit card and it worked. So if you have a ATM, debit or check card use it. Dont worry I have done this many times when a credit card was needed and nothing bad has happend.

Sep 27, 2001, 01:30 PM
Nope no problems here.

Taino
Sep 27, 2001, 01:40 PM
its the second day and i still cant get online!!!!!!!!!
whats so hard to fix some access keys!!!!!!!!
i need to play pso ver 2!!!!!!!!!
getting weak.......need pso ver 2..........
aaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrgggggggggghhhhhhhhhh............. ..

Sep 27, 2001, 03:48 PM
I bought mine from EB and it worked fine for me. I signed up yesterday around 12:30 est. Must just be overloaded since then. Taht explains why there is soe few vers2 US players on.

Sep 27, 2001, 05:45 PM
How do you use an atm card to pay for the hunters license?

Sep 27, 2001, 06:45 PM
worked fine for me to
but when i was online coming from one lobby to try to go to another the game froze one me. so version 2 has its own bsod only you dont get a black screen
lost everything not eqipped

emmanuel1
Sep 27, 2001, 08:50 PM
Well i get ver.2 and my hunter licenses today and whent i try to log on i cant i get a messages that say"incorrect key try again later"(i not shure about the message but it some thing like that)i need help from some of you guys.

Coran_Horn
Sep 27, 2001, 10:28 PM
Well, that's odd. the instructions in my copy have the "s" on http. I guess I'm just special :)
I'm gonna set up to get online tommorow.

Dragon_Edge5
Sep 28, 2001, 01:59 AM
ATM card? Can that really be used to get online. haven''t gotten PSO ver 2 yet, but I want any info on all available methods of payment, since I have no Credit card

Sep 28, 2001, 09:18 AM
Same with me. I went online, got my license, and went to go online and it said "Incorrect access key. Please confirm and try again". I mailed sesga and we'll see what happens. Maybe somebody majorly screwed up and gave us fake access keys. The funny thing is that I can play offline but not online.

OoXEROoO
Sep 28, 2001, 09:46 AM
OK THIS IS IT!!!! ITS THE 3RD DAY OF PSO VER 2 AND WE STILL CANT GET ON!! DIFF OPERATORS TELL ME DIFFERENT THINGS! I NEED TO KNOW RIGHT NOW IF IT CAN BE FIXED!! IM TIRED OF OFFLINE MODE! I WANNA BATTLE ALREADY! MY FRIEND IS SO LUCKY HE GOT ON BUT WHAT ABOUT THE REST OF US?! THE WEEKEND IS NEAR AND IM SURE WE ALL WANNA PLAY VER 2 ALREADY! AND WHY ISNT THERE A POST FOR A EXPLAINATION BY PSOWORLD ABOUT THIS PROBLEM?! IVE BEEN NICE TO SEGA REPS UP UNTIL NOW! I HAD IT! MY BIRTHDAY JUST PASSED AND ITS TURNING INTO A BAD WEEK! THEY TOLD ME IT COULD TAKE A DAY OR EVEN MONTHS!!!!!!!!! THIS IS RIDICULOUS IM GONNA CALL AS SOON AS THE CLOCK HITS 2:30 AND TELL THEM IM FED UP... I SUGGEST EVERYONE WHO HAD IT WITH OFFLINE MODE TO DO THE SAME! WE ALL PAYED FOR VER 2 AND WE ALL GOT IT AS SOON AS WE COULD! THEY HAD TILL JULY 10 (origanl pso ver 2 date) TO SET EVERYTHING UP! AND INSTEAD THEY BOMBARD US WITH THIS STUPID PROBLEM! ITS FRIDAY IM SUPPOSED TO BE HAPPY BUT IM NOT CUZ I CANT GET ON! IF ANYONE WHO READS THIS CANT GET ONLINE, MAKE A STAND! IM TOTALLY TICKED THAT SEGA IS IGNORING OUR REQUEST TO SPEED THINGS UP! I NEED ANSWERS NOT QUESTIONS! IF THIS PROBLEM CANT BE FIXED THEN WE LOSE ALL OUR CHARACTERS WE TRANSFERRED! SEGA SHURE NO'S HOW TO JACK US OF OUR FUN SOMETIMES
AND WHERE R THE RARES? I BEAT ICE DRAGON 4 TIMES AND I FOUND NO VER 2 RARES! I ONLY FIND LVL 19 RAFOIES AND SUCH.IF U HAVE A ANSWER TO THE QUESTION PLZ REPLY! ALSO MAKE SHURE TO LET SEGA NO U R PISSED OFF AND GIVE EM A CALL!

OoXEROoO
Sep 28, 2001, 10:35 AM
5176557i147644444444

Sep 28, 2001, 11:12 AM
Well I went to that site posted on top of this page.I enter all the info and my credit cadr number it DID SAY INVALID SN# I recheked everything and it was fine O_o so i resubmitted and it said you already have purchase a hunter license comeback again when it's exprired.So I went on my DC and VOILA! I was getting my @ss kcked left and right but u know what I LOVE IT LMAO!

Taino
Sep 28, 2001, 03:24 PM
I FIGURED IT OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
if you are having problems with gettin on its probably cause u tried to use a check card (a bank card that works like a credit card that u can also use as an atm card) thing is in japan they dont have such things so u have to exchange your game(take it back to the store and get a new one) and try it again but this time use a REAL credit card. i used master card. dont worry they wont charge u for the first attempt. And if they do just call sega and they will fix it.

Sep 28, 2001, 04:13 PM
NO!!!!!! THERE IS SOMETHING WRONG B/C I HAVE A MASTER CARD AND IT IS STILL SOMETHING WRONG!!! I HATE SEGA !!!! I WISH, AND HOPE BE4 BIN LADEN KILLS HIMSELF THAT HE HAS ONE OF THOSE CRAZY MEN, BOMB SEGA FOR THIS BLATANT ERROR!!!!!! OR AS THE SEGA REPS SAY " SORRY 4 THE INCONVENIENCE!!!!

OoXEROoO
Sep 28, 2001, 06:41 PM
OK I HAVE FIGURED IT OUT THANKS TO THE FOLKS AT SEGA! OK THE REASON U CANT GET CONNECTED WHEN IT SAYS "INCORRECT ACCESS KEY" IS BECAUSE U ENETERED SOMETHING WRONG! EVERYTHING HAS TO BE CORRECT. FOR ME....I ENTERED THE CARD HOLDERS BIRTHDAY WRONG SO IF U CANT CONNECT ASK SEGA TO SEARCH UR SERIAL NUMBER AND SEE IF U HAVE A HUNTER LISCENSE.....THE SCREEN SAID I DID BUT I ACTUALLY DIDNT!. I HAVE TO WAIT TILL TOMMORROW TO TRY AGAIN! ANYWAY I HOPE EVERYTHING WORKS OUT! :)

Sep 28, 2001, 08:29 PM
oOXerOoo, its me selphie, anyway, i have had a problem getting a hunters license 4 three days. i have filled out the whole form correctly and it still gives me that " i have already purchased a hunters license and the i should buy one went it is invaild" and i have to wait 23 hour to reapply., but that is bullsh*t. i think that dricas website sucks and they needed to fix it when the japanese where playing ver 2 for the first time. the sega reps. r a bunch of southern hicks and sluts the never seen a japanese person be4 and know NOTHING ABOUT PSO ver2! anyway ill be on with mieu, and a new char. named kid A because i converted selphie and disco chick. ttyl

Sep 29, 2001, 12:01 PM
PLEASE HELP, I BOUGHT A HUNTERS LISCENSE FROM DRICAS, MY CONNECTION WORKS FINE, BUT AFTER I GET THOUGH IT COMES UP WITH "connection to server failed due to network error(s) please try again later" if anyone has this problem or can help PEASE REPLY, i wanna play dammit!lol, thanks

OoXEROoO
Sep 29, 2001, 04:53 PM
Hi sup selphie if u read this message i can tell u y it sayd u got hunter liscense already!....um....can i get ur phone number? or u can mail me at [email protected]

Oct 3, 2001, 12:46 PM
hi I own pso v2 (usa) import and i need to know if i can go online with it although i live in the uk if so how can i ????????????? plz help me!

Oct 6, 2001, 01:15 AM
ok i get the same thing about the incorrect serial number but the thing is i went back to play the original pso it says my serial is in use with another dc but the thing is it is not in use with another dc beacuse i never used it on a diff dc so i cant play version 1 nor can i get online with version 2 the person i talked to at sega said they would reset my ver 1 serial number but they blew smoke up my *** beacuse i still cant get online with ver 1 or 2 if anyone can help please email me at [email protected] or if anyone else has this incorrect serial number problem try playing version one and tell me if you can get on or not it is really appreciated thx

Oct 17, 2001, 03:03 PM
hi!!! fck im from germany ive pay 80 dollar, cannot go online!!!!!!And my old chrater ist in the fcking prison from this vol 2 !!!SUPPPER

Dec 1, 2001, 02:29 PM
yo were do u get the hunters shyt from i had 2 come here 2 do it right???