PDA

View Full Version : Article: X-Box and GC PSO to be compatible with each other?

watashiwa
Apr 13, 2002, 12:17 PM
The JATE (Japan's Approval Institute for Telecommunications Equipment) has certified the use of the GameCube modem in Japan. The GC modem will be released within the next few months in Japan, alongside the launch of Phantasy Star Online. On top of that, it seems Sega has announced that the GameCube and Xbox versions of Phantasy Star Online will be able to communicate with each other; allowing people from both camps to possibly team up and save your people!
This submission received through e-mail from Darrin.

Apr 14, 2002, 12:04 PM
Hey there sure is alot more of us BBA users out there now then there was when PSO first came out.....I know Xbox will have it automatically but I have a GC????? Nintnendo better not forget the BB users out there!!!

Apr 14, 2002, 02:11 PM
amen

Apr 16, 2002, 05:57 AM
ItSEEMS Sega has announced GC/XBOX compatibility? What the hell does that mean, and where's a link to the official announcement? No proof=lie.

Apr 16, 2002, 07:25 AM
i wish Nintendo would think of a way to transfer chars from the dc so i wouldnt feel like im wasting my time playing pso v2 right now

DKDeath
Apr 27, 2002, 12:44 PM
The fact X-Box PSO aint been started yet sugests the game will be different to Ep 1&2, last i heard about it (from an interview with Mr Naka) he said they are still waiting for the goahead from Microsoft.
In an interview a while ago Mr Naka said there would be no cross platform play, since there is no official proof this has changed... someones telling lies.

neo_beta
May 22, 2002, 10:31 PM
...this could be a good thing.. or a bad thing.. giving X-Box the same Game might lose some of Gamecubes fame, for compitition.. or it could increase the poulairity of Gamecube by allowing frinds frome different sides to communicate and cooperate with each outher. But i am pretty shure that more good will come out of this thane bad, well i am gonig too get an X-Box soon, so then i'll be able too buy the cheepest Adapter Modem for the two Systems....