PDA

View Full Version : DON'T attack the boss when someone is dead!

brillyfresh
Apr 27, 2003, 09:55 PM
today i was fighting vhard falz with 2 FOs and a RAcast ... being around levels 45-55, i expected this to be somewhat of a chore (i was 72)

now i don't know how many times they've gone up against falz, in whatever difficulty, but there are simple things you do and don't do when fighting falz:

stay together and don't stray from the group (so if one person casts resta/anti/shifta/deband, the whole group is affected, and if someone dies, the rest of us don't have to run all the way to the other side of the arena to revive)
bring dolls and drop a couple of moons if necessary
have dimate or trimate hotkeyed (for the Darvants and final form)
most importantly, do NOT attack falz when another character is dead or possessed, unless another teammate is there to revive/heal instantly and/or repeatedly

these idiots ran around like chickens with their heads cut off the whole time, and by the time we got to the final form, whenever falz casted grants, what do they do? keep attacking! nevermind that their health is in the yellow, and that he's about to swipe at you right after grants ... ugh ...

i spent most of my time running around (because they we're all over the map) and casting resta and using moons ... until i ran out ... then one of the forces died because the other kept attacking while he was possessed, and he couldn't keep up with resta and no one was close enough to him to resta (hello? trimate? instant full health? duh) .. i ran out of moons and couldn't revive him, while the others kept hammering away at falz, then DING! falz was dead

i griped at them afterwards for not reviving their teammate first, and all the RAcast did was "lol" at me, and THEN after falz was dead and they had collected all the boxes, he revived him!

disgusting lack of teamwork

Aurra
Apr 27, 2003, 10:04 PM
TACKLE THEM!!

On a more serious note, yes, people can be idiots. I too know the pain of FFWIS (Facing Falz With Idiots Syndrome). We should play together sometime http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

ShieldDragon
Apr 27, 2003, 11:21 PM
Ya. Some people just don't care to work as a team. Or maybe the other three people on your team knew each other and were giving each other a hard time.

In any case, alot of PSO deals with teamwork. Sorry man, it just wasn't there. Kudos to you, tho.

brillyfresh
Apr 29, 2003, 02:19 AM
actually, since starting two new characters, i've seen quite a lot of this and similar lack of teamwork in hard and vhard teams, and normal difficulty teams are flat out terrible ... kind of refreshing to know how good it is to be in ultimate with more experienced players (some of them anyway)

i even missed the little monsters for a while ... now i miss the goofy Bartles http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

brillyfresh
Apr 30, 2003, 07:36 PM
for the love of GOD! today it happened to me ... i got possessed, they kept shooting, i died, and falz died in the next hit

gotta love mechguns ...

CGoodness
Apr 30, 2003, 07:46 PM
If such bad teams can still get through VHard like that, a good team must be unstoppable or something.

Sorry bout your experience, Brillyfresh.

Davka
May 1, 2003, 12:06 PM
I know what you mean...this happened to me once where I died 3 times at a boss in one day and the idiots left me dead and kept attacking...twice at falz and once at vol opt. I broke my disc that day...You're right though that everybody needs to stay in a group when fighting the boss. Also, if there's a force in the group and the group is going to die a lot revive the force so they can cast reverser on the rest of the group so you don't waste your moons.

*I had to edit b/c I said ryuker instead of reverser *embarrassed*

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Davka on 2003-05-01 10:08 ]</font>

ophiel
May 1, 2003, 10:32 PM
Good call.

This is a growing trend among many multiplayer games now-adays. Really selfish players are populating the servers, and the games crash and burn.

But I dont know what to do about it.
Youd think that anyone familiar with the PS series would be used to working in a group. But then again, most of the jerks that play have never heard of the PS series. - They just think PSO is "phat."

nathan
ophiel.
Lv. 66 fomar.
[mars army]
-lafayette division leader-
[echelon]

Logical2u
May 2, 2003, 07:34 AM
Most of the time, one falz first form (not darvants) you get seperated because the Hunters get trapped behind him when he spins. On last form, everyone runs like crazy, but usually the person possesed attacks Falz, because he is closest.

brillyfresh
May 3, 2003, 12:37 AM
i understand that teammates can be cut off from the rest of the team at times, especially during the first form after darvants, and again at the beginning of the final form, but it only takes a few seconds to regroup, plenty of time before falz dies (i have never seen falz's final form completed in less than a few seconds)

and i'm not really sure that the person closest to falz gets possessed, i used to think it was the one who had done the most damage to him, but now i think it's just random

Vanango
May 3, 2003, 09:16 AM
oi.

I agree.

I've played with too many of these. I hate when I'm a FO and it's locked on me and some RA or Hu starts attacking w/ mech guns. Hello? I wonder how people can play video games and not use their brain. It's perplexing to me.

Anyways if anyone is locked, foie and resta, period. Weapons = death.