PDA

View Full Version : Article: More XBox/Gamecube V.2 Details!

Castelak
Oct 13, 2001, 12:51 PM
BobJones writes, "Reported by MAMAK (http://www.mamak-int.com/index2.htm), in the XBox/Gamecube version of PSO there seems to be an additional 1 or 2 stages. One of them seems to be a new forest level! Enemies that appear in that stage have either Native, A.Beast or Machine attributes. So it appears, bringing just 1 weapon along now won't be enough. Additional new boss(es?) reports that the new boss(es) look somewhat like a Chimera, Demon or Griffon. Addition of a trade window to protect users against thieves. Pictures avaliable at MAMAK (http://www.mamak-int.com/index2.htm)."
Other info from Gamespot (http://www.mamak-int.com/index2.htm">MAMAK</a> includes that on Oct. 19th, a new upgraded FAMITSU quest will come about and all v2 weapons will be unbanned online! Due to the fact that cheating is still quite easy on the DC version, the GC/Xbox servers are now officially not to be linked with DC. What does this mean? 1. Probobly no new v2 quests for the DC version. 2. No playability between DC and GC/Xbox users, a wise move in my opinion. PSO addicts such as myself will now have to decide: Gamecube or Xbox version? UPDATE: Gamespot now has a trailer of PSO for GC!! Shows all 3 new classes in action, the new swamp level, and the new "Gar-Griffon" boss, plus more info about the levels! Head on over to <a href="http://gamespot.com/gamespot/stories/news/0,10870,2817890,00.html) to watch the trailer!

Oct 13, 2001, 01:14 PM
does this mean that PK items and such will be able to be used without being banned? and does this mean that we are paying 15$ for absolutly NOTHING! no new quests or anything of the kind?
this is BULL SH*T!

Oct 13, 2001, 01:32 PM
Ya thats pretty much right dude...we got scerewed again. If i were you i would avoid any upcoming PSO title, as we will more than likely be screwed again, and again, and again.....dam ST to hell

Oct 13, 2001, 01:54 PM
Why does everyone assume that ST is dumping the support of us DCers? Just because all the weapons are unbanned, everyone assumes that there will be no new quests, no maintaince, no locking out cheaters, etc...
ST can manage BOTH the DC and the X-Box/GC servers just fine, I imagine. It's not like it would be overly diffucult to continue supporting the DC version.

beamscythe
Oct 13, 2001, 03:15 PM
Stupid cheaters always ruining it for us. I don't think anymore, I KNOW the Dreamcast is over after the release of Bomberman Online, if that even IS going to be released for the Dreamcast. Yeah, I think PSO v2 will now be full of people who PK and such, almost like a thief base or something. I hate cheaters.
Yeah, I doubt there will be any new quests later, or any new anythings.

Oct 13, 2001, 03:30 PM
well..if ST is going to bring PSO out on the crap-box then maybe they will port it over to PS2 like a smart company once they get there internet up...at least is it not going to be totally on that GAY-CUBE and it is on a new system

Star_Gemini
Oct 13, 2001, 03:42 PM
I dont doubt they will just give up on us. Hell it's been over a week and the US v2 is STILL down.

On an unrelated topic.... is it just me or are ALL cheaters HUmars with black hair and costume?

Gren
Oct 13, 2001, 04:38 PM
Gay-cube? CrapBox? Are you fucking nuts? Those two systems are going to rule the console wars.
Face it dumbass, PS2 is the last of the Old-Gen systems...

Oct 13, 2001, 05:14 PM
"Gay-cube"? What are you 5?!?! If there is anything more that I hate than fanboys, it's immature fanboys!

MarkXIII
Oct 13, 2001, 05:22 PM
Well, lets see.... I would have a better opinion of them if after three weeks of playing ver2 i could actualy buy a HL an get online. This doesnt seem to be that hard of a problem for them to figure out. How quick have they patched Dinglebary's codes before? Yet there are lots an lots of people stuck offline with no answers as to why. Why did they make it so all ver2 quests would not work with the U.S. ver2? Seems like that was done on purpose. I feel like i've been had!

Mindblade
Oct 13, 2001, 06:43 PM
Well, I guess this could be cool. I HIGHLY DOUBT ST will gust give up on DC.
Anyway, if they do, let's hope there's compatibility between the GC and X-Box versions, so the PSO community isn't split.
Also, let's hope they figure out a way to convert .VMI files to the GC and X-Box equilvlent. ^_^

Oct 13, 2001, 08:00 PM
PS2 doesnt deserve this game... they deserve BETTER online games...

Oct 13, 2001, 08:50 PM
hehe
idiot
the ps2 sux!!!!! i've had that thing for a while now and all it does is collect dust. i do admit that there are FINALLY some games comin out for it that i'm lookin forward to but really, if i had to wait this long for a few good games then screw ps2. i'm really lookin forward to a lamecube...er, gamecube. :o hopefully i'll be able to afford an x box as well.....but i'll probably get a gamecube first. as for pso, well, after st jus abandoning ver. 2 for dc i think i'll hold off on any of their games....for a LONG LONG time. maybe if the gamecube or x box version are free instead of havin to pay a fee i might consider gettin it. but then...i just bought my hunter's license for the dc version to find that they already abandoning it.....bah! screw sonic team. i'm sick of em.

Chaos_Knight
Oct 13, 2001, 09:24 PM
Well, I don't think that they are going to unban PK items. They probably meant all items that could be legitimately obtained.
Hmm, what about the Joint Parts quest? If this doesn't get released, then there are going to be a lot of pissed off people who were looking forward to the Double Cannon and Guldmilla without having to accept a hack to get them (me for one). Heck, this would mean all currently banned items could not ever be legitimately obtained.
If that's the case, then I guess ST is encouraging hacking now. Heck, I don't see any reason not to trade or something for those items anymore if they don't give a way to actually obtain them.

Oct 14, 2001, 01:39 AM
I always get a good laugh out of you PS2 fanboys, especially how you say it will be the great survivor of the 128 bit console wars. I can't wait until the PS2 becomes obsolete this November, when it'll be ruled out by Xbox and GameCube. Gloat while you can kiddies, you only have a few weeks :)

Oct 14, 2001, 01:40 AM
I always get a good laugh out of you PS2 fanboys, especially how you say it will be the great survivor of the 128 bit console wars. I can't wait until the PS2 becomes obsolete this November, when it'll be ruled out by Xbox and GameCube. Gloat while you can kiddies, you only have a few weeks :)

Oct 14, 2001, 01:40 AM

Malkavian
Oct 14, 2001, 09:06 AM
I will buy GC version!! Cheaper, better control pad, and Nintendo is a kind company not like those fukkin da costumer Microsoft, maybe they change their attitude with the xbox but with the Windows users they haven't did great.... >_<! M$ get outta my way!

Oct 14, 2001, 11:24 AM
What are u talkin about? US v2 servers are not down.....i just played it last night...