PDA

View Full Version : Article: PK Possible!

eRUPT
Oct 24, 2002, 05:23 AM
Darrin writes, "This time it's in the Nintendo GameCube edition of Phantasy Star Online Episode I & II (and perhaps the upcoming Xbox edition as well). This is not a rumor or theory, it is very real indeed. The good news is that it probably won't be a problem. It's not very useful (the PKer would get nothing since you don't drop your weapon after dying), it works in a very limited number of situations, and it might even be fixed in the U.S. version. On top of that, we don't know of anyone besides us who actually knows how to do it. So is an $8.95 monthly fee, two possible security flaws, and a cheesy Halloween quest going to keep gamers away from the latest installment of the now legendary series? We really doubt it."

Oct 24, 2002, 06:43 AM
I've been playing online every day for a month there isn't any pk going on. I don't know where you claim to get this info but i'm pretty sure if anyone had been pked i or people i see online would have seen something and i haven't.

KodiaX987
Oct 24, 2002, 08:58 AM
There would be a reason to PK; if I recall, money is harder to come across in the game. And I think someone said that even if you don't drop your weapon in GC/Xbox PSO, you still drop your cash.

rena-ko
Oct 24, 2002, 09:13 AM
wasnt it that you unequip the weapon an lose the cash when dieing? you dont drop the money, it simply gets set to 0.

KodiaX987
Oct 24, 2002, 09:21 AM
But why would they do that only when you unequip your weapon?... That doesn't make sense to me! o.O

Oct 24, 2002, 09:25 AM
You drop nothing, your weapon is unequipped, you only lose money if you're not revived and you choose to go to the nurse, if you're revived by a team mate you don't lose your money.

Davion
Oct 24, 2002, 09:41 AM
As long as they can't screw up my items, let them kill me. They won't be enough to keep me offline, I've waited to long for this. HERE I COME CHEATERS, DO YOUR WORST!

KodiaX987
Oct 24, 2002, 11:02 AM
Ah! That's more like it. :D Well, at least the fact that you can't be put at a disadvantage by PKing is one good punch straight into the cheaters' faces. I still have concerns about item modding and duping though... :/

Kupi
Oct 24, 2002, 01:59 PM
Not to say that item modding and duping are acceptable by any stretch of the imagination, but I would much rather have a poor item economy than a standing threat to the security of my character's data by lamers. ;P

Still... down with all cheating! ^_^

KodiaX987
Oct 25, 2002, 09:20 AM
Touche!

bobdroid47
Oct 25, 2002, 07:03 PM
The info orginated from my website, and you are right there is no PKing going on online. As it said it only works in a very limited number of situations. Online Mode is not one of them. But it is possible.

Oct 25, 2002, 09:03 PM
first of all u dont drop your money it just dissappears...second of all that news was from www.psunlimited.com and u should give credit to where u found the info that would be apreciated ^_^

only1gameguru
Oct 25, 2002, 09:58 PM
damn i going to miss it i can only get the game nov 4