PDA

View Full Version : Article: GAME OVER YEAHHH!

PrinceBrightstar
Apr 1, 2005, 11:52 PM
And so the day has come to an end. To everyone that said all three stories were fake, Congratulations. You fell for the trap!
I played a game of The Boy Who Cried Wolf with all of you. I expected people to not believe any story any more after 2 lies, and that's exactly what happened as I can tell. Here's how it all went down.
Story 1: Episode V. Completely fake. The only thing that is possibly true is Blue Burst USA coming out this month, but that's only based on the front page sega.com poll. The video was made by editing frame by frame at 1600% zoom in photoshop all 18 frames that make up the running animation of a HUmar. That was then colored all over with Blue and I placed that with a blue screen effect on top of a video cropped from Metroid Prime.
Story 2: The recall isn't true, but the lawsuit is! It actually started a few years ago between Immersion, the company that developed the tech, and Sony and Microsoft named as the patent infringers. Microsoft settled out of court, but Sony didn't, and they were slapped with a 90.7 million fine. You can read all of the details here (http://www.gamespot.com/news/2005/03/28/news_6121137.html). Sony is currently in an injunction which is allowing them to continue selling while it appeals.
Story 3: This is where the game ended. The trap was set, and the play was made. Everything about this story was true, except for the part about Episode V and that was simply a link back to the first story of the day.
Well I hope you all enjoyed playing in today's little game. Until next year, Happy April Fools Day!

butzopower
Apr 2, 2005, 01:28 AM
"Yay! Finally some new details about the release date. Brr...better bring my jacket."

Was that an anonymous comment by you Johnathan_F?

Apr 2, 2005, 03:50 AM
"The recall isn't true, but the lawsuit is!"

I should have specified. I thought the lawsuit could have been real, but I knew for a fact that the recall was not. Not because I went to the stores to check or anything, but because that's just way to far fetched.

Apr 2, 2005, 12:18 PM
dont ever do somthig that sirious again.

I was plaing to get a ps2 or 3 some time.

Apr 2, 2005, 03:53 PM
johnathan, when the frick are you going to take off that mag feeder heading its been there way too long

PrinceBrightstar
Apr 2, 2005, 08:03 PM
I don't have control over that. I can only post news. eRUPT handles that...if he ever gets around to changing it again...

Apr 3, 2005, 01:11 AM
above^

way to go :)

Mixfortune
Apr 3, 2005, 07:16 PM
"And so the day has come to an end. To everyone that said all three stories were fake, Congratulations. You fell for the trap!"

How exactly did they fall for the trap if they knew the stories were fake? <_<

v-boi2002
Apr 3, 2005, 07:37 PM
Trap? what trap?

butzopower
Apr 3, 2005, 09:47 PM
Freeze.

Mixfortune
Apr 5, 2005, 06:20 AM
Confuse.

Rianna_Type1
Apr 6, 2005, 08:32 PM
It's called "reading the news post". The trap was that story #3 was true and not fake.. durrrrrr..