PDA

View Full Version : Article: More news on PSO Episode 1 and 2!

Castelak
May 18, 2002, 09:44 AM
GameSpot interviewed Charles Bellfield of Sega of America today. When asked if PSO Ep: 1 & 2 will be pay-to-play Bellfield replied, "Yes, there will be a subscription service for PSO Episode I & II. Of course, that may change--it may be free." In addition the same interview states, that Mr. Bellfield killed the idea for cross platform online PSO. When asked if the idea was feaseable, he said no, citing the reason as the fact X-box live will be a closed system, but said that in the future Gamecube and PS2 should have no problem connecting. You can view the whole article here (http://gamespot.com/gamespot/stories/news/0,10870,2866148,00.html). Lastly, there seems to be screenshots of a ruins level, which is speculated as being a Pioneer 1 level! You can check the screens for yourself at New Technix (http://www.newtechnix.com/Affichage_Article.php3?Id_Article=5388) (Not English) Many thanks to Blueblur, tst-leader, and King_Neo_X for this information!

May 18, 2002, 10:08 AM
Not to sound like a jerk or anything, but that site, New Technix, is a French site.. not Spanish.

Greg
May 18, 2002, 12:46 PM
Looks like my P1 prediction was right ^_^ (I hope my motherbrain is too)
Also, Us "speaking out will have no realistic effect on pay to play. Sega is not going to loose money for us.

saffaya
May 18, 2002, 12:49 PM
Don't you start telling people to complain (again) against any fee for online playing.
Whiners and wussies almost deprived Us from DC V2, granting us almost 6 month a delay.
Now you will protest against GC PSO ?
Just slow down a bit on your smokes and you'll be able to put $5 a month.

King_Neo_X
May 18, 2002, 01:02 PM
I think that I said it was French. ^_^; (Double checks.) I can't remember. *facefault*

WEBSTER
May 19, 2002, 02:13 AM
you know why the x-box version will be closed off.... because its gonna rock!!!

HUnewearl_Meira
May 19, 2002, 02:54 AM
I heard a rumor that the Xbox version was going to allow teams up to 8 people...

May 19, 2002, 02:55 AM
And I get this info from EGM: Microsoft has one standardized closed set of Microsoft Servers, wheras PS2 andGamecube offer more server "freedom" as you might say. By leaving the servers up to the third parties, it leaves Sony and Nintendo not have to take the responsibility and by leaving payment up to the third parties and allowing that money to go to them largely, it makes it more profitable for the third parties as well. So just because the Xbox version is "closed" doesn't necessarily mean it's "gonna rock", fanboy.

May 19, 2002, 02:58 AM
And opinions are like assholes, everyone has one and all of them stink.

May 19, 2002, 07:33 AM
i would agree with you and not with the fanboy...i feel that xbox doesn't want there servers open because they don't want there cheesy windows crashing the gamecube and ps2 servers (when and if the PS2 ones come out)...cuz nintendo would get pissed with that inferior OS running the show and crashing everything

Greg
May 19, 2002, 12:16 PM
ypu are such an idiot.

May 19, 2002, 04:16 PM
and the fanboy isnt? you should examine yourself there first little buddy...and before you say anything..try to figure out if it was serious or not

Castelak
May 19, 2002, 07:59 PM
Settle down children. =P

WEBSTER
May 20, 2002, 01:03 AM
fanboy...... hmmmm a fanboy would have an x-box..... i do not have a ps2, cube or x-box.... but thanks i am a fan, a fan for pso and i only want the best pso possible and it sounds to be the box version.... as for pso for ps2 havent heard a thing about it, i think its the sports games you can crossplatform not pso..... so like the dreamcast was... the x-box will be...... as the cube will soon, all alone on there system pso will be...... oh well, i will have fun playing the best version :)

HUnewearl_Meira
May 20, 2002, 12:44 PM
Reading the actual interview, Bellfield was indeed refering to sports titles when he was talking about crossplatform online gaming between the GameCube and the PS2. There still is no plans to release a PS2 version of PSO, and I doubt there ever will be. Let's remember: Yuji Naka does not like the PS2, so it is therefore highly unlikely that you will ever see a Sonic Team game on the PS2, especially a high-profile game like PSO.

HUnewearl_Meira
May 20, 2002, 12:49 PM
Eh, rumors are a bit more than opinions. Afterall, I've seen dozens of rumors concerning PSO to turn out to be true. Such as the Battle Mode and Challenge modes on PSOv2, for example. Rumors usually start either from actual information that someone leaked, or by some idiot wanting to impress his friends. Personally, I heard that rumor about the Xbox version from a guy that works at the local Funcoland. They're pretty reliable for some information, such as release dates and such, though information like the rumor I mentioned can be a little bit iffy. Sometimes they're wrong, and sometimes they're right on the money.

May 20, 2002, 09:08 PM
i agree with you there and it makes sense...we all know for a fact that PSO will not go on the PS2..if it did it would be an act of God. FF11 will give good competition to PSO...but the reviews i have read from the beta testers say that FF11 isn't that good yet...and if PSO would be on the PS2..i think it would give the final fantasy team and squaresoft a run for its money

neo_beta
Jul 4, 2002, 12:11 AM
.....Im not shure, but I amm pretty confident those ..are not, pictures of a Pioneer 1, in the Ruins.. infact.. I believe the pictures I saw, were those of the ..new "Swamp" area..... But i could be wrong..... lets just say an edjucated geuss hmm......?

Geno15
Jul 4, 2002, 01:56 AM
But can androids make educated guesses........just a thought