PDA

View Full Version : Article: PSOX Duping Update

LollipopLolita
Jul 3, 2003, 03:06 PM
Deltina_Wildfire writes, "Microsoft released a mandatory patch to PSOX today in an attempt to stop duped items from spreading. The patch is automatically downloaded to the Xbox hard drive when you attempt to log into PSOX. It stops the online and offline shops duping."

Discuss this issue in our forums (http://www.pso-world.com/viewtopic.php?topic=57194&forum=1&4).

Samm
Jul 3, 2003, 04:19 PM
All i can say is.... YAAAAAAAY! :)

Merek
Jul 3, 2003, 05:04 PM
yeah i was mentioning this in the xbox forums and this forum, and finally they do something about it, although their are many other meathoda this one was popular and 1 step closer to stoping duped item, but the hard part is to get rid of the hacking.

but its to bad this patch was too late, the item economy has been damaged and duped 100x over

Shanris_1
Jul 3, 2003, 07:43 PM
Its about time...

Maybe it's to late to get rid of what's been duped, but look at it this way, atleast they're trying to do something about the problem. But yes...it is a bit late.

AndyPandy
Jul 4, 2003, 03:57 AM
Thing is, this is a patch, I wonder what else they can do with future patches. Can someone confirm if this has been done on EU ships as well.

Samm
Jul 4, 2003, 04:48 AM
Yea, thats what i was thinking. I hadn't previously thought they'd be able to patch the shop dupe trick, but obviously they can so maybe they could do quite a lot in the future.

As for EU, i went on last night (it is now 10:47 in the morning) after i'd read this news post but no patch then, so i'm assuming we haven't got it yet. :(

Starman
Jul 4, 2003, 04:59 AM
As always we get left out.

Jul 4, 2003, 09:53 AM
sadly i think i might be to little to late

Pulsar
Jul 4, 2003, 03:48 PM
Stopping Duped items was the smartest thing PSO could have ever done. It destroyed the purpose, and you didnt have to work for ANYTHING. The dark flows, the J-swords, and the Sange&Yasha, were common then a virista, or even a club of laconium for that matter, I salute microsoft for that, and sonic team.

Pulsar
Jul 4, 2003, 03:52 PM
No more duping, well, all my life I hated Hackers, and cheaters, if they cant play the game well, they result to cheating/hacking, which was really done, but thanks to sonic team and microsoft, that has stopped, but the question is, is there a way around the people who have action replay? Hopefully that wont become a problem. Whenever I sucked at a game, haha, I resulted to the tutorial.

Jul 6, 2003, 03:40 PM
u ppl r fukking pathetic,who cares if ppl dupe and hack,sega can try to stop them but they always find another way,and besides its just a game,gotta kinda realize life doesnt depend on a lil video game.if u take it seriously just advoid the hackers and stop joining there games,ppl hv many diff ways of hving fun,u cant run from them and they always show,kinda pointless to keep bytching bout it

Firocket1690
Jul 8, 2003, 03:07 AM
I'm not on the X, but I'm still glad they did SOMEHTING about it ...

YaY !! for those playing 'box

not ... to get Nintendo to get up off his ass and do something about PSO on the GAMECUBE

Jul 9, 2003, 05:46 AM
Your reply makes me wonder who's the pathetic one here.

Jul 10, 2003, 01:55 PM
Yeah? Great, so when I lose my weapon in FSOD, I can't go find a duper to get another one? Now how about fixing the FSOD?!?!

Jul 13, 2003, 05:47 AM
yes thats right they need 2 fix fsod becouse u wont be able to dupe ur wepon back if u lose it its not fare that they leave the fsod and not change it

Jul 23, 2003, 03:06 PM
this hasnt yet been done on the EU server i hope it is soon

blade2569
Oct 28, 2003, 01:31 PM
dupe is bad

from gamecube gamer

Apr 8, 2004, 05:31 PM
I like duping and I need to know how to using an action replay on xbox anyone know how?

Apr 21, 2004, 05:47 PM
duping is good for people who have little time to play an otherwise fun game. if i have to play a week straight just to keep up with some of the other players, who probably also dupe, where's the fun in that? i have a job. im working on a master's degree. i have a life. but i also like PSO. so crucify me if you want, but at least my 1304 mag is cool.

p.s. there are people out there who bitch and moan about duping/hacking but do the same anyway. what's to say that special weapon you "legitamately" traded yesterday wasn't duped? you have no lie detector. chill out.