PDA

View Full Version : 'last survivor', is it really all that?

Indighost
Apr 28, 2003, 03:35 AM
I'm just curious, I just got one, can't use it (too damn low ATP damn it!) but I want to know if it is as good as it says it is.

And if not, oh well, I'll probably use it anyway as it looks so damn cool.

BOmar
Apr 28, 2003, 03:42 AM
It is pretty cool, just because it looks and sounds so good http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif
It is a long sword, so attacks many enemies at once and its special attack steals hp.

I use it a lot on levels with many enemies.

rena-ko
Apr 28, 2003, 04:28 AM
dont forget the 20 HP you get when equipping it. that saved Lorelei several times.

yeah, the looks, that awesome sound especially when slicing through ruins type monsters, great weapon.
i just put it in the bank because my srank was readily ground.

Dime
Apr 28, 2003, 04:35 AM
It's a bit slow though.

rena-ko
Apr 28, 2003, 04:40 AM
yeah, it needs a little bit tactics, but its a real help in... addicting food quest runs (with player:vulmer rates of 1:6+).

Dime
Apr 28, 2003, 05:31 AM
Player vulmer rates? What's all that mean?

Indighost
Apr 28, 2003, 05:35 AM
addicting food quest runs (with player:vulmer rates of 1:6+).

well, heh, yeah, who wouldn't know a simple thing like that?

?.?

so, in my understanding (inept, but you'll love it when i say things like that) it is a very nicley shaped gigush, or similar big sword type weapon.

Madzozs
Apr 28, 2003, 08:19 AM
Looks like I'll start looking for one of those bad boys. Who else thinks it looks kind of like Rambo's knife?

Goza
Apr 28, 2003, 08:23 AM
It's a big rambo knife. It steals HP, which is crucial with mobs of enemies. Try to avoid 3-hit combos and go for weak/hard or weak/hp-steal. You'll get hit after the second swing unless you book it the other direction.

I think Rena means there are 6 vulmers to every character. I'm assuming this means per room, because addicting food (when I do it offline) has more than 6 vulmers http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

SubstanceD
Apr 28, 2003, 01:45 PM
It's pretty good. I fell in love with it instantly because it looked like a gigantic Rambo knife however by the time I got my hands on one I had a Musashi which had more ATP, hit more times and had some pretty decent percentages on it so I let my Last Survivor sit in my item box for ages without using it, however by the time I got to Hard Mines and Hard Ruins I realied that my Musashi was not going to cut it and that I needed a sword ( a proper sword ) and it is now my weapon of choice for these two levels, it's special really comes in handy especailly against weaker enemies like Claws ( the perfect time to regain all that health I lost while fighting against Del Sabres ). It is noticeably slower than my Flowens Sword ( maybe it's just the sound it makes playing tricks on my mind ) but the better ATP, better ATA and the added HP really makes up for it's lack of speed ( it's still fast enough ).