PDA

View Full Version : Megid

Forral
Apr 28, 2003, 08:17 AM
Sorry to keep asking noob questions but...

My char just got megid but it doesn't seem to do much, does it have a low chance of hitting? Does it only affect certain enimies?

???

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Forral on 2003-04-28 06:17 ]</font>

Goza
Apr 28, 2003, 08:42 AM
I barely used it because it never seemed to work. As far as I can tell, it just has a small chance to insta-kill, but has no other effects. I wish I had the success rate of Ob Lillies. Of course, I've never used megid over 23, so it might get a lot better. Use it on Pan-Arms before they split http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

Stricker
Apr 28, 2003, 09:09 AM
Our Megids almost never hits. But wait until you reach ult caves. I hate those lilies. Now those megids are real megids.

Omni-SqwirL
Apr 28, 2003, 10:08 AM
Megid really isn't useful until level 20...that's where it starts to maybe hit an enemy

Forral
Apr 28, 2003, 10:17 AM
Ok thanks for the explanation http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif
When can I get the disk of Grants? I got the megid disk in a box from hard caves lol.

Forral
Apr 28, 2003, 01:32 PM
One more question... can u ever equip more than mag? Or do you use mag cells to merge them or something...

=/

Lord_of_Nightmares
Apr 28, 2003, 08:57 PM
Megid work wonder in ultimate episode 2, but for fonewearl, because of its boost and over 24 (the one I have)

LollipopLolita
Apr 28, 2003, 09:18 PM
this might be interesting to some people: megid stats

http://www.pso-world.com/sections.php?op=viewarticle&artid=676

Droxitr
Apr 28, 2003, 09:57 PM
Is that right?
At level 30, that chart says Megid is an insta-kill for 60 TP... which, as I understand it, by the time you can have a level 30 Megid, isn't much to part with for what you're getting.

LollipopLolita
Apr 28, 2003, 10:01 PM
it's not that it's instant kill but the power rating is 100

Droxitr
Apr 28, 2003, 10:50 PM
Which means...?
Hehe my only FO is level one, he's meant to be played with only my friends so we stay balanced in power, and I've only been on him to raise his mag and twink him. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Tulathis
Apr 29, 2003, 03:48 AM
it's not that it's instant kill but the power rating is 100
Yeah, what exactly does that mean? I thought it was actually a percentage, but then you had to factor in the target monster's dark resistance, yeilding the actual kill percentage.

kidterru
Apr 29, 2003, 05:04 AM
I just know that the odds of instant kill is much better if megid is at lvl 30. Megid works very well in seabed.

Helios
Apr 29, 2003, 02:54 PM
Megid is'nt half as useful as a dark/shadow/hell weapon

Vanango
Apr 29, 2003, 03:00 PM
EP II + Megid = carcasses at least if you're a Fonewearl or holding a dark bridge w/ penetrating megid. I can do one hit kills with my lvl 26 megid probalby 90% of the time.

It's great, that, rabarta, and fluids are all I need http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

Saulot
Apr 29, 2003, 10:45 PM
Megid is a slow to cast Tech, and not very useful at its lower levels. To best use it at low levels, you need to work on timing and tactics since it moves slowly, once you get those down, even at its lower levels it can be very useful.

Also, it doesn't work on bosses, so don't try. It is meant solely for normal enemies. If you could kill a boss with one hit however, where would the challenge and fun be?

rena-ko
Apr 30, 2003, 02:44 AM
question:
has the luck-stat something to do with it?
or is it solely the enemie's dark resistance and the megid's level's hit percentage?

Kent
Apr 30, 2003, 03:28 AM
The Luck stat only effects your chance to do critical hits with a weapon, so the chance to kill is only based on Megid level and the target's EDK.

rena-ko
Apr 30, 2003, 03:58 AM
i see... thanks ^_^

there was word of luck affecting megids chance on connecting with the enemy as well as affecting that gi/rabarta freezes enemies. but i havent found any proof on that so far.

Corelton
Apr 30, 2003, 03:02 PM
Where can a disk for Grants/Megid be obtained?
I havent ever been able to get them...

Corelton

HaLLa
Apr 30, 2003, 03:09 PM
you start to see them in the normal ruins and on I think

Saulot
May 1, 2003, 03:57 AM
Most of the Grants/Megid disks I have seen I've found in Ruins. Dunno about Ep2 though as I currently only have a Dreamcast. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif But sufice to say, your best chances at finding them would probably be to start making hunting runs through the Ruins and whatever the last level for Ep2 is (the higher the difficulty, the better/higher level tech disks you'll find). I have seen maybe 1 or 2 at most outside of Ruins throughout my entire history of playing PSO.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Saulot on 2003-05-01 01:58 ]</font>

JubeiSR
May 1, 2003, 07:30 AM
I foun lvl. 1 grants with my new skyly HUcast in the ruins i think a claw dropped it. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif hope you find it!

Sheik1
May 1, 2003, 10:45 PM
On 2003-04-29 03:04, kidterru wrote:
I just know that the odds of instant kill is much better if megid is at lvl 30. Megid works very well in seabed.

You literally can own ULT seabed with Megid. I have lv 30 Megid and could insta-kill nearly everything in VR SpaceShip in ULT mode (offline).

Of course I have a FOnewearl. Even at lv 20 Megid is still pretty cool, but misses maybe 50% of the time, but it is a lot better then casting some other techs lota times to do the same damage.

ophiel
May 1, 2003, 11:01 PM
My Megid level isnt up that high yet, Ill admit.
But I went to test it in the normal forests when I first got it. I was actually hoping it would be a big fire blast like from PS4..

Anyways, the results were pathetic at best.
I didnt kill a single booma, not even after 10 or so tries. - I did however, eventually kill a creature with it later whilst re-doing quests. I was amazed.

nathan
ophiel.
Lv. 66 fomar.
[mars army]
-lafayette division leader-
[echelon]

Sheik1
May 2, 2003, 12:14 AM
On 2003-05-01 21:01, ophiel wrote:
My Megid level isnt up that high yet, Ill admit.
But I went to test it in the normal forests when I first got it. I was actually hoping it would be a big fire blast like from PS4..

Anyways, the results were pathetic at best.
I didnt kill a single booma, not even after 10 or so tries. - I did however, eventually kill a creature with it later whilst re-doing quests. I was amazed.

nathan
ophiel.
Lv. 66 fomar.
[mars army]
[echelon]

Some enemies are extramly resistant to EDK...dark techniques or megid. The ones easily effected by it, by my experiance, are enemies in seabed, CCT, and some enemies in VR spaceship. It depends on what they are resistant to and how high your megid level is. I actually had quite good luck with it in the VR spaceship level in ULT mode.

ophiel
May 2, 2003, 11:05 AM
On 2003-05-01 22:14, alland wrote:

Some enemies are extramly resistant to EDK...dark techniques or megid. The ones easily effected by it, by my experiance, are enemies in seabed, CCT, and some enemies in VR spaceship. It depends on what they are resistant to and how high your megid level is. I actually had quite good luck with it in the VR spaceship level in ULT mode.

To tell you the truth, I havent messed around with megid much since that first time. I will start trying to use it on the seabed though, It would be a great help against those sinows. (grr.)

nathan
ophiel.
Lv. 66 fomar.
[mars army]
[echelon]

Vanango
May 2, 2003, 11:50 AM
I know this would be better suited in the trade section, but if anyone is interested, I have a bunch of megid and grants disks.... lvl 13, 17, and I think I might have a 24 megid. If you're interested, i just want mind and hp mats. PM me and I'll let you know.