PDA

View Full Version : Article: Nintendo Euro Reaffirms March 7 Date For Pal PSO, BBA And Modem

Saladwood
Feb 18, 2003, 03:06 AM
AceLeonhart writes, "In an article over at CVG (www.computerandvideogames.com ), who have been following PAL PSO news rather well, it can be confirmed that there will be no delay in the release of the Modem or BBA. Both will be out march 7. Quoted from CVG: "Shelly Friend, head of European PR for Nintendo, told us: "There is absolutely no truth in [the delay]. Both the broadband and modem adapter for GameCube will launch on March 7 simultaneously with Phantasy Star Online."" "The confusion was largely cleared earlier today in a statement by Koch, with the company accepting full responsibility for the mix-up. Referring to the March 28 date Koch was giving out to official enquiries, the statement read: "The date... was incorrect. This date was a date used by us to set up the product code on our system. The date originally supplied to us was March '03."" You can find the full article over at the site (www.computerandvideogames.com) "

UPDATE:
Cube-Europe (http://www.cube-europe.com/news.php?nid=3688) confirms PAL PSO to go on sale on March 7 also.
"Infogrames issued a press release confirming Phantasy Star Online is still to be released on the 7th of March.
Phantasy Star Online Episode 1&2 will be the first online game available on NINTENDO GAMECUBE. To play online you will need to purchase a NINTENDO GAMECUBE Broadband adapter or Modem adapter priced at around 45-50 Euros and acquire a 'Hunters Licence', which can be purchased for 5.99 pounds or 8.95 euros for 30 days. The first 30 days are free!"

Feb 18, 2003, 04:03 AM
I just like to say that PSO life had this information up 5 odd days ago.

LollipopLolita
Feb 18, 2003, 05:31 AM
well good for them

Feb 18, 2003, 05:32 AM
well maybe PSO life would like to start CREDITING THEIR NEWS SOURCES someday.

Feb 18, 2003, 03:28 PM
Yeah especially since half of their news is copied straight from PSOW, and some word for damn word.

azcn2503
Feb 21, 2003, 10:23 AM
I was seriously thinking about getting PSOe1&2, until I discovered it costed £5 per month!?!?

Serious disappointment. I won't be getting the game now.