PDA

View Full Version : Article: Beware of the fake town

Castelak
Nov 5, 2001, 05:35 PM
Steve II writes, "There is a new weird code in PSO it sends you to a fake town, while your in a lobby, there aren't any NPC's there, just the town. SadnessofDEL says not to do anything in the fake town, or else you could get banned, just save and quit and you'll be fine, or so he says. The original article can be viewed here (http://www.cmgsccc.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=15679)."
Make sure to just quit and save, don't want anyone to get hurt now. ^_^;

ufoxalien
Nov 5, 2001, 05:52 PM
This is great. What next, how many other ways can the hackers on the dark side screw with us...?

Hulex
Nov 5, 2001, 06:26 PM
1) I don't really quite get this one...more detail please?
2) I am getting fsking tired of these god damn hackers. When the fuck are they just going to give up? First the good old fashion CK. Then this NOL thing. Now it's a fsking fake town that could potentially get you banned?! Sounds to me that Barubary and his gang of pocket-protector baised buddies are really fskin bored these past weeks.
*takes happy pill*
Anyway, thanks for letting us know about it ^_^;

Nov 5, 2001, 07:09 PM
I was there I swear! Me and my buds were chilling in a lobby and then my screen began to fade black, next thing I know we're all in the dam Pioneer 2! It's so dumb its funny, don't worry I dropped a scape doll and I just got d/c no big, I just signed back on no bans. It don't do anything to ya characters either, it's just to piss you off a lot. Like the guy said, save and quit no big deal. Just watch ya backs ppls!

bambie
Nov 6, 2001, 03:15 AM
this also happended to me tonight i saw the guild screen wasnt sure what the hell was going on so i pulled out my vmu and i landed on the ship now what i did get was a frozen pic of it and some names i have a good memerory but thatt not thatt good i got half of name of the gser i went back after checkingg my char that sadly lost all her money oh well.
anyways i went back on and caught up to this gser easly iddentified bye the big bubble chat then i confronted him and chewed him out i think he was about to do it again he wouldnt talk to at all anyways they name was kinda hard to make out it was something like this 6/!#$$#%/6 he was a black humar anyways after harrasing him for a bit he just left i let every one who he was and what he did

ITO
Nov 6, 2001, 01:23 PM
Well this code is not so bad, I mean you can just save and quit and everything will be alright.. but it sure can get really anoying.

Nov 6, 2001, 04:18 PM
While this hasn't happened to me personally, I was watching my brother play and it happened to him. He was on Pioneer 2 with about 5 or 6 other visible players, and there were more people that were stuck in the Hunter's Guild and invisible, much like what happened to some people when they were NOL'd. While in Pioneer 2, there were no doors on the rooms, no NPCs period, not even behind the desks at the store or the bank, etc. Also, about 10 minutes after this happened, we got another load screen. Soon after, we were in a normal Lobby, or so it seemed. We couldn't see ourselves or move around, but we could see other people chatting in the "Pioneer 2" we were just in, and we could see people loading in the lobby we were stuck in.
When you exit a game, it will load, then flash a picture of the lobby, and if someone said something after you pushed the "A" button on Pioneer 2 in the transporter to return to the Lobby. This is the picture we saw, yet we could still see people moving and loading in this lobby. Crazy stuff. I surfed over to Sega's official forums and read some guy named Snowfox or something to that effect bragging about crashing servers. This may just be one step in the server crashes. Anyway stay safe/

Nov 7, 2001, 11:14 AM
I already had a hard enough time finding some people to do challenge with. Now these little punks are clearing out entire lobbies the "designated" sites are going to dry up real quick. Oh, another thing the two times this has happened to me so far I couldn't just save and quit, I had to turn of my dreamcast and lose whatever was not equipped. Errrr :( I hope this is patched real quick.

Chaos_Knight
Nov 7, 2001, 11:21 AM
Yeah, that happened to me as well. I tried to save and quit and got FSOD right when I confirmed my choice. :/ I just hope I don't get hit with that right when I choose my S-rank.

Sonic1787DC
Nov 7, 2001, 05:15 PM
Aw geeze, now lobbies aren't even safe lol... oh well no biggy :-D

Nov 9, 2001, 07:56 PM
Like the NOL code, it works on subroutines built into the game already. Unlike the NOL code, its not that harmful. It happened to me once, and a bunch of us chatted for a while. After all, it's not everyday you have more than four people on pionneer 2. As for getting banned, it didnt happen to me. The real pain is that all transporters are gone. Ah well, at least you keep your character intact. The main protagonist of this is terrorist x. If you see him in a lobby, you may as well leave. Also the code can be used within a game room itself as well. Play safe.
The Anti-NOL.
www.geocities.com/nolmustdie

Nov 13, 2001, 07:09 AM
Wrong you cant quit and save it will fsod you the only way out ias to pull out ur line from ur dreamcast and let that d/c you dont quit and save it will only lead 2 fsod I would know its happened to me...

Apr 16, 2002, 09:22 PM
Hi,my PSO user names are: Madman X, Jake, or Lola {XT}. I know how to edit a fake town and the code is easy to find. Well being the leader of a cloan you kinda have to know this kinda stuff. I know that the hackers can find the codes at websites they find links to from such seach providers as: Google, Ask, and AOL. I am just mad how eveyone NOL's and am getting pissed. If you ever have anything bad happen to you email me at [email protected] or Instant Message me and I will take careof the problem. Remeber we are a GOOD clan that gets rid ofBAD clans sch as VX and Hooligans. Well I se you said a black HUmar? That very could've been Terrorist X, the best all time PSO hacker. Thank you ansd remember to email me or I will be playing 7days a week from 3pm-8pmET.

(iwasatbaseballpracticetonightandtherewasadragrace andcopsstartedchsingemthereweretwomotorcycleslikef lyyyyingdownthestreetanditwascool!)
|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
-Madman X, Lola (XT}, Jake