PDA

View Full Version : Article: JP Xbox Ship Names

LollipopLolita
Mar 15, 2003, 02:45 PM
lollipoplolita writes, "This might come as old news to some of you but here are the current JP Xbox ship names:

1:Aquamarine
2:Beryl
3:Crystal
4:Devilline
5:Emerald
6:Flourite
7:Garnet
8:Hauyne
9:Illite
10:Jasper
Interestingly, this time ST ditched using star names as ship names and went with names of gems or stones. The amount of users online for one day usually totals to around 1000 users on JP Xbox.
This is a breakdown of the average number of users and teams per ship at a random time:
<table width="200" border="0" align="center"> <tr> <td>Ship</td> <td>
Users </td> <td>
Teams </td> </tr> <tr> <td>01:Aquamarine </td> <td>
415 </td> <td>
121 </td> </tr> <tr> <td>02:Beryl </td> <td>
57 </td> <td>
21 </td> </tr> <tr> <td>03:Crystal </td> <td>
47 </td> <td>
15 </td> </tr> <tr> <td>04:Devilline </td> <td>
34 </td> <td>
14 </td> </tr> <tr> <td>05:Emerald </td> <td>
40 </td> <td>
14 </td> </tr> <tr> <td>06:Flourite </td> <td>
42 </td> <td>
15 </td> </tr> <tr> <td>07:Garnet </td> <td>
99 </td> <td>
30 </td> </tr> <tr> <td>08:Hauyne </td> <td>
25 </td> <td>
15 </td> </tr> <tr> <td>09:Illite </td> <td>
25 </td> <td>
11 </td> </tr> <tr> <td>10:Jasper </td> <td>
33 </td> <td>
11 </td> </tr> </table>
For graphical comparison: <table width="200" align="center"> <tr > <td width="50%">
Gamecube </td> <td width="50%">
Xbox </td> </tr> <tr> <td>
http://www.pso-world.com/images/screenshots/i/thumbs/13.jpg (http://dynamic2.gamespy.com/~psoworld/images/screenshots/i/screens/13.jpg) </td> <td>
http://www.pso-world.com/images/screenshots/x03-11-03/thumbs/Image1219.jpg (http://dynamic2.gamespy.com/~psoworld/images/screenshots/x03-11-03/Image1219.jpg) </td> </tr> </table>
There are more Xbox screenshots in the Screenshots (http://www.pso-world.com/screenshots.php) section for you to enjoy."

RagMasterRappy
Mar 15, 2003, 03:10 PM
GameCube and XBOX graphics will be the same as those pictures already prove.

eXo
Mar 15, 2003, 03:24 PM
Exactly I thought that it was just me, but I can see no obvious differences in P.S.O GameCube and P.S.O X-Box. oh yeah there is one BIG DIFFERENCE !!! X-BOX owners are still waiting to get the game :( to bad for them :P

Mar 15, 2003, 05:56 PM
it's pretty sad that it's been done since last year but they are all lazy releasing it. If i was buying it on xbox i'd be pretty mad

RagMasterRappy
Mar 15, 2003, 06:13 PM
Microsoft purposely delayed the release.

RagMasterRappy
Mar 15, 2003, 06:24 PM
Ignore the last comment..

G-Unit
Mar 15, 2003, 10:12 PM
Yo, what's the diff?

2Xtreme
Mar 16, 2003, 11:32 AM
A few dark, blurry screenshots of the title screen and Pioneer 2 aren't enough for you to base statements like "Xbox and GameCube PSO have the same graphics" on. I'd wait to see the actual game before saying anything more.

However, I still wouldn't be surprised if the Xbox and GameCube versions of PSO do look the same. Sega makes wonderful games, but they never seem to optimize them for the consoles that they will be played on. Sega ports to Xbox (and even GameCube) often have longer load times than they should, and take up too much memory space too.

IronKnight
Mar 16, 2003, 02:19 PM
Hah! Rag you are such a graphics pro man... Hey did you know Battlefield 1942 looks exactly the same on a GeForce 2 as it does on an Ati RADEON 9700 Pro? Ya I based my findings on the short cinematic that contains no actual real-time gameplay shots.

RagMasterRappy
Mar 16, 2003, 04:05 PM
The game was a direct port, so why would they change anything?

IronKnight
Mar 17, 2003, 12:19 AM
Most Xbox ports have some slight graphical fixes. Silent Hill 2, for example, featured much more detailed shadows and ran at a higher resolution. Although not a major difference it does look more improved than it's ps2 brethren.

Mar 17, 2003, 12:48 AM
Even if the XBOX version has .00005 more polygons, I wouldnt give a shit, because graphics arent the reason I play GC PSO.

Brant
Mar 17, 2003, 01:09 AM
There won't be any real noticeable difference between the GC and X-Block, uhh, x-box.

If we're comparing graphics. Let's compare the DC and GC versions for a moment, and what's interesting is the only difference I've seen between the GameCube and DreamCast versions of PSO are small.

And they are; 1. Your shadow on the ground looks like your characterer instead of a blot of ink and 2. The floor doesn't have the "fade line", a little line that I kept seeing on the DC version that appears several feet from your character, on one side the ground is in focus and on the other side it was out of focus.

Now for the two new heavy weights, I have a feeling there maybe a few small minor graphic updates, noticeable only by those that have played the PSO for a long time, hmm wonder who....

TerribleDeliMeat
Mar 17, 2003, 09:00 PM
Actually, there is some minor graphical changes. The XBOX version seems to have a little less pop up and some of the texture look less muddy.

However, those expecting magnificant changes will be sore.

RagMasterRappy
Mar 18, 2003, 11:53 AM
Must be your video connection because the textures look very rich and detailed to me. The popup thing is not a real major graphical change.

RagMasterRappy
Mar 18, 2003, 11:54 AM
That effect you're referring to is called mip mapping. I was using a VGA connection when playing DC PSO and I really didn't notice it that happening that badly.

eXo
Mar 19, 2003, 06:16 PM
Yes its true maybe I judged the mip mapping fact before taking it into full consideration, but hey I mean come on thats so minor to the naked eye you could not notice it,heck there are probly alot of freeware programmers out there who could overlook it. I love my X-Box but so far the only games that have utilized its power are some of the 1st party games like Halo hmm and well Panzer dragoon orta is nice but sega was working on it forever anywayz.Well I love my G-Cube and my PS2 and even my X-BOx but if microsoft wants to be around in the long run they better find away to seperate them selves from the pack. :)

Mar 19, 2006, 01:23 PM

Aug 22, 2006, 11:58 PM

Aug 23, 2006, 06:17 AM