PDA

View Full Version : Article: What's known for PSO on other platform for the moment

Castelak
Oct 16, 2001, 05:29 PM
BobJones writes, "MAMAK (http://www.mamak-int.com) reports new information about the GC, X-Box, and PC versions of PSO. Gamecube
- Release date expected to sometime in March X-Box
- PSO for X-Box is slated to be released, date and pricing will be announced later.
- Because X-Box is broadband only, Naka-san wants to try to find a way to work around this so it isn't just limited to people who have Broadband.
- Voice chat is being considered for the X-Box version of PSO PC version
- Development for the PC version is slow, this is due to many other projects ST have on hand
- Release date likely to be delayed, pricing to be announced later
- Current testing shows there are problems with the game security for PC version
- Voice chat is also being considered for the PC version of PSO
- Additional language support such as Mandarin & Korean"
Which brings up an interesting rivalry between the GC and Xbox versions, with the Xbox PSO containing voice chat, what will convince people to buy the Gamecube version? Hopefully it will be given to both, thanks for the info MAMAK (http://www.mamak-int.com)!

Gren
Oct 16, 2001, 05:54 PM
Voice chat really doesn't matter to me...I've played Alien Front Online, the voice just seems to slow the connection down...

Oct 16, 2001, 08:46 PM
Voice chatting, if done correctly, and over broadband (remember, the x-box is broadband only) should cause no slow down for gaming. I've played Q3 on my PC while doing real time voice chat with a half dozen people at once (yes, real time, not this record and send crap that Alien Front uses) and it didn't effect the game at all.

watashiwa
Oct 16, 2001, 09:45 PM
"Current testing shows there are problems with the game security for PC version"
I'd like to take this time out to say .. NO SHIT?

vanhalendlrband
Oct 17, 2001, 01:27 AM
Any chance of a PS2 version? Even though most people don't like it, sales are the figure! It would make no sense if SEGA didn't release it on PS2, thats where they would make the most money. And if there is problems with the PC version and its security then we might as well just put all four systems (DC GC XBOX and PC) together on the game, i'm already ticked enough that we're not gettin to play with GC XBOX and PC. You tellin' me there won't be Gameshark on XBOX and GC? Gimme a break, it'll happen on GC and XBOX too, and on PC for sure! You gotta be crazy to put it on PC, that'll be hacked way easier then DC! I hate hacking but its gonna happen until SEGA can figure out how to counter act GAMESHARK properly!

Oct 18, 2001, 02:59 PM
they should finally put it on the PS2 and get it off of that CRAP-box and the GAYcube...perhaps ST will do something smart for a change

Oct 19, 2001, 09:34 AM
PS2 is to weak man

Oct 20, 2001, 01:06 PM
Yeah man, X-Box and Gamecube are the only contenders in the console wars. PS2 blows dogs for quarters.

Apr 15, 2002, 05:28 PM
I have been a pso fan sence it came out for dreamcast and i have spent over 200 hours on it and i cant wait for it to come out when is it coming out this year ? next year ? will there be new wepons, mags, shields , levels and new charters.