PDA

View Full Version : Article: PSO V.2 is offline for a few days!

Castelak
Sep 29, 2001, 03:57 PM
Locarno writes, "Ok guys and gals. Here's the scoop. I finally got a hold of a real rep from sega on the phone (the way you do this is when the voice comes on after you dialed, press 1. wait for the voice again, then press 1. wait again, press 2. After that, wait for voice, then press 1. then, wait again, and press 2. Then wait). He said that there was a big hiccup in the online server and it has crashed. After they fix it, the hunter's licenses that didn't make it online will be terminated then you'll have to redo them. Those lucky few who can get online still can, but the rest will just have to wait till they fix the cash server. Basically, Phantasy Star Online Ver.2 is mostly mostly offline for all except the lucky few, he did not give an estimated time when it would be fixed."
This could provide some relief for those who STILL cannot get online. All you can do is wait!

Locarno
Sep 29, 2001, 07:29 PM
he just emailed and said that it should be fixed by monday but he wasn't sure.

Sep 29, 2001, 08:11 PM
so this mean if u were able to get online earlier then you will still be able to get on now

Lord_Ariakas
Sep 29, 2001, 08:14 PM
I glad i'm only buying that game in late october....maybe it will actually work by then. :P

Riel
Sep 29, 2001, 08:17 PM
Ummm.....i'm not sure what this means....to get my hunter license,i clicked the link from the first page here on friday,with my PC,using IE by the way,and had the hunter license all set-up in minutes.I then went online a little later,converted my guys and never had a problem on saturday and sunday to play.What about those who had their HL from PSO V2 japanese for a long time i cant log in anymore,like Danger Girl?????This should not affect them and they still cant play..i think it's more then that...something somewhere is losing packets to their servers,but only from specific ISP's and areas.If they want to fix this they should shut down PSO completly for a day and work on it so everyone can play.

Coran_Horn
Sep 29, 2001, 08:18 PM
so....I'll have to pay 15 bucks and buy another hunter's license once it's fixed?

Locarno
Sep 29, 2001, 08:52 PM
Yes, you have to buy another license. Sega said that they won't charge you for the first one since it got screwed. Those lucky few who got theirs through get to play online while we wait till monday or later.

Sep 29, 2001, 09:24 PM
Well then, I expected worst posts to stem from this article. Thank the light there wasn't any, although this has only been up for a little while so its far from over.

Coran_Horn
Sep 29, 2001, 10:52 PM
How did some get thorugh? My firend can get online, but I can't. How come he can get on and I can't. I'm confused how they only lost some of the information.

Sep 30, 2001, 01:34 AM
this is typical sega......they suck.like my first pso disk. this one will be a coffee
coaster too.

Sep 30, 2001, 07:14 AM
if i am able to get online does this mean i have to reregister for my hunters licsense

Sep 30, 2001, 07:36 AM
Now...i am able to get online and i didn't even get a license...no dricas account...no nothing...is something wrong with this?

Mindblade
Sep 30, 2001, 09:39 AM
Intresting....
I'm able to play v2 online(Yay!) right now. I see a LOT of v2ers there. This CAN'T be too widespread of a problem.

Locarno
Sep 30, 2001, 10:25 AM
to answer your questions, if your online already, no, you are ok, you don't need a new hunters license. And also, this is a huge widespread problem. The sega guy said that there are about 11k calls about this. Lot's of people have this problem, me included. Hopefully, it'll be fixed by tomorrow or tuesday.

Darrin-22
Sep 30, 2001, 12:25 PM
The same thing happened to me, I called
1800-USA-SEGA and they told me to wait because of some kink in the system. I was mad because I just got PSOv2 and I started a new character and then when I got to about level 15 I attempted to go onlinje but it won't let me. My brother converted his character and got On-Line no problem. Anyway Sega said the will get the "Bugs" out in 10/1/01. Thats what they told me.

Crawurm
Sep 30, 2001, 12:55 PM
Well mybe its good that we get our first HL for free and have to wait...... well i think its a good thing

Sep 30, 2001, 01:48 PM
well, i got my ver2 the first day it came out and i have the same problem even now! jesus, please let it work soon! im gonna crap myself if it doesnt work early this week!! and for everyone else who is experiencing this tragedy, keep praying!! so as u can see, this isant a new problem. sega is stupiid for not fixing this before they decided to release it! but i need my pso! pso2 people make fun of me online even! oh well. complaning never got anyone anywhere but it sure is fun. god help sega!!!!!!

Sep 30, 2001, 05:28 PM
I Dont No When first got Ver 2 I was able to go online after a few hours of tring and it told me to go buy a hunters licence but i didnt sice i dont got a credit card but than later that night i just tried to get online again and it worked but now when i try to go online its says "Hunter Licences has Expaire please go to the Webpage amdm Purches a new one but i never bought one in the first place.

Oct 1, 2001, 01:10 PM
Well this isn't totally Sega's fault. They had a huge influx of people all trying to do the same thing at once. All logging into the webpage at once, and then going online to PSO. It's amazing that anyone actually got on :P
Reminds me of the day in Ultima Online, when they opened housing in the new lands (anyone who plays UO knows what I'm talkinga bout). Everything crashed, and it was a big disaster. Despite the fact that they tested it all out for months, and everyone was getting really impatient. Things happen.

Oct 1, 2001, 07:21 PM
It says my hunters licsense has been confirmed but when i go online, as Im bursting, right when im about to get to the lobby it freezes, whats the deal?

Oct 2, 2001, 05:29 PM
Is this thing fixed or not? Ic ant find info anywhere else about this matter

Oct 2, 2001, 06:28 PM
It still aint working for me! I still get the message saying 'Incorrect pso (original version) serial number" when it should go to the ship select screen.
Aaaaagggghhhhhh!

Locarno
Oct 2, 2001, 08:50 PM
UPDATE!!! The guy said that it should be fixed as early as really late tonight or early tomorrow morning. After it is fixed, you should apply for a new hunters license as soon as you can. The guy I talked to yesterday said the same thing. I still don't know but their supervisor is going to call me sometime tonight, according to the guy I talked to. Hopefully, this will be fixed by tomorrow.

MarkXIII
Oct 2, 2001, 11:02 PM
It better be.....or....or else.....or else nuttin. Damn waiting sux!!

Oct 4, 2001, 10:55 PM
Same thing happens to me, it freezes, what is the deal with that?

Oct 5, 2001, 09:23 PM
Wait, we're supposed to get a new hunter's liscense? We don't have to pay for a new one, do we?

Locarno
Oct 7, 2001, 06:51 PM
yes u will. Sega won't charge for the first one you submitted. IT's still not fixed. I'm getting really pissed off (at sega, not those posting responses. lol). Sega better fix this soon.

MarkXIII
Oct 8, 2001, 02:09 PM
I am about ready to give up on ever getting online with ver2. I am really disapointed that Sega has allowed this to happen to the people that actualy waited for the domestic release. They should have just let everyone through free till they can get their heads out of their ass's an fix the problem. Dinglebary comes out with a code an they can patch it within a week or two but they cant get HL to work even though they been selling them to the Japanese players for a year now. Makes no sense! Wouldnt it be nice as well if some of the major sites did some reporting on this? I havent seen jack on any site, why???? Maybe cuz everybody imported an they dont give a crap?

Oct 9, 2001, 09:50 AM
I am about to give up too... I keep calling and get the same response! "We're sorry, but ally ou can do is keep trying".
BAH!
C"mon Sega... I love my dreamcast... WTF?

Oct 9, 2001, 06:24 PM
Ok, I can't even get on with my v.1 or v.2 so all i have to say about this is.... GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY, oh and this sucks!

Star_Gemini
Oct 9, 2001, 06:59 PM
Does anyone even know what the problem is? Everyone just says "the problem" or "the servers" What is the real problem and why is it so big that it has taken almost a week?

Oct 9, 2001, 10:07 PM
Actaually it has been a little over a week, closer to 2 weeks than 1 one week.

Oct 11, 2001, 12:56 PM
Here's the problem guys I called the guys at Sega and they said they made the servers to small to fit everyone in, they said it could take 48 hours to a week to fix. They said try 3 times a day if u still can't get. If u can't u could even call Sega. That would probably be the best thing to see the progess they made.

Star_Gemini
Oct 11, 2001, 05:26 PM
heh I try every day before I go to work, thats around 9:00 EST everyday then I try when I get home, thats around 6 or 7 and it's been over a week >_> I guess when the servers come back from their vacation we can all post here to let everyone know (unless PSO-world beats us too it) :P