PDA

View Full Version : Article: New quests, O-o and lots of em!

Castelak
Nov 8, 2001, 04:43 PM
alisha writes, "Original News article from Gamespot Japan, translated by Zwei from MAMAK (http://www.mamak-int.com/index2.htm). 'New Quest to be released this November 16th! Entitled `Miraihemukatte' or Towards the Future. It will be very similar to Famitsu Maximum Attack, where you have to clear all the enemy bosses including Dark Falz! The no. of enemies that you wipe out, as well as the time taken to clear and the no. of deaths incurred WILL affect your ranking. If you manage to clear this quest on both hard & Ultimate mode under a certain set condition, an ultimate weapon maybe awarded to you as a present provided! The quest will feature many unexpected surprises as well as a change to the radar system. In additionally, All endless nightmare & win-back quest will be made ultimate mode compatible! That's a total of 7 online quests being released this Nov. 16th!"
Everyone likes new quests right? Thanks for the translation MAMAK.

Ikari
Nov 8, 2001, 05:57 PM
None of them will be for US players.
DAMN YOU ST.

Obsidian
Nov 8, 2001, 07:11 PM
I don't understand why <i>everyone</i> didn't just import. We got it way earlier, our Hunters License is about half the cost of yours, we get all the quests and extras, and by the time you got your hands on the US v2, our characters were already above the level of your characters, or some people just used an xploder to convert their US v1 characters.<p>I guess I just don't see the reasons why people didn't import.

Gradius
Nov 8, 2001, 07:33 PM
It costs the same for US and Japan version Hunters Licenses

Nov 8, 2001, 07:39 PM
hey guys, just DONT FORGET that these news ARENT officially announced yet

Ikari
Nov 8, 2001, 07:40 PM
Is there an option to switch language settings to english in the JPN version?
Oh well. :)

lugus
Nov 8, 2001, 07:59 PM
There is.Just like most games you can change language.If you could do it in the US ver what makes you think you cant do it in the JP version?

3xLei
Nov 8, 2001, 09:25 PM
I thought they were online quests (not downloadable)... *shrug*

Ikari
Nov 9, 2001, 02:58 AM
Because sometimes there are changes in options/gameplay between versions.
One good example is there was a Final Fantasy game that actually had the difficulty turned WAY down for it's US release.

Obsidian
Nov 9, 2001, 10:23 AM
Nope. I pay $8 for 3 months. You pay $15 for 3 months.

Nov 9, 2001, 10:43 AM
I just got my credit card bill today. I have the US version of PSO 2. It charged me $9.78 for 3 months. So I am only paying $1.78 more to get ripped off with no quests.

Nov 9, 2001, 11:10 AM
it is now

Castelak
Nov 9, 2001, 11:55 AM
If it came from a popular website known as "Gamespot", it's most likely true.

Obsidian
Nov 9, 2001, 07:09 PM
You are either on the 1 month plan, or Sega billed you early because noone has had the US v2 for 3 months. I bet you are being charged $9.78 per month.

Nov 11, 2001, 10:09 PM
On the back of the case it says: "Online access must be purchased in 3 month blocks. Actuall charges will vary depending uppon exchange rates, but will never be higher that $5.00 per month." In other words we pay exactly the same ammount you do.