PDA

View Full Version : Article: In Depth Guide: Towards the Future Quest

Castelak
Nov 21, 2001, 12:04 AM
With the addition of the new online quest "Towards the Future", players can pit themselves against many challenges of all four areas, control the Dragon, and become lovers. But enough about that, I know you're sitting there asking yourself "Ok... so... how do I get some rares?!" Below is a brief guide on obtaining rare items from this new quest, as well as hidden bonuses! <u>Simulation Prizes</u> The total number of enemies in this quest is 197. There are five different ranks you can earn from least to greatest; C, B, A, S, and SS. On earning S and SS rank, you are awarded certain prizes, see below on how to accomplish this. If you see a mistake, please leave a comment or email us! Ultimate Mode
1. Plantain Fan (Rank A, S, and SS, Force Only)
2. Drill Launcher (Rank A, S, and SS, Robot Only)
3. Flight Fan (Rank A, S, and SS, All females except for FOnewearl)
4. Maser Beam (Rank A,S, and SS, Male Ranger Only)
5. Yamigarasu (Rank SS #1, Hunter and Rangers)
6. Plantain Huge Fan (Rank SS #1, All except androids!)
7. Ano Rifle (Rank SS #2, Ranger Only)
8. Blue Ring (Rank SS #2, All Classes)
Very Hard Mode
1. Nei's Claw (S and SS, RAcaseal and HUnewearl)
2. Egg Blaster (S and SS, All Classes) UPDATE: The Very Hard prize choices are bugged. The first choice reads as "EGG BLASTER", but it is really Nei's Claw. The first choice after selecting Nei's Claw really means NO and the second means YES (Sonic Team must of did a snow job on that translation part). The second choice that reads "BLUE RING" is really the Egg Blaster. Note: MAMAK has translated some japanese quest maps for TTF. It shows two ways to gain the SS rank. Click here (http://www.mamak-int.com/strategy/quest/ttf.htm) for more information. Weapons that need the first SS rank method are labled above as #1, second method as #2. Thanks MAMAk for the translations! <u>Mini-quests</u> Play as Dragon/Sil Dragon
Before your party of 4 people fights the Dragon, two members (same sex!!) should teleport to P2. Once aboard, talk to the FOmarl by the checkroom, she will tell you that she lost her papers on the simulator. Once you are done talking to her, make your way to the Principal's Office. Once inside, go behind the desk where Irene usually is standing and collect the FOmarl's papers. Once you return them to her she will give the player a secret code. Pipe back down to Forest 2 and find the console in the first room. Enter the code (the person who joined second is the only one who can play as the Dragon) and bring your whole party to the boss portal. Once the Dragon lands and is ready to fight, the second person who joined becomes the Dragon! It's attacks are below. A = Fire/Ice Breath
B = Tail Whip
X = Fly/Dive/Sweep (Press again after you have let out a "war cry" to dive into the ground, the again to plow through your opponents!)
R = Collapse
Note: The boss fight ends when either the group is killed by the dragon (the player that was the Dragon returns to normal), or when the group kills the dragon (the player that was the Dragon changes to normal, then dies). Striker of Chao Prize
To obtain this wild weapon, you must first need the Paku Paku weapon and the Chao or Robochao mag with you. At the end of completing the simulator, head towards the medical room and take the portal inside. It should drop you off to Ruins 1 and you will recieve the Striker of Chao during the event. (Conditions are not fully known at this moment, Ultimate with SS rank is most likely all that you need.) Love Meter
Grab your Hunny and don't let go! It's time to test your true love in a mini-quest, this only works with two players, one male and one female. The couple must talk to the FOmarl by the bank, she will then give you the activation code for the Love Test. Make your way to the console in the first room of Forest 2 and both of you should enter the code. Hearts will swirl around your two characters for the rest of the testing. Now heres the hard part, you must stay as close as possible to your lover at any cost! Boss fights I believe are not affected by this test, so you may roam freely without nipping at your lovers heels. Always go towards the hearts to increase your love rating. Once the test is over, you may teleport back up to P2 and check your results with the FOmarl. If the results are high enough, you will recieve "Accessories" (Current usage unknown). Mag Evolution
It's finally here! A way to convert those precious game system parts you've been saving since the very begining. Make your way to the Tekker of your ID, who is standing next to the portal by the Principal's Office. Below are the following evolution requirments. Mark 3 Mag Sound Source FM = Master System Mag
Master System Mag Parts of 68000 = Genesis Mag
Genesis Mag SH2 = Sega Saturn Mag
Sega Saturn Mag SH4, Modem, and Power VR = Dreamcast Mag Note: The other mag items (Eno, Uru, and Flou), most likely are to be used to make the Elenor and Devil's Tail mag, which are currently banned, I'm assuming you must wait a little longer, sorry! ^^; Badge Rewards
There are three different types of badges you may earn from most of the mopup/endless nightmare quests. Once they are in your hands, take the badges to the man in this quest that is standing by the Medical Center. Mop Up operation #2 - Weapons Badge Bone (4 Avaliable)
Mop Up operation #3 - Weapons Badge Aluminium (4 Avaliable)
Mop Up operation #4 - Weapons Badge Steel (4 Avaliable)
Endless Nightmare #2 - Weapons Badge Bone (2 Avaliable)
Endless Nightmare #3 - Weapons Badge Aluminium (2 Avaliable)
Endless Nightmare #4 - Weapons Badge Steel (2 Avaliable)
7 Weapons Badge Steel => Wok Of Akiko's Shop (Dagger Type)
7 Weapons Badge Aluminum => Broom (Rod Type)
7 Weapons Badge Bone => Panzer Tail (Mag)
Finishing Notes
Again, if you find extra information, mistakes, added stratagies, or other tactics, feel free to tell us by e-mail, forum, or comments! Enjoy! Editor's Note: This guide was written by Castelak. It wouldn't of been finished if it weren't for those poor individuals who were forced to play the quest all day. Thanks to all the other PSO news sites that I checked my work with, making sure my results were accurate. Much sleep was lost in the making of this guide.

Whatley
Nov 21, 2001, 02:23 AM
Rangers can use the Yamigarasu

benja
Nov 21, 2001, 03:48 AM
It appears that the blue ring is SSrank not just Srank.

Magami
Nov 21, 2001, 06:38 AM
You do not necessarily need a S or SS rank in ultimate to obtain items.
I reached A rank yesterday and got a flight fan for it.

Chiana
Nov 21, 2001, 09:59 AM
Quoted from the guide on the front page:
Note: The boss fight ends when either the group is killed by the dragon (the player that was the Dragon returns to normal), or when the group kills the dragon (the player that was the Dragon changes to normal, then dies).
That isn't quite correct. I was controlling the Sith Dragon and I pressed a button while 'digging' (might have been B) and a window popped up saying "Chiana has emerged from inside the Dragon" or something like that and I warped back to F2. The other person in my team carried on fighting the dragon as normal.
Also if anyone knows what to do with the "Accessories" you get after the love test, I'd be most grateful. They look like one of those items you have to take to someone to get them changed into a weapon or mag or something.
Chi.

Hulex
Nov 21, 2001, 10:01 AM
It's all become very clear to me now! ^_^
Thanks Caste, for writing the guide, and all those other people who contributed the valuable information. Yay, now I have something to do ^_^

Whatley
Nov 21, 2001, 11:27 AM
I have gotten SSrank and still couldn't get the Ano rifle or the blue ring. It kept saying that I don't have the right to get it.

Nov 21, 2001, 12:38 PM
how did you get SS rank?

Nov 21, 2001, 01:16 PM
Holy crud, this is great! I nearly combusted reading this stuff in the library. You can play as a dragon?! A LOVE TEST?!? BWAHAHAHA! Thanks, Castelak!
Alielle

Nov 21, 2001, 05:19 PM
I believe that there are two modes of SS Rank, as per the guide on Mamak.
The first SS Rank is earned by killing all monsters, a time under 60 minutes, and no deaths.
The second SS Rank is earned by killing a minimum of monsters (basically the ones that activate doors, switches, and the bosses themselves) along with a time under 60 minutes, and no deaths.
The two different modes allow you to get different 12-star items.
It seems that the Ano Rifle and Blue Ring fall under the second SS Rank category.

WhiteSquall
Nov 28, 2001, 12:45 PM
I've found a Sound Source FM, and now I know what it's for, but I still don't know what it will all do. When I use it do I use it on a high level mag, or on any mag, and what will it do to the stats?

Nov 30, 2001, 02:31 AM
I'm having the same difficulty. Does anyone have a more definitive answer on how to make the Master System Mag? What is a Mark 3 Mag that is one of the things stated as being required?

Dec 11, 2001, 02:19 PM
are you a fucking idiot! all you have to do is do as the instrucksions say on the mesage duh! think before you just type something in mother fuking loser!!!!!!!!!

Dec 18, 2001, 02:14 AM
The instructions on the site are in fact not 100% clear. If you're going to insult someone else's intelligence, at least show some of your own and spell the words in your response correctly, you who are most likely inbred and a moronic, pathetic excuse for a human being.