PDA

View Full Version : Article: New quests uploaded

Castelak
Feb 11, 2002, 06:41 PM
Flash3 writes, "According to mamak-int.com a new online quest related to Valentines Day, limited to female characters, will be available till February 15th. Also, a new download quest will be available - Metal Spirit. Here the player has to find the missing android Uruto. I don't know if this quest will be JP exclusive. Read it all at: http://www.mamak-int.com/index2.htm"

ParuNexus
Feb 12, 2002, 01:23 AM
pc japanese i knwo thatm uch. i saw the quest while online with my imported japanese pso PC version.

Feb 13, 2002, 06:25 PM
thats right
it isnt on the jap side of DC pso v2 or us ver
so i guess the pc ppl luck out.

Feb 13, 2002, 07:20 PM
Final Fantasy Online, Arc the lad Online, RESIDENT EVIL ONLINE(YES!), and 20 more are coming ot the ps2. Screw the lame ass game!

Feb 13, 2002, 08:03 PM
No, Mr. PS2 fanboy. I still may not be able to play this game online because of the crappy lisence page. But, hell, this is one kickass game! So I say, not screw PSO, but SCREW YOU! (Heh, now let's watch him retaliate in a pitiful mass of rage and stupidity.)

Feb 14, 2002, 05:37 AM
The new download quest for the US.
Soul of a Blacksmith
At least we can read it in english, now.

Feb 14, 2002, 08:55 AM
Just ignore him. People like this exist to be ignored lol =P

Feb 14, 2002, 02:28 PM
First of all FF has sucked since the 3rd one and arc of the lad is some gayass ps game, and how in the hell can RE online be fun online?

Feb 15, 2002, 01:31 PM
i would agree with flash3. also FFonline will be sweet and i think better than PSO...not saying PSO is bad..but i think FF will be better...ARC the LAD online..wtf..yeah right...and resident evil online for the PS2...i seem to be reminded of a certain IGN.com article that said resident evil was now a gamecube exclusive...so um yeah..PS2 is sweet...but you obviously have had a wet dream over this latest rumor

Hideout115
Feb 15, 2002, 01:42 PM
I pray to whomever that i hope that Sqauresoft is not like Sonic Team and makes Japan only quest! Final Fantasy 11 better have quests that are international and not country specific. What the f*ck is wrong with sonic team by making quests for only one country when there are others whom support it? Its that kinda crap that got them in trouble in the first place. If you are going to make quests for one country only, at least make different ones for the other countries too. That way, no one will be left out. Its this kinda crap that turned me off from phantasy start online ver 2. Im paying money to play a game monthly, something i've never done before, and i get zip while some kid 5000 miles away gets all sorts of stuff while im left with blank air? didnt i purchase the game and pay the freaking 5$ a month just like him? wasnt it freaking enough? why should he get all this stuff and i shouldnt when we both pay the same? I swear, if final fantasy 11 is the same way...Ill just forget any console online game forever. I dont care how cool or splendid it may seem. I cant take that crap twice in a row. ver 1 was one thing, and now ver2 too. Squaresoft...u better not disappoint me in the quest department.

Feb 15, 2002, 07:28 PM
Resident Evil online is coming to ps2. I love it that you sega loyalist losers still play a game that most americans can't seem to even get back on to play anymore! Face it! Sega is dead They will ride the back of Sony that crushed them. Nintendo will not out last the xbox and microsoft and wil either be stuck as a kiddy machine that hardly no one buys or like sega and work for sony too! Its only a reality boys and girls only two consoles will succeed! Sony will always be here because they look after their rpg fans and EVERY OTHER GENRE as well. Nintendo has ruined Celda(LOL) and put diapers on all their other games. Videogames.com will tell the story so check it out before whinning! Sega is DEAD, nintendo is dying, microsoft eats the scraps, and SONY will continue to dominate because it treats its gamers like adults and gives them what they want, not what they think we should have! Ride the wave gamer losers or sit back and enjoy the view! BOOYAH!

Feb 16, 2002, 11:21 PM
GET IT THROUGH YOUR HEAD!!! RESIDENT EVIL IS A CUBE EXCLUSIVE FROM NOW TILL FOREVER!!!good i hate ignorant people..go to hell asshole..ps2 is the best..but its the XBOX that will die..not the cube..sega is not dead yet because VR4 is gonna kick ass on the ps2. and the xbox has what? halo to keep it alive? my ass...its the XBOX that will die...bill gates ain't stupid..once he realizes it sucks..he will drop it...

Feb 17, 2002, 01:08 PM
IT's always the japanese first, ALWAYS! When we finally get to play Final Fantasy Online the JAPS wil have had at least 6 months or more playing time and I bet we get treated the same as Sega is doing us NOW! Well at least there is a hell of a lot more to do on FF online and I feel like I will be getting my moneys worth. Not to mention all the other games, rps especially, that are coming out for the ps2. I SAY TO HELL WITH SEGA!

Feb 17, 2002, 09:53 PM
Most people who complain about the pay to
play price of PSO Ver.2 never get it right.
My guess is that their mom and/or dad is
footing the bill, not the complainer.
I can not feel sympathy for these people.
P.S.
The price is 1200yen even if you live in the
USA. So, you pay the going rate of dollars
to yen at the time of purchase.
My 1st 3 month block purchase on 9/25/01
was $10.07. Average cost for 1 month $3.36.
My 2nd 3 month block purchase on 12/27/01
was $9.13. Average cost for 1 month $3.04.
Total average cost, so far, per month $3.20.

HUnewearl_Meira
Feb 19, 2002, 03:06 AM
...until I found out more about it. There will be NO offline mode. Just to make a character, you will be required to own a PS2 hard drive. So, just the game and the hard drive alone, that's $200. It will be the only game that uses the hard drive when it comes out, and I wouldn't be surprised to see little more than 4 or 5 other games come out that use the hard drive.
Beyond that... Final Fantasy XI is the first game in the Final Fantasy series that seeing a promotional video for it, has actually caused me to less desire owning the game. I'm genuinely not impressed by it. Square has done some very good stuff in the past. Final Fantasy VII is one of those games that I will still play to this day. Final Fantasy VIII was good, too. Final Fantasy IX has the most satisfying ending I have ever seen in a game. Final Fantasy X is a decent game (albeit, something about it just annoys me...). But what I have seen of Final Fantasy XI does not impress me one bit. And, by the way, Square plans to release Final Fantasy XI on the same day, all around the world, so it'll only be those few Japanese beta-testers who've got a head start on us.
Now, as for the lack of support that Americans get on PSO... Well, that's not that hard to figure out. Look at Sonic Team. It is comprised of 72 members, 59 of which are in Japan, the other 13 being roughly in the area of San Fransisco. Now... What does this tell us? Well, it tells us that in Japan they have 59 people overwhich to give the tasks of developing the new Sonic games, maintaining PSO, and developing misc. random games such as Samba de Amigo and ChuChu Rocket. Meanwhile, in the US, we have 13 guys running around, trying to keep up with the stuff their Japanese counter-parts keep sending to them. At least we're not getting shafted the way they are in Europe, who don't even have v2, yet. Oh look, they also don't have any members of Sonic Team, locally. Gee. You think that Sega needs to handle PSO better? Then go apply for a job with Sonic Team.

HUnewearl_Meira
Feb 19, 2002, 03:28 AM
Sony will never be able to out-do Sega. How many first-party games have you seen for the PlayStation? How about first-party games for the PlayStation 2? I sure haven't seen any of note. All the commercials I see are commercials for games made by third-parties. Third-parties that aren't necessarily loyal to the PS2.
Now here's the deal: The PS2 is a poorly designed piece of junk. That's the grim fact. Sure, it can do some ungodly, 70 BILLION polygons per second... if you want them to be 16-color flat-shaded polygons, sure, heck the Dreamcast can do that. Now, while in theory, the PS2 is capable of reaching 12 million polygons per second... In reality it can't, because it's only got 8 megs of video RAM, which limit it to 6 to 7 million polygons per second, which the Dreamcast can pull off quite easily, with only 4 megs of video RAM. The Dreamcast was cleverly designed, with no single part being able to produce more than what another part can handle. Because of the use of hardware compression, the Dreamcast can do with half the RAM, what the PS2 does. That's right. The PS2 isn't capable of anything the Dreamcast isn't. And the Dreamcast is 2 years older. Sure the PS2 can play DVDs... But as a DVD player, it leaves something to be desired. Heck, some DVDs don't even work on it. As for the Dreamcast... It's capable of reading DVDs. It doesn't have any shell to play them from... But then, when the Dreamcast came out, DVDs were only just barely catching on. So, you see, Sega is loaded with good designers, who know what they're doing, while Sony is loaded up with a bunch of inexperienced little kids, jerking off in the corner, just slapping crap together to try to come up with something good. So don't give me the whole, "PS2 is superior, and Sony will rule the industry!" speech, because it's a load of horse shit. Flat out, Sega simply does not produce bad games.
PSO has been awarded with 13 awards to my knowledge (this INCLUDES awards that don't go exclusively to video games, mind you), which is more than any single Squaresoft title can boast. And have you ever SEEN a game produced by Sony? The only games that come to my mind are games like Jeopardy for the Sega CD. Hardly original. Hardly notable. So don't be so quick to put down Sega. I get the distinct feeling that they've got something up their sleeve, and when they come back, they're going to do something else that is just unreasonably ground-breaking, and then they're going to do what they always do, and under-advertise it to death.
Remember... Sales don't mean that someone has a superior product, sales only mean that someone has a superior advertising plan. But to those of us who play it smart, we stick to the person with the superior product-- Sega.

Feb 19, 2002, 05:12 PM
If segas games are so good then why are people buying sony products. Unlike sega and nintendo, sony allows full freedom to create games and , for the most part, does not frown on games geared for older audiences. Sega, when they first came out, publicly admitted that they were targeting 13 to 17 year olds with the dreamcast. BAD MISTAKE! Sonly appeals to ALL ages adn offers a hell of alot more game variety and choice than the badly planned dreamcast. The fact of the matter is that most people have sony products because they are better. The ps2 is WAY more powerful than the pitiful dreamcast, just ask all those dreamcast owners who bought a ps2! Maybe sony does have alot of 3rd party stuff but that is what is ingenuise about it. Their is way more creative freedom to do what you want without the worry of competition from the inside, sony, and this is what killed sega and will eventully kill nintendo. If sega sold only thier games and no 3rd party then that is what they wanted, they made more money that way and nintendo thinks the same way. Sony holds back and lets 3rd party games come thru with great choices. Fact: for every 1 good sega game there is 20 great sony 3rd party games coming out. I wouldnt waste my money on nintendo either. One or 2 good games a year just does'nt cut it for me or the millions of fans whoi bought moreps2's this christmas than the xbox and cube combined(BOOYAH!) What I dont get is why sega is making games for the xbox. I thought microsoft was supposed to back them? No? Well I guess ole Bill thought backing losers wasnt for him or his billions! But he felt pitty for them and let sega make a few games for his system! If sega was so good and awesome, wh7y didnt it come out on top? Sega is old news and soon will be bought up by an larger company. I jsut hope sony doesnt bail these losers out! Stick with square Sony! That is all you will ever need!

Hideout115
Feb 19, 2002, 07:54 PM
Hmmm i agree with most of what you say. I didn't know about the number of Sonic Team members and stuff, that opened my eyes a lot. But the thing is, why make an international game if you only support 1 single country? That is called bad game support, sloppiness (did i spell that right?), or plain lazyness. Don't make a game unless you are able to support ALL of the consumers. A business is made to serve ALL customers. You do not ever see a business serving only one type of client. If so, that business will soon find itself going broke and facing future problems. *cough Sega cough* Also, what's this about paying for a freaking ps2 hard drive? i say to heck with it. I'm broke enough as it is. I better get constant updates and quests for FF11 because i'm sure as heck am not going to cough up 200+ dollars for 1 game and like 5 modes. Pso has taught me that :). sure sucks for no offline mode too. What if you need to lvl up? or just kill time and get money and exp offline? Is it mandatory for it to be online only?
More and more scary stuff I tell ya. then there are the monetary problems. Buying a Hard drive+cost of game+internet cost+believe it or not a possible fee to play online requiring a subscription to PlayOnline. Oh boy, were looking at purchasing another PS2 there. I had enough problem getting the system :( .online gaming is adding up points in my game list. Bad points. Squaresoft, don't fail me now!

Feb 20, 2002, 07:10 AM
Why are Fanboys so unintelligent? the PS2 is sweet...but this guy makes it sound like a godsend- its sweet...but trust me...the sega games are sweet too. and sony does make first party games...its called 989 inc. yes i know they all suck..but they do make first party titles

Feb 20, 2002, 08:31 PM
from what I see FFXI will be an EQ clone, I hope the clone EQ's security too. You know the FF name will attract every GODIWANABECOOL kid in thw world. Be ready to see 10000000 Cloud, Squall, Sephiroth, Zidane, Kuja, and Tidus characters. I have done some looking into this game and I think Im going to be a Mithra Red Mage. We havent seen a decent red mage sence the days of FF1.

Feb 21, 2002, 04:07 PM
Very cool! I'm just upset that we have to wait 5 months to play FF 11 whiel all this time the japanese will revel in it. I dont want to even see someone who has played it before me so I can experience the new world with other newbies and enjoy it!

HUnewearl_Meira
Feb 21, 2002, 04:48 PM
Well... They released it internationally because that was one of the features... Meet people from different countries. Big selling point, for the small amount of advertising that they did. Plus... If they released it online in Japan, then they would've had people like us screaming at them, "Hey! Why did THEY get it, and we didn't???" Pretty well like the way we do with quests here, now. Effectively, they could've either done what they're doing now, or not make the game at all. All things considered, I think they made a good choice in making the game, particularly considering that it's already gotten them 13 awards that I'm aware that they've recieved. PSO has been a big money-maker for Sega, and really, it's a shame that they've been unable to give us more than the rather lack-luster support that we've recieved in the US. Personally, if it weren't a 3 hour commute to do it, I'd rather like to apply for a job with Sonic Team myself, to help 'em out.

HUnewearl_Meira
Feb 21, 2002, 05:48 PM
Do you realize that you're full of shit? Seriously, we're talking about the stuff they scoop out of calf pens at dairies. The PS2 is incapable of surpassing the Dreamcast, because of the parts that limit it. Keep in mind, that this is coming from a guy who has actually looked and examined the specs on the two systems. Have YOU looked into developing software for the PS2 and Dreamcast? I don't think you have. I know good and well what the two consoles are capable of, and I also know that the Dreamcast is by FAR easier to develop for than any other system on the market, with the possible exception of the Xbox. Another thing of note, is that a Development Kit for the PS2 is, for all intensive purposes, non-existent. And to date, no one has come up with a way to do true anti-aliasing on the PS2 (the closest they come to it results in fuzzy-looking textures). The Dreamcast, on the other hand, does all its anti-aliasing on the hardware. Which is why on the PS2 you get jagged edges, while on the Dreamcast, for the most part, all edges are smooth. Compare Crazy Taxi for the Dreamcast to Crazy Taxi for the PS2. The PS2 version can't stand against the Dreamcast version.
Now, here's why Sega making quality first-party games helps the third-party industry: By the time third-party companies started getting licenses to develop for the Dreamcast, Sega had already made 4 revisions on the original Development Kit. This means that it was on version 5. This means that it's been improved upon 5 times already, by people who have made games alrady and know what they're doing. This only made the Dreamcast easier to develop for.
Sony on the other hand, basically does not make games. They make a poorly balanced device that plays games. Sony, despite manufacturing a game console, still is not a game company. Any idiot company can make a console and let other people develop for it. Hell, in Japan, Panasonic released a version of the GameCube that plays DVDs. Now, it's true that Sony does make some good products. Their DVD players are the best. But they obviously aren't taking the PS2 very seriously. I mean... If they were taking it seriously, then why did they use a Toshiba chipset for the DVD playing portion of the console? You don't know, do you? You don't know a damn thing. All you know is hype.
Sony used a Toshiba chipset because it's cheap. By doing that, they kept their production costs down, while still being able to make a reasonable claim that their console can play DVDs. Meanwhile, Microsoft kicks out their Xbox, with not only truly superior graphics quality, but a superior DVD playing chipset, as well.
Now, why is the Dreamcast falling down the tubes? There's a couple of reasons. First off, because they haven't gotten their good reputation back with 3rd Party developers, like they had back in the days of the Genesis (the Genesis, being quite possibly the greatest console ever made, in contrast to its time). They did a quick job of stapling together the Saturn, which turned out to be a somewhat powerful system for its time, but quite difficult to develop for. THIS is what turned 3rd party developers off from Sega.
In turn, with the Dreamcast, Sega produced a console that had everything necessary to totally blow away everything else on the market in the time of its release, and even, at the time of its release, had more games available exclusively for it, than any other console in history. But again, a bad reputation has killed them.
Let's look at the competition when it was released, shall we? Nintendo 64. Pathetic. The 2^64 colors are pretty well useless, when you don't have the polygon count to back it up, and what makes it even worse, is that with the cartridge format, games would be either long or pretty, but never both. Far to expensive to get a crappy selection of games, and a controller with an analog stick that would wear out in a fairly short period of time. The PS1. A solid system, but all things considered, it did maybe almost a quarter of the polygons per second of the Dreamcast, and as far as colors go... Well, take the number of colors that the PS1 can produce (2^32), and multiply it by itself 4 TIMES. This was the competition of the time.
Now the PS2 comes along with all its hype. It boasts 70 million polygons per second, but the fine print notes that it's 70 million polygons per second ONLY if the polygons are flat-shaded, and run in greyscale. So, see, that's lie number #1 that Sony has gotten you to ingest. Sega on the other hand, two years BEFORE the PS2, introduced a machine that they modestly claimed could pull off 4 million polygons per second. What they don't tell you, is that it can make it look like 8 million polygons per second, depending on the scene. You see, the PS2 must render EVERY SINGLE EVER-LOVIN' POLYGON IN THE SCENE!... Whether you see it or not. The Dreamcast on the other hand, only renders what you can see. What does this mean? It means that the Dreamcast can render a frame with a higher quantity of polygons than the PS2 ever could, because the PS2's BUS and RAM limitations hold it back to around 7 million polygons, max. And then the Dreamcast Anti-aliases the frame, besides! Heck, if you want to take Anti-aliasing out of the equation, pulling that step out, the Dreamcast can easily kick out a good 16 million polygons per second, FULL-COLOR, FULL-RENDERED. While the PS2 is stuck with 5 million polygons per second, IF its PSEUDO-anti-aliasing is used. Do you still believe that the PS2 is more powerful than the Dreamcast? It's not. Like I said, it's a poorly designed piece of junk, made by a collaboration of guys that have no experience in what they're trying to accomplish. Now, I've been quite happy with my Dreamcast, and even for the reasonable variety of games I've played on the PS2, I still have yet to see anything that would motivate me to pay $300 for a system that can't even put up the Dreamcast does, for a scant $50. Do you see a trend here? A year after the Dreamcast was released the price had already dropped by $150, from its original $300 price tag. By that time, most of the costs of development for the system were already paid for. Now, they can earn a profit selling it at $50, because that's how much it costs to product a unit. The PS2 on the other hand, evidently costs quite a bit to produce, if they can STILL sell so many, and STILL have to keep such a high price tag. And this system STILL can't match the Dreamcast. Now, I'm not the kind of guy that gives a flying rat's ass about hype. As far as I've seen, the PS2 has yet to live up to the hype that's been spread about it. When I look at that thing, I look at it, and think... 'That's the most expensive cheap DVD player I have ever SEEN.' So, are you in it for the hype, or would you rather deal with something with a bit more intelligence behind it?

Feb 22, 2002, 04:39 PM
Every bit of this bull you have said comes from Next Generation magazine, which by the way is notorious for supporting everything but sony! Did I mention its out of business too? LOL! Bottom line is millions of people bought the ps2 because it has better games that any other system. Sony is by FAR more reliable when it come to its products and getting stuff on time! It's doesnt need first party games when all the best 3rd party games are cooming to it. Sega is dead and will NEVER live the glory it had. The only reason it did was because nintendo, at that time, had no other real competitors and sega offered something more to gamers than just mario. Mario will continue to sell to children but will never be the same as well. Hell, when Bill Gates did some investigating into segas sells of their games and systems its no wonder, with seggas glorious history(SARCASTIC TONE!) that he backed out! He doesnt back losers, japan didnt back sega because they are not losers, and america didnt either! Get over it sega boy! It's a new age. Sony gives gamers the games that they want becasue they ask. Sega gives gamers what sega wants so fuck them! And nintendo too for that damned CELDA CRAP!

Feb 22, 2002, 06:50 PM
The xbox is more powerful than tha ps2, gamecube, dreamcast, and ps1 COMBINED! That is why sega decided to scrape what loses they could and pick a winner! They knew they couldnt handle Microsoft! Soon everyone will jump on the xbox ban wagon and will RULE THE WORLD! Compared to the xbox, the dreamcast is an odl taoster or something. YAAAA!

HUnewearl_Meira
Feb 23, 2002, 06:11 PM
I've yet to find a gaming mag that I give a flying rat's ass about since Game Players disappeared off the face of the planet (this effectively means that I hate all gaming mags equally, and indescriminately), and all the information I've given comes directly from my own research, you little shit. Again, I have yet to see anything worth owning for the PS2. Even Final Fantasy X doesn't quite inspire me enough to persue paying the unreasonable $300 price tag, when I already own a more powerful system with a long line of quality games, that I bought for about $70 a year ago. Now, when the remake of Final Fantasy 7 is released, THAT will most definitely prompt me to purchase a PS2, but until then, it can kiss my hairy white ass.
And as far as Nintendo goes... I lost respect for Nintendo when I played a Sega Genesis for the first time, and when the whole "violence in video games" issue showed up, it sealled their grave in my mind. Now, Nintendo is starting to regain a little respect from me, but I rather suspect that this is only because Sega's doing a few third party games for their systems.
Now, don't get me wrong. I have never had any regrets about purchasing my PS1. It's been a good system, and I've worn it down pretty damned well. But I've hardly touched it ever since I bought my Dreamcast. The grim fact is simply that the PS2 just isn't designed with as much foresight as the Dreamcast. It's not a bad system. The Dreamcast is just better a system, statistically. It's a crying shame that idiots like YOU get hyped up because some shithead advertising executive at Sony starts spreading rumors that it's the most powerful system in the history of mankind, when in all actuality, it fails to surpass, or even meet the capabilities of a system that's a couple years older. It's because of idiots like YOU who give in to the hype without looking at things from an intelligent point of view, that we don't get more good games from people who have the experience and know-how like the people at Sega, to produce higher-quality games, at a lower price. I want to have a console made by a company that makes fucking game consoles, not a company that makes VCRs and stereos, dammit.

HUnewearl_Meira
Feb 23, 2002, 06:27 PM
Now, I haven't researched the XBox a lot. But I do know that it is a reasonably powerful system, quite probably the most powerful system on the market. I know that at just 20% of its capabilities, it produces graphics on par with the PS2 and Dreamcast. On the other hand, the XBox has dissappointed many consumers, because it crashes. Oops. Of course, this is what I rather expected, seeing that this comes from the same people that make the Windows operating system, an OS that can't even do something so basic as copy files to a disk, without fucking it up (Believe me, I have to deal with several disks a fucking day at my job, and 4 out of 5 times, it will refuse to place a whole copy of a file on the disk, no matter what method is used to copy). Now, honestly, I don't think that the XBox is going to come out on top. In fact, I think that the real competition is going to be between Nintendo and Sony. There's enough prejudgice against Microsoft to make the Xbox come out last. In fact, it'd be best for the entire industry for Microsoft to drop out of the race. We're starting to get this thing again, where everyone and their mother is designing video game consoles, and the last time this happened, the entire industry collided with a friggin' wall, because there were too damn many choices for any company to compete with everyone else. I fear for the industry itself.

Feb 23, 2002, 06:44 PM
Well I still have the coleco vision entertainment system and I say it kicks all of these new systems ass!

Feb 24, 2002, 06:48 PM
Heh, like I said earlier: "A mass of rage and stupidity".
Okay, matters boil down to a few basic facts.
1.)Fanboys suck.
2.)Fanboys that have nothing better to do than to go to a site of a game produced by a system they don't like and yell at people for owning that system suck even more.
3.)Sega makes the best games out there.(Okay, so that's an oppinion in a way.)
4.)The reason Sega targeted 13-17 year olds was because that's where the bulk of hardcore gamers are.
5.)Dreamcast can do everything a PS2 can do and it comes with a modem built in. An industry first, I might add.
6.)Nobody here believes a word that you say, so just go away and play your little PS2 and keep reinforcing all those myths you have about systems. You'll need it when reality hits you.
7.)Nintendo is not for little kids. It shows that a game doesn't have to be filled with gore to be fun.
And that's the facts.

Feb 24, 2002, 08:02 PM
i need to know what planet are you from..you are an X-Box fan boy and it shows..the X-box is powerful..but it is only slightly more powerful that the ps2 and on par with the GC. you need to stop reading the X-box magazine for your info about the stupid ass system...if they had a good game on it that used the whole system specks..amybe it would be good..but now..it sucks ass...power means nothing if it has no games..don't get me wrong halo is sweet...but one game can not..i repeat can not hold a system up..and there is no other game out there that is good..so go to hell X-box fanboy...go masterbate in bill gates shit

Feb 24, 2002, 09:01 PM
NO! Hardcore gamers are not 13 to 17. They are the original gamers from 25 and up! I hatte stupid kids who just run their mouth because thier favorite system is doing badly(GAMECUBE) or worse is dead(DREAMCAST) The dreamcast is a weak system, compared to ps2, and the majority who bought the system will tell you that. The ps2 outsold the gamecube and xbox COMBINED this holiday season! Sony has the games, it has the power, like it or not sony owns the gaming world , pc and console, and soon Nintendo will JUST A SOFTWARE COMPANY just like sega. The n64 was a fuking flop. The saturn and dreamcast both were. Hell, even the xbox beat the nintendo kiddy machine. I bet it beats nintendo in japan too. If it does then either 2 things will happen, nintedo will just survive with the gba and loose again with the cube or I will be playing mario on my PS3!BOOYAH! All the gaming mags said it sega woudl beat sony with the saturn. It didnt. All the mags said the n64 would rule. A little 32 bit machine called the ps1 kicked its ass! Sony will do it again and when it happens I will be right here to rub it in your faces and tell you monkeyspanks " I TOLD YOU SO!"

HUnewearl_Meira
Feb 25, 2002, 02:47 PM
Heh! All the classic gaming you can ever wish for, eh?

HUnewearl_Meira
Feb 25, 2002, 02:52 PM
The PS2 is a powerhouse as a marketable item, but not as a console. Yes. It sells. It sells a lot. Sony has a good advertising campaign, and they're known for producing some of the best consumer stereo and video equipment. But I can tell you from personal knowledge, that the PS2 is by no means more powerful than the Dreamcast. I know the specs, I know the limitations, and I know what is the more powerful system. Instead of sitting here trying to explain it all AGAIN, I refer you to my previous posts.

Feb 26, 2002, 12:43 AM
juz as much as this game is screwed up...

Feb 26, 2002, 12:45 AM
no names can be repeated nor can names be used in previous FF's

Feb 26, 2002, 12:48 AM
with 3rd parties games like those... who the hell cares what sony will make... they are the smart one juz creating hardware while other companies make software... the intelligent way of doing business!

Feb 26, 2002, 03:32 AM
You sound like the very same idiot who said that the sega saturn was more powerful thatn the ps1 becasue of its duel chips. When sega finally come out and admitted that the ps1 was more powerful that same idiot said sega was wronng. The dreamcast is WAY LESS POWERFUL as stated by konami and the man who created MGS2! That is the most complete pile of bullshit I have ever heard about the dreamcast being more powerful. This was started by idiots like you tha read too much bull form a CERTAIN MAG(NOW ITS DEAD TOO! LOL!). I have the same issue of Next generation that says exactly what you said. word for word! iF YOU READ ABOUT 3 MAGS LATER THEY RETRACT THAT STATEMENT. Everyoneo gets the ps2 because its way better thatn the now dead dreamcast and has way better games than the new consoles that are out now. The bottom line is your a typical fan boy who chose wrong system again and backed a loser again. your anything but sony attitude sings your ignorance!

Feb 26, 2002, 10:03 PM
If square was smart the would put FFXI on XBOx since it already has an hard drive and BB online not dial up. Speed and the ability to chat W/ use of the headset, in realtime. and the had better put offilne stuff as in quests,LV building and a REAL story line not PSOs stuff. but hey i got an gamecube and an xbox so ill still be playin pso ver2 on one of them well nuff said later. DEATH

Hideout115
Feb 26, 2002, 10:16 PM
Here are a few of a hardcore Geek...urrr i mean gamer's words and my honest opinion of these. I will answer each with an "MO" which is "My Opinion"
1) "Sega Is Dead”: MO The term dead means that it has ceased to function. If so, then Sega has not died, it has simply amended itself to pursue another need. Sega would be completely dead if the company stopped running period. So stop with the BS.
2) " has better graphics than .... just look at the stats, 8 MB blah blah blah yadda yadda”: MO who the f*ck cares about system components and how much polygons they can withstand crap. U want to know the truth? I’m happy that I can see my character move any way I want and that I can tell when he is happy or he just got kicked in the n*ts. That's my idea of what good graphics are. The fact that you can see a finely detailed character and environment. All current systems do that, so stop choosing sides and come up with a more agreeable reason, byatches. You want to know the truth? There are games in SNES that are more fun than high-graphic games out now. It is not a matter of phraphics, but gameplay, ho's.
3) "Gamecube is for Kidz!”: MO have you seen the previews for the upcoming Resident Evil games? Surely Gamecube is trying to reach a more adult market. A true kids only system will have no titles above age 13. Gamecube has a few under way. So anyone saying Gamecube is just for kids is a blind punk. Sure they have a lot of young titles..but so did the playstation. Barbie anyone? How about barney's adventure? Aren’t those kids titles in a "mature" system? In truth, there is no real kid system, so get another argument.
4) " has sold more than ": MO Are you an accountant for these companies that you somehow know their economic status? Do you work for any of these said marketing teams that decide who is doing better than who? No? Then shut up!
5) " is dying": MO how do you know exactly? Do you work with that company to know if the are actually dying? no? Thank you
6) " SUX!!, RULZ!!!”: MO personally, I was actually like one of these immature kids that defended one system only. And believe it or not, there is a trend to these outbursts. These ppl defend the system they currently own and trash another that they don't have...Hmmm, interesting. This is actually the case 99.9% of the time. So basically, we defend the system we currently own, thrash the one we don't have or tried, then defend that system that we just thrashed after getting one. its human nature. It is also called hypocrisy and stupidity and ignorance. We can't see the upsides of each, so we only emphasize the downs. Grrrr I hate those things!
6) has better games than , or has the best games”: MO this is a totally BS saying. EVERY, yes every, system has good games. Its not about one or the other its about all. Why can't I like the ps2 for having MGS2 or FF10, the XBOX for having Halo or DoA2, the Gamecube for having Super Smash Brothers or Pikmin? Saying one system has all the good games is plain BS. So stuff it whenever u try to say that!!
Ill keep adding more as I go along.... or get bored constantly. To keep it simple, don’t hate a system you don’t have or appreciate. It’s all a matter of taste and preference. If you like one system, fine don’t thrash the others. Someone might love them as u do another. U will feel different if u own all systems, and find out by urself that all of them have the thing that really matters...no not graphics. Games!! I could be happy with game that has Atari graphics...but kick-ass gameplay. Heck, there are games on the original Nintendo that kick the crap out of games with excellent graphics out today. Don’t comment on how a system is doing, because, quite frankly, you don’t work there so u doesn’t know how they are doing really. Don’t believe magazines or the net that much...cause they could be broke one day, and rich the next. Economics is not an exact science. And last but not least, and probably my most important answer to all comments, YOU DON'T KNOW THE FUTURE. SO DON'T SAY HOW A SYSTEM IS GOING TO DO..IF IT'S GOING TO DIE OR CONQUER THE OTHERS, YOU DON'T KNOW 3 DAYS FROM NOW!!! U r not Miss Cleo...heck, even she don't know where she leaves her car keys... To put it lightly, shut up. you don't know nothing, so get back to giving up ur cash to the game industry. go, now!

Feb 27, 2002, 01:53 PM
Not that it matters, but why are you posting on a website for a Sega game, if you despise them soo much ? Damn PS2 fanboy.. go have fun with your over hyped pile of crap.

HUnewearl_Meira
Feb 27, 2002, 02:06 PM
All right, first off, I'm going to reiterate that I rather dislike gaming mags, specifically because they're all biased as shit, and by the time the mag gets to the shelves, the information in them is out of date anyway. Next, the Saturn was a solid console, but certainly didn't have the output quality of the PS1. The Saturn is, however, far more difficult to emulate than the PS1, primarily because of the dual processors. The reason why the Saturn crashed and burned was because it was difficult to develop for, not because it was a poor system. The PS1 was far easier to develop for, so therefore, developers chose the PS1 over the Saturn. And yes. The graphics on most Saturn games were indeed difficult to watch for long periods of time. I always viewed the Saturn as a console that Sega just kinda shot out their ass, for the express purpose of keeping them in the public eye, without any real attempt at a popular system. Sort of a step between the Genesis and the Dreamcast.
Now, as for a dude from Konami saying that the Dreamcast isn't as powerful as the PS2, well, I have to say that he hasn't done his homework, then. Yes. The PS2 has PARTS that are more powerful than their equivalents on the Dreamcast. This is indeed true. But those PARTS mean nothing, when their performance becomes limited by the method the PS2 uses its RAM and BUS systems. Keep in mind, that just because some idiot programmer makes a claim about the thing he's programming for, doesn't mean that he's not full of big piles of smelly shit. Afterall, even programers from Microsoft said that computers would crash because of the Y2K bug. Knowing how calendars work on a computer, I myself knew them to be full of shit, at the time, too. And now we all do.
Everyone gets the PS2 not because it's a better console than the Dreamcast, but because it's been hyped about. Now, I suppose, Mr. Anonymous, that if you want to continue being retarded, and singing the praises of a console on the comment board of a site dealing with a game that WILL NEVER GO TO YOUR CONSOLE, then by all means go ahead. But if you're going to do this, then AT LEAST do your homework and know what the hell you're talking about. So far, I have given specific knowledge and reasons, and all you've done is accuse me of reading game mags (which I don't.), and throw names at me. Am I supposed to be insulted by a person that doesn't even know what he's talking about? From the sounds of it, you've got the technical knowledge of a black-eyed pea. It's quite obvious that YOU are the one reading the gaming mags, seeing that you're the one with all the knowledge of what they say, and you're the one that admits to owning issues of the very magazine that you're accusing me of reading.
So, in short, just to put a meaner tone on this, you can go fuck your GayStation Poo, with all of its jagged edges and fuzzy textures, while I continue to marvel at my Dreamcast's fine anti-aliased imagry, and crystal-clear faces.

HUnewearl_Meira
Feb 27, 2002, 02:20 PM
No console uses its full capabilities with it's first released. It's when it's been getting developed for, for a couple of years, and developers have been testing its limits, that it becomes truely impressive. Now, the X-Box will either sink or swim, and considering that the X-Box has Microsoft's fortune behind it to back it up, it's got a flying rat's ass of a chance to really pick up. I'm not saying that it will. But seeing that it's being produced by a company that has already narrowly avoided becoming a monopoly in one related field, the same business sense may indeed create one hell of a competition for Sony and Nintendo.
I suppose that the biggest threat for Sony and Nintendo, concerning Microsoft, is that not only do they have massive funding for this thing, but they've also got 2 DECADES and then some, of experience in programming for things as simple as jokes and as mind-numbing as hardware manipulation. So even if 3rd party support doesn't come through, they've still got the skills necessary to create some truely mind-bogglingly complex stuff.
In other words... They have a chance.

Feb 27, 2002, 07:53 PM
I saw a site that said FFXI will have an average online fee of $4. I hope they can keep a leg up on the cheaters for such a meager amount

Feb 27, 2002, 08:03 PM
FINALLY someone sees these problems from a gamers POV. No real gamer gives a rats ass about graphics, if you want a pure graphics game go play LOD, or Bouncer. We have seen that graphics DONT make a game. About the systems Who gives an ass about any of them, all of their specs are so close that nobody can tell the difference anyways, from what I see if you like Nintendo characters and Resident Evil go with the cube, if you like Final Fantasy and Tekken go with PS2, if you like Halo and Microsoft Sim games get a box, isnt it all bout the games anyways what can a system do without games. The one thing this guy didnt cover was cheating, we all know that Game Shark is now dead there are however two others that can on theory still work if you know what to do ( and most of the little kiddies dont know how ). If you want to cheat then dont go bragging in chat rooms on how you beat a game in three hours WE ARE SICK OF IT AND MOST OF ALL WE DONT CARE. This is comming from the regs at Game Room:1 on Yahoo. BTW do you know how many people who think they know FF but only know FF7,8 and 9 we have made look like dumb asses, YES kiddies there are games before FF7 the BEST FF games were before FF7.

HUnewearl_Meira
Feb 28, 2002, 03:01 AM
Eh... As far as Final Fantasy goes... It was at #6 that it really started to pick up... 5 was on crack... The first one was kinda confusing (though I would expect that from such an early RPG), 4... Honestly, I haven't played it to know enough about it to say anything. 6 was good. 7's still my personal favorite though. Just had a nice, emersive feel to it... Also it's my opinion that the battle system hit perfection with FF7... But that only means that it suits my own personal tastes better than any other Final Fantasy game I've played.

Mar 14, 2002, 11:09 AM
xbox is like the ps2,powerful and yet comes out with shabby games or System problems

Oct 18, 2002, 01:18 PM
i liked tactics.

and ff 6 was good.

4 was werird but the jap version was better.