PDA

View Full Version : XBOX: What else can i use the keybroad for?

RaNDoMMai
Apr 27, 2003, 09:51 PM
I got the usb adapter thats lets me use the keybroad for xbox pso. But all it seems to do is type letters fast for chat. Well what is the point of that since we have voice chat?

Is there anyway to set hotkeys so i can use the keybroad to cast spells or use items fast?

TIA
~RaNDoMMAI

Huntley
Apr 27, 2003, 09:56 PM
do some lobby dancin! Boogie Oogie oogie!

hucasts_rock
Apr 27, 2003, 10:25 PM
tou gotta love those crazy lobby actions! (especially male characters that do female actions...it's quite funny doing that, hehe http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif)

PuffDaMagicTran
Apr 27, 2003, 10:29 PM
i like the keyboard to mail my friends and announce what im trading in the lobbies instead of yelling out "Double saber for trade!!"

Huntley
Apr 27, 2003, 10:41 PM
i think itd be wierd talking to people, i dunno why just weird concept, im so used to typing

RaNDoMMai
Apr 28, 2003, 09:56 AM
So there is nothing i can do with the heybroad in terms of casting spells or using items fast??

if not, do you think we can request for a patch for this funtcion?

~RaNDoMMAI

TerribleDeliMeat
Apr 28, 2003, 10:14 AM
The adaptor was a last minute addition to the US release. Infact, half of the keys wont work properly.

Unless Microsoft has another title planned for keyboard support, I'm tossing it after I'm done with PSO.

MagicPink
Apr 28, 2003, 10:44 AM
Dood, keyBOARD. Not keyBROAD. Although keybroad is pretty dang funny.

-I am the Gatekeeper; are you the Keybroad MP

abrader
Apr 28, 2003, 12:33 PM
Or....

You can hook a USB HDD up to the adaptor, and your XBOX dashboard will recognize it as a memory card, formattr it, and let you copy game saves to it....

Great way to back up your XBOX HDD....and not be restricted to the 500 blocks a standard XBOX mem card has....

Nidarrock
Apr 28, 2003, 12:56 PM
Having a 22 month old daughter, the keyboard is a blessing to my teamates and freinds. When she doesn't want to go to bed and/or gets fussy. The mic is muted and the Keyboard is used. I can hear them and I can still communictae. Plus using it for Snail Mail is great.

RaNDoMMai
Apr 28, 2003, 01:12 PM
On 2003-04-28 10:56, Nidarrock wrote:
Having a 22 month old daughter, the keyboard is a blessing to my teamates and freinds. When she doesn't want to go to bed and/or gets fussy. The mic is muted and the Keyboard is used. I can hear them and I can still communictae. Plus using it for Snail Mail is great.

what is snail mail
i have only been online twice

o yeah

KEYBOARD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

=)

~RaNDoMMAI

Nidarrock
Apr 28, 2003, 02:11 PM
Sorry, it's what my friends and I call Simple Mail.

Danderdag
Apr 28, 2003, 05:00 PM
Keyboard text is instantaneous as well, while voice has a slight delay. Depending on what you're saying it's advantageous to use the KB instead, and you can only use it for PSO at this time (hence why it says 'XBOX PSO E1&2 KB ADAPTER).
If you really don't see the use of it, why did you order it? I think having chat AND the keyboard is great, sometimes I don't really feel like talking, but I can still hear what people say and type responses (I type over 100WPM so it's not too bad), but then when I'm fighting I can still chat so I don't have to drop the controller.

RaNDoMMai
Apr 28, 2003, 09:41 PM
On 2003-04-28 15:00, Danderdag wrote:
Keyboard text is instantaneous as well, while voice has a slight delay. Depending on what you're saying it's advantageous to use the KB instead, and you can only use it for PSO at this time (hence why it says 'XBOX PSO E1&2 KB ADAPTER).
If you really don't see the use of it, why did you order it? I think having chat AND the keyboard is great, sometimes I don't really feel like talking, but I can still hear what people say and type responses (I type over 100WPM so it's not too bad), but then when I'm fighting I can still chat so I don't have to drop the controller.

Well i had ordered it in hope of using it to cast spells and use items fast. i'm used to use a keyboard from diablo. my bad. i like to have like 10 hotkeys for stuff.

~RaNDoMMAI

lyricaldanichan
Apr 29, 2003, 05:59 AM
I hate using voice chat since 99% of the time people are acting like total asses! I am not talking about hormonal male teens, but the adults that play.. oh man!

Danielle