PDA

View Full Version : Article: Tower Of West Heaven Quest

LollipopLolita
Jun 24, 2003, 02:49 AM
lollipoplolita writes, " The new online Tower of West Heaven quest is now up and available. We'll put up more news, screenshots (http://www.pso-world.com/screenshots.php?category=Quests&subcategory=The+West+Tower) and a guide as more information becomes available. Discuss (http://www.pso-world.com/viewtopic.php?topic=55971&forum=7&1) the new quest in our forums. This is an online quest for up to 4 people. The set up is the same as the East Tower quest but this time, you will start your quest in the Seabed level.
Description: Search for the Control Tower entry and secure a route to the top.
Client: Natasha Milarose
Job Description: Find the entrance to the Control Tower and secure a route to the top floor.

<table width="100%" border="0" cellpadding="0"> <tr> <td>
http://www.pso-world.com/images/screenshots/west/thumbs/the_west_tower_01.jpg (http://dynamic2b.gamespy.com/%7Epsoworld/images/screenshots/west/the_west_tower_01.jpg) </td> <td>
http://www.pso-world.com/images/screenshots/west/thumbs/the_west_tower_02.jpg (http://dynamic2b.gamespy.com/%7Epsoworld/images/screenshots/west/the_west_tower_02.jpg) </td> </tr> </table> Update:
More news, much thanks to Silvamord-Whitetail (http://www.pso-world.com/user.php?op=userinfo&uname=Silvamord-Whitetail) and Rhete (http://www.pso-world.com/user.php?op=userinfo&uname=Rhete)!
Percents can now be added to weapons due to the new quest. After loading the quest, talk to Hopkins and Paganini, who will ask you to find the reasearch data in the Seabed. Find the computer holding the data in Seabed, and then proceed to and beat Control Tower. Once completed, return the data to Hopkins and Paganini. Exit the quest, and then load up Gallons Shop. Talk to Hopkins and Paganini. Paganini will now offer to add percents to weapons based on photon drops and photon spheres.

-5% for 20 photon drops.
-30% for 1 photon sphere.

Certain rules do apply, and they are:
-Cannot add percent to an S-rank weapon.
-Cannot add percent to hit attribute, even if it has minimum 5%.
-Can add percent to the same attribute multiple times.
-Can add percent to any weapon other than S-rank.
-Can add percent to a 0%.
-Can (theoretically) add percent to a total of 100%.
-Can add percents to multiple attributes on the same weapon. .
-You can only have % in three areas. If you do and try to upgrade an area that has 0%, thats why you'll get an error
So we finally know a use for the photon sphere ! "

Silvamord-Whitetail
Jun 24, 2003, 03:02 AM
Percents can now be added to weapons due to the new quest. After loading the quest, talk to Hopkins and Paganini, who will ask you to find the reasearch data in the Seabed. Find the computer holding the data in Seabed, and then proceed to and beat Control Tower. Once completed, return the data to Hopkins and Paganini. Exit the quest, and then load up Gallons Shop. Talk to Hopkins and Paganini. Paganini will now offer to add percents to weapons based on photon drops and photon spheres.

-5% for 20 photon drops.

-30% for 1 photon sphere.

Certain rules do apply, and they are:

-Cannot add percent to an S-rank weapon.

-Cannot add percent to a 0%, it must be at least 5%.

-Cannot add percent to hit attribute, even if it has minimum 5%.

-Can add percent to the same attribute multiple times.

-Can add percent to any weapon other than S-rank.

-Can (theoretically) add percent to a total of 100%.

-Can add percents to multiple attributes on the same weapon.

-Can (theoretically) get up to 100% on all attributes, given they all have at least 5%.

If you have any other information or corrections, feel free to post it.

Rhete
Jun 24, 2003, 03:25 AM
You dont need to have 5% on a weapon, a friend tried to upgrade an enemy weapon (which always starts with all 0%) and it worked

You can only have % in three areas. If you do and try to upgrade an area that has 0%, thats why you'll get an error

Atax
Jun 24, 2003, 05:54 AM
Wow... ****ing wow!! :O

LINX
Jun 24, 2003, 08:54 AM
Yes! The return of megacheated multi percent weps! Now all the HUmars are gonna have 100% on those BKB:s and double cannons! And best of all: all the rangers will run around with needles with 100% on three attributes! Hurray!

Jun 24, 2003, 12:10 PM
Great, now this game is ruined for sure... There is now going to be mass photon sphere duping, and everyone one of you crappy ass players who can't play without a BKB or Needle are going to end up saying you are the "bestest playas ever"... Yes, most of you people have verbal skills such as that... Let's us thank two people for this great leap forward in making this game even more cheater friendly, the Sonic Team and this place, PSO World... This site more than any is cheater friendly... Let's give this place a big hand-shake for helping to fuck us... Good job...

AydnHyron
Jun 24, 2003, 12:45 PM
Hmmmm, this isn't what I thought it was going to be. I originally thought that yes we would be able to add %'s to weapons, but I thought it was only going to be S-rank weapons. ST did this backwards from what I thought. I have to say that I'm not to pleased with their decision to add %'s to all other weapons besdies S-ranks. Wouldn't it make more sense to add it to S-ranks only then to add to everything else. Because we will have this problem of 100% BKB and TJ, which are already over the top powerful. I think ST should have thought about this more.

Jun 24, 2003, 01:23 PM
THE END IS COMIN!!!

In one week there will be 100% attribute weapons everywhere...the dupin only started 3 hours after the quest went live...I thought it would have taken at least 3 days....

and we have Sonic Team to thank....

Jun 24, 2003, 03:52 PM
hmm... "crapy azz players who cant play without a BKB or Needle.." Well im pretty good, couple characters lvl160+ and I think your a NippleHead! those are two of the best weps for Hunter and Ranger respectively, and youd be crappy if you didn't use them! If your kind of thing is: restricting your ability and not playing at your full capibilty, go to Cmode, thats what its all about and its fun too, But when not in Cmode ill keep using my Needle and walkin up and down ur azz when playing, OK?

scmfxt
Jun 24, 2003, 04:06 PM
Hmm.. Upgrade for S-Rank weapon is good but not the regular weapon (except for those that got 0% to start with). Oh well...

DarkDragon7
Jun 24, 2003, 04:42 PM
Yeah I decided to STOP TRADING PERIOD! I will continue to remain using only the stuff I have. At least I'll know that my S&Y is legit even if it isn't mega duped and mega powerful.

Jun 24, 2003, 09:37 PM
oh my one of those 'crappy azz playas' he was talkin about has posted...I don't need no stinkin needle or BKB...I use a wide range of weapons and do not restrict myself to the "best" ranger or hunter weapon around...

And I don't use them because they would be restricting my fighting ability, a true warrior would use a diverse range of weapons and not stick to one...

Jun 25, 2003, 02:27 PM
I F u ck ing HATE PSO SO MUCH.MY CHar. was just corrupted and im pissed.I HOPE ALL those f u c k ing Hackers and dupers die in their sleep. I had complete legit char. I ve worked so hard and just got online. NOW after i post this I AM GOING TO BURN MY F U C K I NG GAME CUBE AND ALL COMPONENTS. DOWN WITH THE F U C K I NG JAPANESE NINTENDO.

Jun 25, 2003, 02:54 PM
Yeah I never trade myself, I cant believe what they did. I'm hoping they'll take this away after they see the mass unfairness they have just caused. I like to depend on myself. Its gotta be pretty boring just getting a buncha dupes anyways.

Kaeorii
Jun 27, 2003, 01:21 PM
A true warrior, yes.. but remember.. you're just another soul on a videogame..not a warrior. I kinda agree with both sides, just depends on my mood. But christ, people take all this seriously.. which so makes me wanna quit PSO all the more..meh, anyway..I'm kinda 50-50 on the %s thing.. I kinda like it, as I boosted my level 178 RAmarl's Geist arms quite a bit for Mines and Ruin runs. Haha.. but I can also see your point, I tried on a Tsumikiri for fun...boosted a beast to about 90%...offline, my HUnewearl was doing up to 1200 with a critical hit on Ult caves.. meh... yeah, it's gonna get sick very soon...but hell.. it's just a game, right? ....although some don't seem to think so..