PDA

View Full Version : Article: Sega classics on Revolution?

PrinceBrightstar
Jul 24, 2005, 05:10 AM
IGN has put up an interesting commentary (http://cube.ign.com/articles/635/635224p1.html) about the prospect of Sega's classic line up appearing on the Revolution. Sega president Simon Jeffrey had only to say that "We're very interested in Revolution at the moment. We obviously haven't made any announcements, but we, like other people, are talking with Nintendo about what Revolution will be, about potential opportunities on Revolution."
If anyone has the Nintendo Power article this story originally comes from, please let us see it on the forums.

Split
Jul 24, 2005, 10:57 AM
There was a similar article in gameinformer. I'll look for it sometime...

Jul 24, 2005, 11:39 AM
If I remember correctly, I believe Naka said something to the regard of wanting to see sega classics on Revolution... Here's to hoping!

adamgnome104
Jul 24, 2005, 02:21 PM
O.o It's pointless in my opinion.

Sega releases like all it's games in one Gamecube/PS2 whatever collection, even the phantasy star games.

Although not all of them were released, and the Sonic CD english soundtrack SUCKS! >_>

I wanna play all those games that have cameos in PSO that I never played.

OPA OPA OMFG

butzopower
Jul 24, 2005, 03:26 PM
MAME EMULATOR!

adamgnome104
Jul 24, 2005, 05:11 PM
*Hits you over the head with a revolution*

butzopower
Jul 24, 2005, 07:01 PM
CHU CHU ROCKET!

There should have been a Puyo mag.

exeq
Jul 25, 2005, 12:09 PM
Or one of Dr. Robotnic's Mean Beans

Jul 25, 2005, 03:54 PM
Tycho told me that someone cracked open PSO BB and found the name of a Puyo Pop mag and the mag cell. Amitie's Note. o_____X

So I think there is going to be one!

GyroidFanatic
Jul 25, 2005, 06:44 PM
Here's exactly what the article says about that:

NP: This is kind of a wild idea, but it would be very cool. At E3, Nintendo announced that the Revolution would have the capability to download NES, Super NES, and N64 games. Would it be at all feasible, do you think, to partner with Nintendo and perhaps add the Sega Genesis to that list?

MT: That's a pretty wild idea. (Laughs.) You should talk to Nintendo about that.

butzopower
Jul 26, 2005, 12:30 AM
Or one of the things from Kirby's Avalanche.

Jul 26, 2005, 02:57 AM
Sega Mega Collection

Sega Mega Collection Classics(with 1 new game)

Best of Sega (same crap with 2 new games)

rinse and repeat

theyl proberly do that over and over in a ton of variations, same old crap with little new stuff in each new release

i want more origional sega games not rehashes

Jul 26, 2005, 04:53 PM
yo i love u and wish we could git in touch and pso is the best game ever im a gooooooood player and so is my friend

exeq
Jul 27, 2005, 02:52 PM
I also heard that there would be NO Hard drive, and not free. Meaining that they gmaes would be on a purchased game disk, with a small file download to a memory card to unlock the game. Might have to pay for the gmae to be unlocked.