PDA

View Full Version : Article: Updated Section ID Calculator

Tomeeboy
Jul 18, 2005, 05:31 PM
We have a brand new Section ID calculator, complete with Blue Burst functionality. This calculator is backwards compatible, and can also find the section ID for older versions of PSO with the click of a button. We also hope to add some other great features to this tool in the next few days, so stay tuned! Head on over and check it out HERE (secid_BB.php).
Thanks go out to XFox Prower (http://xfox.digibase.ca/) for contributing this great new tool!

ColonD
Jul 19, 2005, 12:50 PM
I have one problem with the new section ID calculator:

In older versions of PSO, or at least the gamecube one,

You can have longer names then the calculator allows now.

'Cause the first name I tried, 'Zara Vallaru'

I only got as far as: 'Zara Valla'

><

Tancient
Jul 21, 2005, 04:12 AM
Yeah....that ID doesn't work right either. Kept giving me the wrong ID for the names I was putting in. Finally had to go back to my old BB ID calc. That still works like a charm. Only thing is its not backwards compatible.

Tomeeboy
Jul 21, 2005, 09:41 AM
There is an updated version that will fix the name size issue.

As for the calculator giving incorrect section IDs, could you be more specific? Were the names for PSO Blue Burst? If so, did you make sure to leave the box UNCHECKED?

Everything I've tried on it has worked. If you have a name that doesn't, please let us know, along with what the correct section ID is. Also, remember that it is case sensitive.

Tancient
Jul 21, 2005, 12:45 PM
Box left unchecked, and I DO realize case, spacing, etc factors into it. Your ID calc has none (or improper) unicode support. So your calc probably works if I attempt to keep the name format the same as back on ep1+2, which means no 1/2 symbols, no Japanese symbols, music notes, etc.

Tomeeboy
Jul 21, 2005, 03:08 PM
Okay.. well, that makes a bit more sense. So, basically, the problem is you are trying to enter non-alphanumerics into the calculator? such as symbols?

Tancient
Jul 21, 2005, 08:25 PM
Yup, all of which are supported by Blue Burst. I figured, if I'd use this one than dig through my hard drive. I can send you the little app if you want to take it apart or make it usable on the site.