PDA

View Full Version : What are my chances to find this weapon?

Oshan
Apr 28, 2003, 08:36 AM
I've never played a PINKAL force before - always went the way of the hunter - but I figured I'd give it a whirl. Anywho, been playing the Xbox version offline, and managed to unlock ultimate ruins last night, but my question is this:

I'm searching for a Holy Ray, and word has it (as does your chart), that the cave boss drops one, but there was only four confirmations for this. Is it worth my time to repeat caves repeatedly and try to find it? I remember when I was a HUcaseal/SKYLY as was shooting for a dragon's claw from SIL; the fucker never dropped the thing.

Anywho, is it about as rare as a MAHU for a PINKAL, or more so? Thanks http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Goza
Apr 28, 2003, 08:38 AM
I'd say much more rare than a Mahu. Anyway, there's an Episode 1 Item Drop Percentage chart in the Guides section that rates it with stars. That should give you an idea of how you stand in comparison to other things you have and have not found.

noob-of-fury
Apr 28, 2003, 08:39 AM
The question is not 'is it worth it?' it is 'how much do you want it?'

Oshan
Apr 28, 2003, 08:41 AM
I'm pretty sure that wasn't the question I asked, thanks.

Oshan
Apr 28, 2003, 08:49 AM
On 2003-04-28 06:38, Goza wrote:
I'd say much more rare than a Mahu. Anyway, there's an Episode 1 Item Drop Percentage chart in the Guides section that rates it with stars. That should give you an idea of how you stand in comparison to other things you have and have not found.

Missed that guide, thanks http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif **** = no problem http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Goza
Apr 28, 2003, 08:51 AM
Anytime.

From my experience, anything with a 1, 2, or 3, is a cakewalk. I'm guessing it's probably a 4 or 5, which means you're going to be killing Dal Ra Lie 20 to 25 times for it. Can anyone back me up on this? I've never rare hunted on a boss before.

Oshan
Apr 28, 2003, 09:11 AM
On 2003-04-28 06:51, Goza wrote:
Anytime.

From my experience, anything with a 1, 2, or 3, is a cakewalk. I'm guessing it's probably a 4 or 5, which means you're going to be killing Dal Ra Lie 20 to 25 times for it. Can anyone back me up on this? I've never rare hunted on a boss before.

That sounds about right. It is 4 stars, and it is the same as delsaber left arm for me, and considering the amount I've killed and the one arm I have, 20-25 sounds accurate.

Killing him isn't hard for my force, it is just the journey to get there that is a bummer.

Goza
Apr 28, 2003, 09:26 AM
On 2003-04-28 07:11, Oshan wrote:

On 2003-04-28 06:51, Goza wrote:
Anytime.

That sounds about right. It is 4 stars, and it is the same as delsaber left arm for me, and considering the amount I've killed and the one arm I have, 20-25 sounds accurate.

Killing him isn't hard for my force, it is just the journey to get there that is a bummer.

Amen. Caves are long and boring.